[Keep it Civil]Tegra3 & Other Tablet Soc discussions/spec comparisons. Tablet ONLY!

Search This thread

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
It was aimed more for tegra3 doubters in general. Only one, nexus tablet, hasn't been officially announced.

Plus you basing tegra3 being released last year is b.s. when it released at the end of December. So tegra3 devices really started rolling out 2012, not 2011.

As I've seen you couldn't produce a list with as numerous tablets by a single chip maker set to release, I rest my case. 300 can be pre ordered now. Infinity pad will come after. Toshiba pads already set to release. All those on the list, except nexus tablet, is set to release with 1-3 months.

Fact still stands Tegra3 is the most powerful chip in Android tablets today. CPU and GPU wise. NVIDIA is already set to command half the year or more of having the most powerful android tablet chip. With announcement already made on new tegra3 aka T3+, it'll continue holding that title. Then that'll lead into tegra4, which will easily continue to carry the torch. Case closed.

shinzz

Dec 18, 2011
I said currently available, not in july, not in summer, none of the bolded products above are available for purchase from places like amazon or brick and mortar stores, some haven't even been officially announced yet (ie, the nexus tablet)

you need to calm down, you've regressed to a ranting, raving lunatic around here

When did Google announce they will be making Tegra 3 tablet? As far as the rumor goes, they haven't decided which SoC to use as they are trying to trim the price down....

But since OP pointed out... I'm sure it is a confirmation/fact since he made such statement.

Kinda odd for a SuperChip showdown thread that you only see "Tegra & Nvidia" news based on their PowerPoint. Plus, I thought according to Nvidia... Tegra 3 has achieved Console Quality graphics already (with ahem.. some claiming that Tegra 3 is at the same lvl as xbox 360 & PS3)... but now, mobile GPU might reach xbox 360 by 2014???

I wonder what else they will state next.....

Edit: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/04/qualcomms-s4-short-supply/

Quote from that article...

"Qualcomm has announced that it underestimated the demand for its new S4 processor for use in mobile devices like tablets and smartphones. Apparently, the increase in adoption of mobile devices to Qualcomm’s S4 Snapdragon chipset line is creating shortages that the company might not have the capacity to handle until the end of the year. The chipset can be found on devices like the HTC One X."

Could be just marketing BS by Qualcomm, but I'm sure Nvidia would like to face such problem.... HIGH DEMAND

Last edited:

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
P.S. TEGRA3 IS THE MOST POWERFUL ANDROID TABLET CHIP OUT NOW AND HAS BEEN SIMCE DECEMBER. MOST POWERFUL CPU & GPU

"If you already read our HTC One S review you already know what to expect here. The Terga 3 chipset, despite being a quad-core one, is based on the older, Cortex-A9, architecture, so it's not dramatically faster than the latest generation dual-core Krait processors. What's more, on some benchmarks Tegra 3 lagged behind the Snapdragon

Oddly enough, single-threaded performance wasn't that different as Benchmark Pi shows, but Linpack tested in multi-threaded mode showed that two Krait cores outdo the Tegra 3 quartet. Still, the One X CPU provides plenty of power and chances are you won't be feeling limited by it in the near future."

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x-review-747p3.php

Show me another chip maker that will have this many tablets and some phones with a comparable powerful chip by july at the latest.

Being king of tablet processors isn't enough for Nvidia to make their sales goals. There's not enough volume. On your list there's one phone, the non-LTE One X (LTE=S4). Now that I own one I know why Teg3 isn't being used in phones; it's a battery sucking pig. With a larger battery, doing the exact same things with the exact same apps I get 30% less battery life than I did with my i9100. Granted, some of it is the display but that level of battery performance will kill Teg3 in phones and explains why you don't see any. And phones are where the volume is. Teg3 is 40nm, the 4212 is 32nm, and the S4 is 28nm. The more modern chips (at least S4) deliver similar performance more efficiently without eating batteries for lunch. And the fifth core is amazing, the phone uses very little power at idle. So Teg3 is the chip to beat for people that don’t use their phones.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
"If you already read our HTC One S review you already know what to expect here. The Terga 3 chipset, despite being a quad-core one, is based on the older, Cortex-A9, architecture, so it's not dramatically faster than the latest generation dual-core Krait processors. What's more, on some benchmarks Tegra 3 lagged behind the Snapdragon

Oddly enough, single-threaded performance wasn't that different as Benchmark Pi shows, but Linpack tested in multi-threaded mode showed that two Krait cores outdo the Tegra 3 quartet. Still, the One X CPU provides plenty of power and chances are you won't be feeling limited by it in the near future."

