[Q] Need some advice on getting or not this K900! Please n.n

Search This thread

Sw33t_Lov3r

Dec 8, 2012
Lima
Hi everyone!!

To anyone that owns the K900; can you, please, encourage or discourage me about getting it? What do you guys say? I love its design and size, and I like it's Intel's chip in it. I've had a Razr i and was great!

I've followed this forum months ago, but have missed most news about this device. Can you tell me if this device will get any update like 4.3 or 4.4? Any good changes in the last months with software updates? I've heard it heated a lot at first. :/

I'm most interested in using it like if it was the Xperia Z Ultra ha; media and games! Will it do fine? What about battery life?
Is it easy to root?

Anything you could tell me about how this device is doing nowadays could help me!

Thank you in advance!

- Leonardo

trungduc5151

Aug 6, 2011
Hi everyone!!

To anyone that owns the K900; can you, please, encourage or discourage me about getting it? What do you guys say? I love its design and size, and I like it's Intel's chip in it. I've had a Razr i and was great!

I've followed this forum months ago, but have missed most news about this device. Can you tell me if this device will get any update like 4.3 or 4.4? Any good changes in the last months with software updates? I've heard it heated a lot at first. :/

I'm most interested in using it like if it was the Xperia Z Ultra ha; media and games! Will it do fine? What about battery life?
Is it easy to root?

Anything you could tell me about how this device is doing nowadays could help me!

Thank you in advance!

- Leonardo

- I'm using K900 and i would like to say: buy Samsung S4 or Note 3 or Nokia 1520, it's much better :)
- 4.3 will be updated this month; no confirmation for 4.4 (seem like we don't get this for k900)
- Battery life: it's ok, not so good but can last for more than one day with low using
- There's no root method at this moment;but the custom rom already included but you have to wait a little longer (maybe a week after new Rom announce)

armatige

Nov 17, 2013
I was a previous S3 user with "The Galaxy Project" ROM.

I love this phone. For me the battery life is great lasting over a day. Lenovo's battery power management tool works well.
You quickly become use to the size and work out how to navigate around it. The Lenovo Theme is great.

Cons.
- Occasionaly I get a slight screen flicker on the sides of the phone. Simply turning the screen on and off rids this.
- The phones speaker is very low compared to other phones I have used in the past.

Yes I would recomend one.

rshahzad17

Mar 17, 2013
Vilnius
Hi everyone!!

Is it easy to root?

Thank you in advance!

- Leonardo

Well I got this phone a week ago, and so far Im loving it, I hv had iPhone and HTC Onex+ but this one is making a real difference, performance compared to batter life is great.
Do hv a small issue with screen brightness as it keeps varying by itself though Auto Brightness is turned off specially on dark colors, also screen kinda brighten up/flickers while putting in PIN code on lock screen, that could be a Setting or software issue but thats not major issue and that could be only me having it and I will check with my warranty if it gets worse.

Overall I would advice it to every friend around me to hv it over Samsung, Sony and HTC.

X0LARIUM

Jan 30, 2013
Mumbai
techtroniq.wordpress.com
Well I got this phone a week ago, and so far Im loving it, I hv had iPhone and HTC Onex+ but this one is making a real difference, performance compared to batter life is great.
Do hv a small issue with screen brightness as it keeps varying by itself though Auto Brightness is turned off specially on dark colors, also screen kinda brighten up/flickers while putting in PIN code on lock screen, that could be a Setting or software issue but thats not major issue and that could be only me having it and I will check with my warranty if it gets worse.

Overall I would advice it to every friend around me to hv it over Samsung, Sony and HTC.

I know what you are saying...Especially the last page of the app drawer and the notification pull down screen.

I had the issue/behavior and for a second thought I have a faulty piece..but turns out, the ROM is configured in a way that the brightness flickers. It is perfectly normal and goes away with a new launcher/ROM.

Dont worry and you have made a good choice..I am super proud of the K900...

rshahzad17

Mar 17, 2013
Vilnius
I know what you are saying...Especially the last page of the app drawer and the notification pull down screen.

I had the issue/behavior and for a second thought I have a faulty piece..but turns out, the ROM is configured in a way that the brightness flickers. It is perfectly normal and goes away with a new launcher/ROM.

Thanks man for the reply, yes I thought so that its some settings stuff. For lock screen brightness issue I used KitKat locker from Play store and I had no issue, also disabling the Auto brightness helps.
For ROM I will try Vibe V7 here on xda.

And yes Im proud to hv K900 too ;)

Reactions: X0LARIUM

Sw33t_Lov3r

Dec 8, 2012
Lima
Does this K900 last at least 18 months?

Thank you for all your valuable answers!

The question now is: Does this K900 last at least 18 months without problems?

I have read too many comments at GSMarena that this device starts to give problems in less than 6 months...

Please, tell me if it lasts and if it's a good buy, I know it's powerful enough, and it's so pretty in design.

Thank you so much!

- Leonardo.

rshahzad17

Mar 17, 2013
Vilnius

I have read too many comments at GSMarena that this device starts to give problems in less than 6 months...

Please, tell me if it lasts and if it's a good buy, I know it's powerful enough, and it's so pretty in design.

Thank you so much!

- Leonardo.

I used it for a year and sold it because of disappointing software, there are no updates available for it after 4.2.2, but I didn't have any issues regarding hardware, battery etc. It's a pretty device, feels good in band, screen and performance is great, but software side no Android updates and not much of development, if you aren't concerned about software side than its not a bad device else you can get a lot of better options in lenovo other than this k900.

wegoorz

Mar 16, 2015

Thank you so much!

- Leonardo.

I have two K900's - one's mine and second one is my girlfriends. I crashed lcd screen (my fault, I dropped it) and replaced it with the new one. The second phone got usb problem - I had to buy usb port from china and replace it. The cost was around 8$ so it was nothing. Now everything is working fine. We have our phones for more than 1 year and we're still content.

I suggest to install custom ROM with Android 4.3 - it's way better witout Lenovo Launcher. Clean android works faster, it has longer battery life and more free RAM space.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks man for the reply, yes I thought so that its some settings stuff. For lock screen brightness issue I used KitKat locker from Play store and I had no issue, also disabling the Auto brightness helps.
    For ROM I will try Vibe V7 here on xda.

And yes Im proud to hv K900 too ;)