Universal 1 Click Eris Root App Apk - No PCs, No Scripts Needed, EASY

Search This thread

tguellich

Jan 7, 2011
Thanks

I got an error the first time I tried to run Rootme.zip

I restarted the entire process and it worked like a charm.

Thanks again!

tklives

Feb 28, 2011
Nordeast
Baffled...

OK, because you guys are the Eris guru's, I am kind of dumping a couple of questions in the same post...(sorry, but you are good!)

So I will preface with the fact this MAY not be completely related to the rooting, but I figured this would be a good outlet for it. I went through the process, rooted the phone, everything was peachy. I had Superuser and everything. When trying to open up Titanium Backup, I was prompted as usual to grant permissions, which I did. When it finally launches, it tells me unable to acquire root access.

Is this just maybe a problem where Titanium Backup doesn't work on the Eris, or is it possible that it did not completely root somehow?

**Furthermore, I then flashed clockworkmod and attempted to flash the GSB ROM. It flashed successfully, followed by gapps (blah blah). But then when I rebooted, it just replayed the boot animation for 7 hours (over night). I backed it all up before meddling, so life is good, but could that be related to the root issue too?

I am sorry to ask this here, and truly appreciate any help you have to offer!!

Thanks!
TK

doogald

May 27, 2010
OK, because you guys are the Eris guru's, I am kind of dumping a couple of questions in the same post...(sorry, but you are good!)

So I will preface with the fact this MAY not be completely related to the rooting, but I figured this would be a good outlet for it. I went through the process, rooted the phone, everything was peachy. I had Superuser and everything. When trying to open up Titanium Backup, I was prompted as usual to grant permissions, which I did. When it finally launches, it tells me unable to acquire root access.

Is this just maybe a problem where Titanium Backup doesn't work on the Eris, or is it possible that it did not completely root somehow?

**Furthermore, I then flashed clockworkmod and attempted to flash the GSB ROM. It flashed successfully, followed by gapps (blah blah). But then when I rebooted, it just replayed the boot animation for 7 hours (over night). I backed it all up before meddling, so life is good, but could that be related to the root issue too?

Thanks!
TK

With TiBu, there is a "Problems" button at the bottom. I assume that you didn't have Busybox installed, and that will install it for you. That was probably the issue.

We Eris users tend to discourage Clockwork Recovery, as people with Clockwork have bricked their phones in the past. However, based on your post, my guess is that you did not wipe data before you flashed GSB and gapps. Forgetting to do that will lead to the results you describe.

Reactions: tklives

tklives

Feb 28, 2011
Nordeast
With TiBu, there is a "Problems" button at the bottom. I assume that you didn't have Busybox installed, and that will install it for you. That was probably the issue.

We Eris users tend to discourage Clockwork Recovery, as people with Clockwork have bricked their phones in the past. However, based on your post, my guess is that you did not wipe data before you flashed GSB and gapps. Forgetting to do that will lead to the results you describe.

Ok, good to know about the clockwork recovery! Do you recommend just using the stock utility to flash then?

Also, I did try to install the busybox, and that is where I am getting the Root Denied message. I tried uninstalling TiBu and reinstalling, but got the same result. I will wipe the phone completely, and start from square one.

I personally have a galaxy s, so it is a bit of a different world than the Eris.

Thank you for your help! :)

TK

djsmeadly

Aug 20, 2010
the recovery rom installed

when performing this, does it put the latest recover mode on? i know there is a new bootloader and recovery mode then what I have, since the trackball became and issue. Is there a way to verify what recovery and bootloader are put on the eris after downloading and performing this?

montavious

Jun 25, 2008
trying to root an eris for a friend, I used to have one myself rooted a long time ago. I run the on click app, there's no option to reboot the phone in stock so I shut it down...No matter what I do I can't get recovery mode to come up? Even on rebooting it twice to no avail...Any advice? Thanks!

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Un install app, reinstall try again.

Reboot by turning it off, then on.

Sent from my LG Revolution

jporter18

Jun 23, 2011
Please help

When doing this, I have to do Vol DOWN and Power. Then I press up to get into recovery and it goes to a screen with a skateboarding android then it goes to a picture of the eris with a red triangle and exclaimation mark. I have tried several battery pulls, I put the SD Card in and out and tried it with it in and out and no luck. This is a friend of mines phone so IT CANNOT BE BRICKED. Please help me!

EDIT: Its working now, but when I go to the recovery option the trackball won't work.. suggestions?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ## I will clean up the code, and UI this weekend: and for those with any doubts: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/1-click-eris-root-app-no-pc-required/

## To those tempted to redistribute my apps, or apps based on my work without permission. This will only result in me using a new obnoxious DRM system. Please stop it.

Preface, This is not a free app, its a try before you buy app. If this app works for you, and you are happy with it. You are required to donate a meal to a homeless youth, or any amount of money to a youth outreach type program.

This is a TeamAndIRC production. The source code is available on request, if good reason exists.

I got bored and whipped this up tonight with ECLIPS3. This will root your Droid Eris running 2.1 with 1 click.

If something doesn't work, don't freak just contact me. Tested working on latest RUU.
    This does NOT erase anything off your phone.You can keep you data/apps with this root!

Step 1) download and install this apk
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8699733/erisone010.apk - VERSION 0.1.0

Step 2) Run, read disclaimer, press button

Step 3) Reboot, once rebooted your phone should have Amon's recovery. Yay.

Step 4) Use the recovery to flash rootme.zip that is now on your SDCard, or the custom rom of your choice.

Step 5) Go into settings, and turn usb debugging on. After you have root, please uninstall this app.

Just that easy.

Please come chat with use at http://chat.andirc.net or irc.andirc.net #droideris if you have a separate IRC client.

Credit to:
    Eclips3 for spending hours and hours and hours testing my crap. Without him this app wouldn't exist.

TopazAaron for the icon

wag3slav3 for the root method

Amon_RA for the recovery image

erisuser1 for the post that gave me the idea.

and to the authors of flash_image and superuser.apk.
    This is 100% legit! Very easy to do. One click. If you cant click one button. You dont deserve root lol!

If you do have troubles:

chat.andirc.net
    The trackball works fine, only in Amon RA is it not working!?!?

It happens. You are not the first. There are workarounds, and I provided links for the same.

Thanks!
    TK

If anyone still needs it here you go I found it on the wayback machine