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x-review-747p3.php

Being king of tablet processors isn't enough for Nvidia to make their sales goals. There's not enough volume. On your list there's one phone, the non-LTE One X (LTE=S4). Now that I own one I know why Teg3 isn't being used in phones; it's a battery sucking pig. With a larger battery, doing the exact same things with the exact same apps I get 30% less battery life than I did with my i9100. Granted, some of it is the display but that level of battery performance will kill Teg3 in phones and explains why you don't see any. And phones are where the volume is. Teg3 is 40nm, the 4212 is 32nm, and the S4 is 28nm. The more modern chips (at least S4) deliver similar performance more efficiently without eating batteries for lunch. And the fifth core is amazing, the phone uses very little power at idle. So Teg3 is the chip to beat for people that don’t use their phones.

in phones it does eat batteries for lunch..lol then add in the fact that htc making the batteries non replaceable hurts them in general. even for other processors. no more carrying a spare battery around.

i need to find out if the new tegra3 plus aka T3+ is still 40nm or if they reduced it to at least 32nm or so. there's a good chance they have.

just like apple is doing, if you haven't heard. apple is secretly reducing the size of the a5 processors in ipad 2 to a smaller die size. it'll make the ipad2 more efficient and even better on battery. tegra3 was the first of its kind. so going smaller die size is only natural. we already know tegra4 will use the same 4+1 arrangement of chips. except this time it'll have 5 Cortex 28nm A15 for the CPU. then everything is pointing to its gpu being keplar based so that'll put its gpu well above the entire competition. even anandtech said nothing will be more advanced or as powerful as that. Alot, including me, are waiting anxiously for benchmarks and more detailed info. Nvidia already released tegra4 to manufacturers since December so we should see stuff popping up soon.

p.s. oh n theres 4 phones on that list. htc one x, htc one xl, lg phone, and a zte one

Last edited:

walie

May 30, 2007
Leaked reports have shown that expected, the quad core exynos absolutely destroys tegra 3

sontin

Jan 17, 2011

I only see one Krait phone and nothing with Samsung's SoC. So both eating into the battery, too?

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
You guys ain't fanboy'n chipsets are you? Your love for these chips is unrequited, since they have no feelings :)

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I only see one Krait phone and nothing with Samsung's SoC. So both eating into the battery, too?

There are two Krait phones; the One S on T-Mobile and the One X(L) on AT&T. The next Evo on Sprint (a modified One XL) is also Krait. To dramatize how bad Teg3 is at battery life, the One XL (Krait) gets 5 hours of screen on time over 16 hours while the One X (Teg3) is lucky to get 3 over 12. And they use the same display and battery so the only difference is the SoC and drivers. But fortunately Nvidia has PowerPoint slides that they're applying to the problem. ;)

The SGS3 is using the Exynos 4212 which is quad-core. There's some obscure Chinese phone releasing in May using it too.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va

Just as yours is. You come into a gunfight with a knife..lol. come back when you have a tablet showing that chip inside benchmarked. That link means nothing.

A non confirmed prototype benchmark, come on now...lmao. you got to come harder than that. A good honest try though. Find something on the tablet scene. Not some rumored phone. Like I said, TEGRA3 still holds title of most powerful chip inside android tablets today. No way around that fact buddy.

Tempie007

Dec 15, 2010
That blasphemy is not even worth a good response. 2012 is the year of Tegra3. Period.

nice try though ;)

Bullcrap. Period.

