[Q] Do I have to remove Knox on 4.3 if I didn't install it?

Search This thread

fdecker

Mar 22, 2014
I see all this talk about having to remove Knox to root the S3 with 4.3, but I upgraded OTA and I don't believe it installed it. I see the link on my screen, but when I click on it, it explains what it is and I can click "install". So unless there is some secret partition, I don't need to worry about running the Knox removal script, do I?

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
All Knox does is show a flag when you flash a custom recovery or root with certain methods, and you cannot reset it like the flash counter.. So you can still root it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fdecker

fdecker

Mar 22, 2014
It does a little more

All Knox does is show a flag when you flash a custom recovery or root with certain methods, and you cannot reset it like the flash counter.. So you can still root it

Well, it allows an entirely separate and isolated profile or partition for separating work or secure things from personal things if you set it up. I thought the "remove knox" script was required for rooting or setting up a custom recovery. But if only the shortcut to the installer is there, I guess I don't need to remove it. I checked my Odin screen and it doesn't show there.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Well, it allows an entirely separate and isolated profile or partition for separating work or secure things from personal things if you set it up. I thought the "remove knox" script was required for rooting or setting up a custom recovery. But if only the shortcut to the installer is there, I guess I don't need to remove it. I checked my Odin screen and it doesn't show there.

Yes, but I meant regarding rooting :D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.