Feb 20, 2014
IT'S OFFICIAL

SAMSUNG GODDAMN DID IT

2 NOTES THIS YEAR, THE NORMAL NOTE 4

AND THE

GALAXY NOTE EDGE

*end rant*

Had to do it in caps. :D

TouchWiz devs, I wish you happy modding with two more sides of a screen. :D :D :D

kenny1991

Feb 5, 2012
Omg
All totally disappointing. If you own note 3 compare to what you pay for so little.
Edge was ugly as hell. And what it is useful for? Another gimmick that dies soon.

sirobelec

Feb 20, 2014
Omg
All totally disappointing. If you own note 3 compare to what you pay for so little.
Edge was ugly as hell. And what it is useful for? Another gimmick that dies soon.

All true, it will be some time before I change my Nope 3 and it won't be for a Nope 4.

Gonna wait for the Nope 5, or the first graphene smartphone.

Omg

It's not about usefulness. Samsung incorporated it as the very first company, meaning everyone after this will not be able to claim 'innovation'.

Nobody thought 5.5" on a Note 1 would be useful, either. Nor when the first smartphone came out, for that matter. And look where we are today.

No, this little edge may not have much use. (On that I agree)

However, this is just the first step. Someone had to be the first, and now it opens the door for other designs, with dual-side screens and full-wrist smart watches a future possibility. Now that, I can see being.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sirobelec

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
What bothers me is the two step forward, one step backwards approach. They claim no one used USB 3 so back to USB2, how about fixing stupid USB3 so it's autodetecting, not obscure cumbersome manual menu switch that expires as implemented on Note3? Especially now that more computers actually have USB3. And how come GS5 is waterproof and Note 4 not, is Note 4 not expensive enough to be worth protecting from accidental water damage? If the edge screen is properly implemented it could become standard in the future, but I keep on thinking how do you pick up and hold the phone without accidently activating any of the menus there.
Well, time will tell, I'll check it in the store when available but doubt I will be getting it.

Armazia

Nov 23, 2008
What bothers me is the two step forward, one step backwards approach. They claim no one used USB 3 so back to USB2, how about fixing stupid USB3 so it's autodetecting, not obscure cumbersome manual menu switch that expires as implemented on Note3? Especially now that more computers actually have USB3. And how come GS5 is waterproof and Note 4 not, is Note 4 not expensive enough to be worth protecting from accidental water damage? If the edge screen is properly implemented it could become standard in the future, but I keep on thinking how do you pick up and hold the phone without accidently activating any of the menus there.
Well, time will tell, I'll check it in the store when available but doubt I will be getting it.

Still don't see why people want their phones waterproof that badly;

The costs are just alot higher, cause the design needs to be smart enough for it.

To test the ip standards seems to be expensive two..

For me;

I am not planning to swim with my phone, The phone is to big to drop into the toilet, I don't need a stupid thing to close down my micro usb port.
Therefor, My Note 3 has been wet from the rain already like 3-4 times. No problem(So did my gear which hadn't have any problems as well).

Okay, if you can have it; a waterproof phone is awesome, but it just ruins the design.

If you are using such expensive phone, be carefull with it. I never have had a phone with a broken display.. Let me say it better; I never had a phone with scratches that came within my usage. Not even the chrome stripe that comes around the note 3 is damaged.. Just use the proper case and tempered glass..

If you are in need of a phone that needs to be dustproof, waterproof, shockproof; This is not the device you are searching for..