CPU
The Tegra3 with its 4 cortex A9 cores is being pwnd at loads of areas by the A15 cpu (even on 2 cores! Tegra3 is absolutely no match for a 4-core A15 CPU).
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/05/htc-one-x-vs-one-s/

GPU
NVidia does a good marketing job, saying the Tegra3 is next-gen graphics blahblah. They might have added some nvidia-only stuff like you see in some games (for instance nice water effects), but in terms of raw horsepower; the Tegra3 GPU is getting pwnd at a lot of areas by the IPad3 A5x (Ipad3 has twice the resolution of the prime!)
See also above link where you can see that

We know nothing of the Tegra3+ at this moment, so lets wait ... Nvidia has a gap to fill....

demandarin don't listen to that NVidia propaganda ... get your facts right!

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Bullcrap. Period.

CPU
The Tegra3 with its 4 cortex A9 cores is being pwnd at this very moment by the A15 cpu (even on 2 cores!).
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/05/htc-one-x-vs-one-s/

GPU
NVidia does a good marketing job, saying the Tegra3 is next-gen graphics blahblah. They might have added some nvidia-only stuff like you see in some games (for instance nice water effects), but in terms of raw horsepower; the Tegra3 GPU is getting pwnd at a lot of areas by the IPad3 A5x (Ipad3 has twice the resolution of the prime!)

We know nothing of the Tegra3+ at this moment, so lets wait ... Nvidia has a gap to fill....

demandarin don't listen to that NVidia propaganda ... get your facts right!

don't show me some phone benchmark comparisons. we talking tablets in here. plus i got something to show you to contridict those scores on phone scene anyways..brb

that chip isnt even in any tablet so its scores are moot in this discussion.

funny how you thought you were actually coming with a news flash..lol but seriously, we talking Android tablets in here.

that was funny..

here we go, the same tegra3 vs. s4 tests.....except tegra3 killed the S4 in cpu and gpu scores. lol
http://android-on.ru/2012/04/23/обзор-nvidia-tegra-3-против-qualcomm-snapdragon-s4/

here it is translated: http://translate.google.com/transla...2%D0%B8%D0%B2-qualcomm-snapdragon-s4/&act=url

The winner of that showdown of benchmarks, Tegra3. with a score of 5-2 vs. Snapdragon S4.

try again ;)

oh, in tegra3 cpu destroys new ipad dual core 1ghz cpu. funny how u had to show two different chips. show me one chip that beats it on both fronts. you just seen tegra3 beat s4 on both fronts, basically. new ipad is lame because it has a powerful gpu but still has one of the weakest cpu in the industry. trying to attack tegra3 with 2 different chips thats only better on one front isnt meaningful. plus the benchmark i just showed contradicts your first one.

Last edited:

walie

May 30, 2007
don't show me some phone benchmark comparisons. we talking tablets in here....

Oh really?

Out of all the new chips coming out, Tegra3 seen as the best.

www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-s4-vs-nvidia-kal-el-vs-ti-omap-4470-vs-samsung-exynos-4212-26636/

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

[UPDATE] 4/20/2012

This week Nvidia has announced its newer Tegra3+ chips to be released that will have Icera voice over LTE radios in them. They will be called T3+. This will split off into the Wayne and Gray variants by Q3. The grey is the one THST will have the LTE radio. This makes nvidia the likely candidate and replacement for all tablets and mobile phones this year That was going to use Qualcomm S4 Snapdragon chip. Also once Q4 & Q1 of 2013 arrives, Tegra4 will be rolling out ;)

QUALCOMM just officially announced it won't be able to make demand this year for the S4 chip due to manufacturing processes involving the 28nm S4 chip. So most tablets and phones that were originally going to use that chip will have to use a a different one. This is were Nvidia will likely step in and take over. I posted the link to THST qualcomm news in the infinity pad thread. Its all over the major tech sites now though, so take a look if you doubt that news.

This is the link to the new Tegra3 aka T3+ that will arrive shortly.
http://www.slashgear.com/nvidia-teg...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+slashgear+(SlashGear)

MORE NEWS. Nvidia plots mobile SoC GPU plot and easily expect to surpass Xbox360 performance by 2013-2014
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5762/...c-gpu-performance-surpassing-xbox-360-by-2014

Dude, come on.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Just as yours is. You come into a gunfight with a knife..lol. come back when you have a tablet showing that chip inside benchmarked. That link means nothing.

