NEWBIE @ LG G2 : starting... from what rom...

Search This thread

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Hi all,

as u perhaps already know, after almost 3 years with my beloved LG 2X, I bought the LG G2 D802 32 GB last week :)

Now... I've installed the LG Drivers onto my Win 8.1... I've rooted the phone and installed TWRP recovery.

It's time to flash my first custom rom on the new little monster :p

But what rom ? I've seen that some roms are sized 1 GB :confused: while others... 200 MB ( as almost all roms of my other android' based devices ). Obvioulsy I've looking for a 4.4.2 rom. From what rom it's better to begin ? Actually, what's most stable 4.4.2 rom ?

Thx in advance :)

waleedshiekh

Jan 31, 2013
Lahore
Hi all,

as u perhaps already know, after almost 3 years with my beloved LG 2X, I bought the LG G2 D802 32 GB last week :)

Now... I've installed the LG Drivers onto my Win 8.1... I've rooted the phone and installed TWRP recovery.

But what rom ? I've seen that some roms are sized 1 GB :confused: while others... 200 MB ( as almost all roms of my other android' based devices ). Obvioulsy I've looking for a 4.4.2 rom. From what rom it's better to begin ? Actually, what's most stable 4.4.2 rom ?

It depends upon your choice either Stock or AOSP based.

Start with PA4.1 or CyanoGenMOD 11.

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
It depends upon your choice either Stock or AOSP based.

Start with PA4.1 or CyanoGenMOD 11.

As I can remember, for example, for my 2X... I held the stock original rom for first 4 days :D Then only cyanogen, paranoid, pacman, kang etc etc rom, I think all cyano's based ;) I've always thought the cyanogen with reduced sizes rather than stock may be slim, lite and fastest than stock... :p My opinion, my hope.

PS If I use hot reboot or a similar app to reboot into recovery, no problem. TWRP starts, I'm able to backup the system, etc. If I use the vol - & power on button, no way to enter into TWRP :rolleyes:

Last edited:

waleedshiekh

Jan 31, 2013
Lahore
As I can remember, for example, for my 2X... I held the stock original rom for first 4 days :D Then only cyanogen, paranoid, pacman, kang etc etc rom, I think all cyano's based ;)

PS If I use hot reboot or a similar app to reboot into recovery, no problem. TWRP starts, I'm able to backup the system, etc. If I use the vol - & power on button, no way to enter into TWRP :rolleyes:

1. Power off the phone.
2. Hold Vol Down + Power button
3. When LG logo flashes leave power button and hold it again (Don't leave volume down button)
4. You will reach to Hard Reset menu press power button twice
5. Instead of hard resetting you will be moved to TWRP/CWM.

Reactions: PYCON

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
1. Power off the phone.
3. When LG logo flashes leave power button and hold it again (Don't leave volume down button)

I'll try... :fingers-crossed:

ivanferdino

Dec 17, 2012
Jakarta
Hi all,

PA 4.1
Nameless rom
cyanogenmod 11
slimkat (but i had an overheating issue)

Kickoff

Jun 1, 2007
Budapest
First, you have to decide between AOSP exeprience or LG Android experience. I tried several AOSP ROM-s cuz KK but went always back to the modified stock ROM's. Why?

a) QuickWindow.
b) There are some LG Apps I like (QuickRemote, SplitView tec)
c) I use my G2 with my corporate exchange mail account and have never used a better email application than the LGEmail before. I can set out of office replies from the application.
d) Not a big deal but I really like the weather animation on my lockscreen.
e) I cannot live without the horizontal quick settings and became frustrated on the classical quick settings on any AOSP ROM (even if there are some 3rd party solutions).

My personal recommendation: do not play with 4.4.2 (LG) ROM-s, try CloudyFlex 1.4 - very nice and stable. As long as there is no official update from LG for open phones and no custom recovery on KK and no Xposed 2.5 I won't switch to 4.4.2.

However, everything is matter of personal taste. Try and decide yourself.

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
PA 4.1
Nameless rom
cyanogenmod 11
slimkat (but i had an overheating issue)

I'm not able to find Paranoid Android for G2... it exists ??? :p :p :p Where ???

First, you have to decide between AOSP exeprience or LG Android experience. I tried several AOSP ROM-s cuz KK but went always back to the modified stock ROM's. Why?

