Swapped out my One Max for a One 4.4 root status??

Search This thread
Really loved the screen size but the One Max was just way too bulky :(
Plan was to swap out the phones, race home and s-off. Unfortunately when I got to the store the sales rep had already done me a "favor" by installing the 4.4 update for me. ahhhhhh!!!!!!! lol Is there any way to root this bad boy yet?

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Not yet. Hopefully soon, but who knows. Htc is getting better at finding exploits and fixing them. I have a fear that pretty soon no phones will be able to get s-off.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Are you on 4.4 or 4.4.2? If 4.4 you can use firewater to unlock tour phone

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Nov 21, 2010
I'm crossing my fingers as well. I just recently switched back to Android from iOS and I would love to clean up this bloatware.

note3userr

Oct 17, 2013
I'm also on 4.4.2 and I wanna root my phone. Is there a way to downgrade to an older android like a factory reset? I want to try all these custom Roms its killing me lol

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
I'm also on 4.4.2 and I wanna root my phone. Is there a way to downgrade to an older android like a factory reset? I want to try all these custom Roms its killing me lol

Nope, only if you're s-off.

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012

Nope you need to be s off to downgrade. If it makes you feel better you are not missing much on the Roms. Lol

I am sure he will come out with a root for the phone.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Nope you need to be s off to downgrade. If it makes you feel better you are not missing much on the Roms. Lol

Are you serious? You just took a huge shot at the devs that generously donate their time to give us some very awesome roms. I can't really even believe you just said that. Why are you here? What a joke.

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Guess you two idiot don't know what lol means. I was joking about it because they guy really wanted to try out the Roms.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
Guess you two idiot don't know what lol means. I was joking about it because they guy really wanted to try out the Roms.

The addition of "lol" only makes it look like you're bashing the roms we have even more. Maybe next time just proofread what you type so you don't accidentally come off like a **** or call people idiots in a poorly constructed post.

Reactions: jax187

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
The addition of "lol" only makes it look like you're bashing the roms we have even more. Maybe next time just proofread what you type so you don't accidentally come off like a **** or call people idiots in a poorly constructed post.

If I was bashing the devs work I surely wouldn't be laughing about it now would I? I would be serious. In all the years on different android forums I never once saw a person bashing a devs work end it in lol. I have supported many devs over the years and with the HTC one recommended many Roms to members on here. I just tested a fix for data drops on the latest viper one Rom for a dev. Anyone that knows me can say I don't bash a devs work unless they steal from another dev and try to pass it off as their own work.

So next time when you can't understand a post ask the person what they meant or just ignore the post all together. Instead of attacking the person blindly.

onthehole

Nov 26, 2011
If I was bashing the devs work I surely wouldn't be laughing about it now would I? I would be serious. In all the years on different android forums I never once saw a person bashing a devs work end it in lol. I have supported many devs over the years and with the HTC one recommended many Roms to members on here. I just tested a fix for data drops on the latest viper one Rom for a dev. Anyone that knows me can say I don't bash a devs work unless they steal from another dev and try to pass it off as their own work.

So next time when you can't understand a post ask the person what they meant or just ignore the post all together. Instead of attacking the person blindly.

I immediately recognize the name Dark Jedi from the Rezound forums. This dude is legit. Extremely helpful dude.

Edit, dying for iamtheonetheycallneo to get over here and start building!!1 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jax187

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
I immediately recognize the name Dark Jedi from the Rezound forums. This dude is legit. Extremely helpful dude.

Thanks for the post and kind words. I have always tried to help where I can.

Your right neo has been dragging his feet far to long. We need to drag him kicking and screaming over to the One side lol. If I had the money I would buy him a One just so he could dev over here. Not saying viper one or any of the other Roms are bot good enough. Just the more the merrier and more options for us users. I have been rocking viper one one since release and has been a beast for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are you serious? You just took a huge shot at the devs that generously donate their time to give us some very awesome roms. I can't really even believe you just said that. Why are you here? What a joke.