A non confirmed prototype benchmark, come on now...lmao. you got to come harder than that. A good honest try though. Find something on the tablet scene. Not some rumored phone. Like I said, TEGRA3 still holds title of most powerful chip inside android tablets today. No way around that fact buddy.

Really? Because you're taking Nvidia marketing speak as Gospel in this thread.

gooser91

Jan 18, 2012
I don't know about you guys but the exynos 5250 is gonna wipe the floor with every other processor that is A9. They will not be able to come anywhere roe motels close to the cortex A15. This includes the tegra 3 (which is very lackluster and over rated IMO )

Either way, the debate isn't between tegra and s4, the only debate is when the 5250 will be available.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I don't know about you guys but the exynos 5250 is gonna wipe the floor with every other processor that is A9. They will not be able to come anywhere roe motels close to the cortex A15. This includes the tegra 3 (which is very lackluster and over rated IMO )

Either way, the debate isn't between tegra and s4, the only debate is when the 5250 will be available.

No one is worried about that. It'll be a long time before that chip even reaches tablets. By then tegra4 will release. Which will be 4+1 setup of 5 core A15 @ 28nm process. Plus everything is pointing towards its gpu being keplar based.

Like I said before, Nvidia will have commanded most of this year, in Android tablets, with Tegra3 being top dog. There's no way around it. Its a fact. No other Android tablet out right now is more powerful CPU or even GPU wise.

If you want we can easily talk about chips nit even released yet. Anandtech predictions even said, nothing will come close to touching the power and advance technology tegra4 will have. These includes Samsung 5250, apple A5x, Qualcomm snapdragon S4, or T.I. Nvidia is ahead of everyone when it comes to breaking out new technology and always surpass everyone by large margins when they do. Others are just copycats. They copied Nvidia dual core design when theory were saying it wasn't needed. Now they copying quad core design when they originally said it wasn't needed. Nvidia will still have edge over other quad core designs because Nvidia actually adds a 5th. Core., like with tegra3.

All the hype right now is about Asus tablets and Nvidia Tegra3. TEGRA3 still toted as the king of Android mobile processors among major tech sites. That's why tegra3 is being released in most newer tablets set to release.

Tempie007

Dec 15, 2010
Nvidia is ahead of everyone when it comes to breaking out new technology and always surpass everyone by large margins when they do. Others are just copycats. They copied Nvidia dual core design when theory were saying it wasn't needed. Now they copying quad core design when they originally said it wasn't needed. Nvidia will still have edge over other quad core designs because Nvidia actually adds a 5th. Core., like with tegra3.

The tegra2 design wasn't copied. In fact, the tegra2 is acting different than most other dual core cpu's (for instance: tegra 2 is unable to seperately control its cores). And yes, tegra2 was different with it's GPU (NVidia made some nvidia-only features, trying to get a monopoly on the market with its tegra-only games).

The tegra3 design, as you are stating yourself, is working differently than other quad core cpu's. So, what exactly are they copying?
Are they copy-cats just for implementing more than 2 cores?

Some in-depth information regarding the quad-core design of S4 and Tegra3:
http://www.extremetech.com/computin...n-s4-and-tegra-3-manage-arm-cores-differently

gooser91

Jan 18, 2012
I think you need to calm down a little and back up from nvidia. You seem to be blinded by your bias fanboyism.

The 5250 is already in mass production and is suppose to be released in tablets in Q2 to the second half of the year.

Also, i agree the CPU in the tegra 3 is at the top currently, but in terms of gpu it is extremely lacking. There are many socs with better gpus. Tegra has repeatedly under delivered as far as gpu is concerned.

I think your a little too protective of this tegra chip and neee to ease up a bit. I have sent my Asus Prime back for a refund because I was displeased, and I will never buy another Asus product as long as I live. The quality of the build, quality control, and screen were all extremely poor. I tried 4 Primes, all with defective screens and other problems. There's no need to defend this product or chip, what do you get out of it?