Let me reply :

a) QuickWindow : the possibility of reduce the size of an app, like in windows OS ? Not so usefull, for my usage... :rolleyes:
b) There are some LG Apps I like (QuickRemote, SplitView tec) : quick remote is wonderful, I've found the porting of this app for any kind of roms... I've to test it.
c) I use my G2 with my corporate exchange mail account and have never used a better email application than the LGEmail before. I can set out of office replies from the application : I use aqua mail :p
d) Not a big deal but I really like the weather animation on my lockscreen : not so usefull, for my usage... :rolleyes:
e) I cannot live without the horizontal quick settings and became frustrated on the classical quick settings on any AOSP ROM (even if there are some 3rd party solutions) : ya, it's true, really nice :)

Thx u man

PS I've read that with stock kitkat, there's no way to make usable CWM / TWRP recovery... :-o It's true ?!

Last edited:

ivanferdino

Dec 17, 2012
Jakarta
Hi all,

I'm not able to find Paranoid Android for G2... it exists ??? :p :p :p Where ???

Let me reply :

a) QuickWindow : the possibility of reduce the size of an app, like in windows OS ? Not so usefull, for my usage... :rolleyes:
b) There are some LG Apps I like (QuickRemote, SplitView tec) : quick remote is wonderful, I've found the porting of this app for any kind of roms... I've to test it.
c) I use my G2 with my corporate exchange mail account and have never used a better email application than the LGEmail before. I can set out of office replies from the application : I use aqua mail :p
d) Not a big deal but I really like the weather animation on my lockscreen : not so usefull, for my usage... :rolleyes:
e) I cannot live without the horizontal quick settings and became frustrated on the classical quick settings on any AOSP ROM (even if there are some 3rd party solutions) : ya, it's true, really nice :)

Thx u man

PS I've read that with stock kitkat, there's no way to make usable CWM / TWRP recovery... :-o It's true ?!

PA LINK:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502789

with stock KK you will lose custom recovery

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Before to attempt to flash my first rom ( PA ), I've read some topics about to recover a bricked phone...

Not very nice to read 32 GB that become 16 GB :rolleyes:

There's a guide / help / how to, in order to avoid ANY problem ? Or a guide to recover the phone with correct rom version ( I've a G2 D802 32 GB Italian ) ? :confused:

AzaG2

Jan 1, 2014
Nanango
Before to attempt to flash my first rom ( PA ), I've read some topics about to recover a bricked phone...

Not very nice to read 32 GB that become 16 GB :rolleyes:

There's a guide / help / how to, in order to avoid ANY problem ? Or a guide to recover the phone with correct rom version ( I've a G2 D802 32 GB Italian ) ? :confused:

I've ran into these issues whilst not paying attention to what I was doing but have recovered from them all, so its pretty safe, if you want to run stock KitKat there will be custom recovery very soon probably in the next few days as well as fixes for the bugs in aosp as KitKat kernel source has been released, I'm currently running Dirty Unicorn and love it ;)

Sent from my g2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Solved all, without problems. Tried paranoid, droid, liquidsmooth and other 4.4.2 roms without a problem :)

Miracle phone :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I can remember, for example, for my 2X... I held the stock original rom for first 4 days :D Then only cyanogen, paranoid, pacman, kang etc etc rom, I think all cyano's based ;)

1. Power off the phone.

a) QuickWindow.
    b) There are some LG Apps I like (QuickRemote, SplitView tec)
    c) I use my G2 with my corporate exchange mail account and have never used a better email application than the LGEmail before. I can set out of office replies from the application.
    d) Not a big deal but I really like the weather animation on my lockscreen.
    e) I cannot live without the horizontal quick settings and became frustrated on the classical quick settings on any AOSP ROM (even if there are some 3rd party solutions).

My personal recommendation: do not play with 4.4.2 (LG) ROM-s, try CloudyFlex 1.4 - very nice and stable. As long as there is no official update from LG for open phones and no custom recovery on KK and no Xposed 2.5 I won't switch to 4.4.2.

However, everything is matter of personal taste. Try and decide yourself.
    Hi all,

Let me reply :

Thx u man

PA LINK:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502789

with stock KK you will lose custom recovery