To tell you another story;

I have just bought a One M8 because the build quality is superb, I absolutely love the metal.. Now the story continues and I am using that stupid case that got with it, and it gives protection.. but the build is gone.. I can't go without the case, but I also can't go with something around my phone that ruins that beautiful build. Thats why I have decided to sell my one m8 again(lol). I am just way too carefull with the things I appreciate.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Waterproofing doesn't ruin the design, it should be invisible on the outside, (how Sony Z series or GS5 design is ruined by waterproofing?) which is kind of moot point for you (and me) anyhow since you're using case.
If your phone was wet 3-4 times already (especially that you claim to be so careful with it), you're just lucky, my friends Note 3 stopped working first time he got caught in heavy rain. After 5 days of drying it, it seems to work again but just luck something didn't got burn and he was without a phone for 5 days, since at the beginning it wouldn't even boot. USB port doesn't have to have cover, it could be sealed inside with contacts exposed.
I guess everybody has it's own vision of what his/her perfect phone should be, I'm missing waterproofing the most, as the Note3 meets all my other expectations. I bet your change your mind about waterproofing the first time your expensive phone gets water damage.
We even had a guy on this forums dropping his 2 weeks old Note3 into Jet A fuel tank so things happen when you least expect it.
Don't misunderstand me, Note4 is very nice phone, but would I really see much difference between CPU running 2.3GHz and 2.7 GHz or higher screen resolution? GPU needs to be faster just to keep up with larger number of pixels on screen. Waterproofing would give me piece of mind every time I take my kids to waterpark, beach or just get stuck outside in bad weather.
If it wasn't for S-pen I would look for new phone elsewhere, but there is really no alternative if you want s-pen.

The costs are just alot higher, cause the design needs to be smart enough for it.

For me;

I am not planning to swim with my phone, The phone is to big to drop into the toilet, I don't need a stupid thing to close down my micro usb port.
Therefor, My Note 3 has been wet from the rain already like 3-4 times. No problem(So did my gear which hadn't have any problems as well).

Okay, if you can have it; a waterproof phone is awesome, but it just ruins the design.

If you are using such expensive phone, be carefull with it. I never have had a phone with a broken display.. Let me say it better; I never had a phone with scratches that came within my usage. Not even the chrome stripe that comes around the note 3 is damaged.. Just use the proper case and tempered glass..

If you are in need of a phone that needs to be dustproof, waterproof, shockproof; This is not the device you are searching for..

I have just bought a One M8 because the build quality is superb, I absolutely love the metal.. Now the story continues and I am using that stupid case that got with it, and it gives protection.. but the build is gone.. I can't go without the case, but I also can't go with something around my phone that ruins that beautiful build. Thats why I have decided to sell my one m8 again(lol). I am just way too carefull with the things I appreciate.

Reactions: htc9420

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For me;

Omg

It's not about usefulness. Samsung incorporated it as the very first company, meaning everyone after this will not be able to claim 'innovation'.

Nobody thought 5.5" on a Note 1 would be useful, either. Nor when the first smartphone came out, for that matter. And look where we are today.

No, this little edge may not have much use. (On that I agree)

However, this is just the first step. Someone had to be the first, and now it opens the door for other designs, with dual-side screens and full-wrist smart watches a future possibility. Now that, I can see being.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    Waterproofing doesn't ruin the design, it should be invisible on the outside, (how Sony Z series or GS5 design is ruined by waterproofing?) which is kind of moot point for you (and me) anyhow since you're using case.
    If your phone was wet 3-4 times already (especially that you claim to be so careful with it), you're just lucky, my friends Note 3 stopped working first time he got caught in heavy rain. After 5 days of drying it, it seems to work again but just luck something didn't got burn and he was without a phone for 5 days, since at the beginning it wouldn't even boot. USB port doesn't have to have cover, it could be sealed inside with contacts exposed.
    I guess everybody has it's own vision of what his/her perfect phone should be, I'm missing waterproofing the most, as the Note3 meets all my other expectations. I bet your change your mind about waterproofing the first time your expensive phone gets water damage.
    We even had a guy on this forums dropping his 2 weeks old Note3 into Jet A fuel tank so things happen when you least expect it.
    Don't misunderstand me, Note4 is very nice phone, but would I really see much difference between CPU running 2.3GHz and 2.7 GHz or higher screen resolution? GPU needs to be faster just to keep up with larger number of pixels on screen. Waterproofing would give me piece of mind every time I take my kids to waterpark, beach or just get stuck outside in bad weather.
    If it wasn't for S-pen I would look for new phone elsewhere, but there is really no alternative if you want s-pen.

For me;