Let's just be honest with ourselves. The tegra 3 has a good CPU, a weak GPU and it will be smoked by the 5250 which will release very soon. Also, you expect tegra 4 out soon, by let us not forget when tegra 3 was suppose to be released, when it actually was released and how many products use it currently?

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I think you need to calm down a little and back up from nvidia. You seem to be blinded by your bias fanboyism.

The 5250 is already in mass production and is suppose to be released in tablets in Q2 to the second half of the year.

Also, i agree the CPU in the tegra 3 is at the top currently, but in terms of gpu it is extremely lacking. There are many socs with better gpus. Tegra has repeatedly under delivered as far as gpu is concerned.

I think your a little too protective of this tegra chip and neee to ease up a bit. I have sent my Asus Prime back for a refund because I was displeased, and I will never buy another Asus product as long as I live. They quality of the build, quality control, and screen were all extremely poor. I tried 4 Primes, all with defective screens and other problems. There's no need to defend this product or chip, what do you get out of it?

Let's just be homes with ourselves. The tegra 3 has a good CPU, a weak GPU and it will be smoked by the 5250 which will release very soon. Also, you expect tegra 4 out soon, by let us not forget when tegra 3 was suppose to be released, when it actually was released and how many products use it currently?

there is no bias. only facts. if 5250 was so ready to release and mass produced then why did Samsung can 2 10.1 inch tablets in favor of releasing it much later in the year? get outta here..lol 5250 isn't in mass production at all yet. so that chip is moot till it releases.

Tegra3 has the most powerful GPU of any android tablet out in the market today. READ AGAIN, IN THE ANDROID "TABLET" MARKET TODAY. please show me your imaginary android "TABLET"chip that has a more POWERFUL GPU than tegra3. you cant because it doesn't exist. even the link i showed has the phone version beating out the s4, gpu and CPU wise. so your imaginary chip isn't even in existence to compare. it'll be close to end of year when that 5250 releases. by then it will be too late and they are behind the curve when other manufacturers moving on to bigger and better things.

Samsung is decent but they are apple wannabe's.

oh and alot more products use tegra3 vs. the 5250 which isn't even out yet..lmfao sounds like you Samsung biased which means apple wannabe ;)

it sux your prime didn't work out well for you but mines is the opposite. great build quality, great battery life, the best display in Android tablets today, and has the class leading and most powerful CPU & gpu combination in android tablets today, and that's the tegra3.

come back when you have some proof of something CURRENTLY available in the Android tablet market today to beat tegra3. Remember, ANNNDROIDD TABLETTT MARRRKETTT...lol

case closed :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Keep it Civil]Tegra3 & Other Tablet Soc discussions/spec comparisons. Tablet ONLY!

Out of all the new chips coming out, Tegra3 seen as the best.

www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-s4-vs-nvidia-kal-el-vs-ti-omap-4470-vs-samsung-exynos-4212-26636/

[UPDATE] 4/20/2012

This week Nvidia has announced its newer Tegra3+ chips to be released that will have Icera voice over LTE radios in them. They will be called T3+. This will split off into the Wayne and Gray variants by Q3. The grey is the one THST will have the LTE radio. This makes nvidia the likely candidate and replacement for all tablets and mobile phones this year That was going to use Qualcomm S4 Snapdragon chip. Also once Q4 & Q1 of 2013 arrives, Tegra4 will be rolling out ;)

QUALCOMM just officially announced it won't be able to make demand this year for the S4 chip due to manufacturing processes involving the 28nm S4 chip. So most tablets and phones that were originally going to use that chip will have to use a a different one. This is were Nvidia will likely step in and take over. I posted the link to that qualcomm news in the infinity pad thread. Its all over the major tech sites now though, so take a look if you doubt that news.

This is the link to the new Tegra3 aka T3+ that will arrive shortly.
    http://www.slashgear.com/nvidia-teg...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+slashgear+(SlashGear)

MORE NEWS. Nvidia plots mobile SoC GPU plot and easily expect to surpass Xbox360 performance by 2013-2014
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5762/...c-gpu-performance-surpassing-xbox-360-by-2014

DISCLAIMER: This is for people who like Asus/Nvidia/Tegra3 or beyond. Not for the haters of any of those to try to bash them. IF you want to debate, ok but act civil in doing so. Name calling and such isn't being civil and person or persons will be dealt with accordingly. Don't have time for childish back & forth nonsense.
    There should be alot of Tegra 3 devices in 2012. Smart Phones and Tablets.

