512 mb ram
4gb rom
Board Nuclear_evb
GPU Mali 400
GPU ARM
Hardware sun5i
kernel version 3.0.8+
7 inch screen

I want a custom kitkat rom for my device.
Searched all XDA threads found none useful :(
I want to develop own rom 4.4 for my device. I am a noob so please bear with me :)
I will be highly obliged if someone would make it for me :p
But just want some guidance to develop custom rom.
Please can just someone tell me how to develop rom for my device.
My device is Intex I Buddy 3 and is rooted. I have knowledge about rooting ,firmwares , kernels etc.
Can someone tell me that rom can be developed?
If yes then guide me the steps to do so as I am a quick learner I won't cause much trouble :laugh:
If no then why rom can not be developed.
So please help me :)
Thanks in advance.

Note: Please don't ignore this thread as I really need a kitkat rom for my device as it is completely screwed up :( . I dont have enough funds so that I can buy a new device :(

Still no help found :(

Last edited:

orbitA13

Dec 2, 2013
Taguig City
www.darkorbitrom.com
Hello Guys :)
I am new here and I have a allwinner a13 tab
Android 4.0.4
1.2 Ghz Single Core Cortex A8
Baseband V 1.5
Kernel armv7I
512 mb ram
4gb rom
Board Nuclear_evb
GPU Mali 400
GPU ARM
Hardware sun5i
kernel version 3.0.8+
7 inch screen

I want to develop own rom 4.4 for my device. I am a noob so please bear with me :)
My device is Intex I Buddy 3 and is rooted. I have knowledge about rooting ,firmwares , kernels etc.
If yes then guide me the steps to do so as I am a quick learner I won't cause much trouble :laugh:
Thanks in advance.

Note: Please don't ignore this thread as I really need a kitkat rom for my device as it is completely screwed up :( . I dont have enough funds so that I can buy a new device :(

I have been wanting this as well but so far I have yet to see someone port or try to port a ROM for the A13 using the KitKat rom. I have many A13 tabs and I have some custom ROMs I created myself but none entail the makes of the KitKat ROM. To be honest I am not even sure it can be done other then a stock ROM modified to replicate the KitKat ROM meaning it is per say JellyBean 4.2 but the prop is edited to say KitKat and the theme to look like KitKat the added features etc. :)

Reactions: Tech N You

Tech N You

Jul 10, 2014
Unknown Land
I have been wanting this as well but so far I have yet to see someone port or try to port a ROM for the A13 using the KitKat rom. I have many A13 tabs and I have some custom ROMs I created myself but none entail the makes of the KitKat ROM. To be honest I am not even sure it can be done other then a stock ROM modified to replicate the KitKat ROM meaning it is per say JellyBean 4.2 but the prop is edited to say KitKat and the theme to look like KitKat the added features etc. :)

I also want to run KitKat as you. Can you guide me how to modify stock rom in order to flash kitkat boot img and run kitkat or anything else that can create a cutsom rom.?:confused:

orbitA13

Dec 2, 2013
Taguig City
www.darkorbitrom.com
I also want to run KitKat as you. Can you guide me how to modify stock rom in order to flash kitkat boot img and run kitkat or anything else that can create a cutsom rom.?:confused:

Light MODing like editing build.prop start up sound and things like that is easy you can even change your start up/splash images and even APK's adding and removing with simple tools you can find on the net just do a search for how to edit your stock ROM or any ROM for that matter even here you might find all the tools you need.

I create all my ROMs using Ubuntu 12.04.3 desktop AMD64 and Source for JB 4.2.2 or a donor ROM which is similar to the stock ROM of the device the user may own. As for explaining step by step I am sorry but you will need to do the leg work for that as it is not easy to explain and you will need a general knowledge of what you are doing and at some points advanced knowledge. As for flashing the boot.img from KitKat to JB 4.2.2 will not work.Things that would/could be added if compatible to your donor ROM are Drivers, Sounds, Images, APKs, System Apps, Etc...

So the point is here that you can add images and splash screen and boot up images that come from KitKat and even add the apps if compatible with JB 4.2.2 and tweaks of your own that are made to boot with the system or not anything else would need to be ported and as mentioned I have yet to see a ported KitKat version for the A13. You can also edit your SystemUi.apk to make changes but this is another avenue make sure you understand and know what you are doing when doing so and always make backups!

Some Tools
=========
System Type is up to you!
ADB Tools is a (MUST)
DragonFace
LiveSuite
APK Tool
Bootimage Tools
slidepad704ce-jb-kitchen
Script-Bin Tools
Uberizer

This is just some of the things you can use some are for Windows other I use on Ubuntu.

Last edited:

Tech N You

Jul 10, 2014
Unknown Land
Light MODing like editing build.prop start up sound and things like that is easy you can even change your start up/splash images and even APK's adding and removing with simple tools you can find on the net just do a search for how to edit your stock ROM or any ROM for that matter even here you might find all the tools you need.

I create all my ROMs using Ubuntu 12.04.3 desktop AMD64 and Source for JB 4.2.2 or a donor ROM which is similar to the stock ROM of the device the user may own. As for explaining step by step I am sorry but you will need to do the leg work for that as it is not easy to explain and you will need a general knowledge of what you are doing and at some points advanced knowledge. As for flashing the boot.img from KitKat to JB 4.2.2 will not work.Things that would/could be added if compatible to your donor ROM are Drivers, Sounds, Images, APKs, System Apps, Etc...

So the point is here that you can add images and splash screen and boot up images that come from KitKat and even add the apps if compatible with JB 4.2.2 and tweaks of your own that are made to boot with the system or not anything else would need to be ported and as mentioned I have yet to see a ported KitKat version for the A13. You can also edit your SystemUi.apk to make changes but this is another avenue make sure you understand and know what you are doing when doing so and always make backups!

Some Tools
=========
System Type is up to you!
ADB Tools is a (MUST)
DragonFace
LiveSuite
APK Tool
Bootimage Tools
slidepad704ce-jb-kitchen
Script-Bin Tools
Uberizer

This is just some of the things you can use some are for Windows other I use on Ubuntu.

Ohk! Thank you:laugh::good::p

Kiciuk

Jul 16, 2014
Here is version for allwinner a10(this is allwinner a13+HDMI):
4pda.ru/ forum/index.php?showtopic=425228&st=2380#entry30353733
sorry for non working link but i cant add working (restrication)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys :)
    I am new here and I have a allwinner a13 tab
    Android 4.0.4
    1.2 Ghz Single Core Cortex A8
    Baseband V 1.5
    Kernel armv7I
    512 mb ram
    4gb rom
    Board Nuclear_evb
    GPU Mali 400
    GPU ARM
    Hardware sun5i
    kernel version 3.0.8+
    7 inch screen

Thanks in advance.