Per the CEO in their Nov 10th Earnings Report Q & A

I'm more confident in the Tegra 3 at this point than I was in the Tegra 2 at this point a year ago. We have alot more design wins. We're better at it. We have alot more engineers. We are engaging with alot more customers...

... Tegra 3, is pretty unambiguous. I feel more confident today than I did on the Tegra 2 cycle. ...
    I suppose I'll pop in with my unresearched uneducated garbage :D

I think it's easy to agree that Teg3 in phones is certainly shaping up badly and isn't going to take off. As mentioned, we'll see what happens with the Teg3+; certainly it would do better if they did reduce it to 32. But it still isn't going to pull as much weight as whatever Apple/Samsung are using in the phone market and also as mentioned, that is going to be the largest revenue and sales numbers for SoC's. Teg3 IMO is indeed king of the tablet market, for both power and battery consumption (disregarding the reader-tablets), the only thing really holding it back is the decision to couple it with terribly slow internal flash memory and not include the use of better RAM. Why they're putting the good RAM in the more discount tablet I'll never know.

Anything at all you buy is going to be obsolete in sixth months regardless, Teg3 took it a bit further, but I'm pretty hopeful for the next couple of generations of the Tegra line of SoC's.

For the time being this is still just fine, and not really rivaled by anything aside from other iterations from the same manufacturer. The Yoga from Lenovo I suppose, but it just seems silly to me and Lenovo lost my trust long ago. Decent company and usually decent products to a degree though, but it just feels like when I buy Lenovo, I buy more often than what is needed elsewhere (meaning replacing internal components or calling it a good enough time to upgrade). Of course I'm only referring to those tablets which will feature full keyboards, as though it's enough of the market.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD via my tethered HTC Vision
    this is my thread for Nvidia/Tegra3 news. No one asked all these other people to come in and basically bash the thread talking about how its a failure or this or that.

I am glad that you started this very informative and interesting thread, Kid.
    But I do not understand why, all of a sudden, the thread has to be a "yes men".
    You should know better that you will not get 100% of approval on your position regarding Prime and Tegra3.
    You should accept opposing points of view which are the engine for advancements.

And I also noticed that in a lot of threads that you did not start you jump into to bring your opinion. It is well accepted in general but invasive also because you want to be everywhere.

All members know, by now, that you are the best marketing agent for the Prime and its Tegra. Some disagree and the fact that you start a thread rightfully gives them the right to express their opinion. You do not like it, move on!!!!!!!!!!!!1

opinions are always welcomed along with opposing positions. The difference is when some come in ranting this opposing opinion with name calling, labels, or this or that, its unneccessary and crosses the line. I know how to keep my cool and not let it get to serious. Its some others who cant seem to keep cool about it.

As with any debate, they will be two sides or even more. both will state their piece. then both will go back in forth with arguments to validate their claim. All this is is a never ending debate. which is fine with me as long as people can act civil with a level of maturity that doesn't cross the line of normal debating. that's all there is to it. nothing more, nothing less. people don't have to be yes men, but they cant think that if they come with some opposing statement or argument that one wont be directed right back at them. Come on now. This debate hasn't reached a point to where one side has nothing more to say and accept the loss. If that time comes and its very obvious, then what can i say. Until then, the debate rages on. I would love to change the title to a more debatable topic of what chips you think are better and have facts or info to back up the claim(not sales figures Barry..lol). But the way people get heated lately, its a long shot.
    I just noticed what's underneath my avatar now...

Congratulations! You've helped quite a few people so well deserved. To those joining the party late, demandarin and I enjoy the debate. As forums go, I consider him a friend. Don't let our equal (and usually opposite) enthusiasm make you think we're flaming or disrespecting each other. He even made a guest appearance in the One X forum. ;)