[Help] How to switch from Philz Recovery to Chenglu's CWM

Search This thread

breaker12

May 27, 2012
I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from Korea (SK Telecom).
Please help me on how to change my recovery as I can't use Philz to root my phone, I tried to install zip of SuperSU but doesn't get installed so I want to try it with Chenglu's CWM. Please give me the steps on how to change my recovery. Thanks! :)

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I have a Galaxy S4 i9506 model SHV E300S from Korea (SK Telecom).
Please help me on how to change my recovery as I can't use Philz to root my phone, I tried to install zip of SuperSU but doesn't get installed so I want to try it with Chenglu's CWM. Please give me the steps on how to change my recovery. Thanks! :)
Take a look this GUIDE

breaker12

May 27, 2012
Follow this GUIDE , second post has chenglu cwm tar :cowboy:

Thanks sir, but do I have to wipe anything or uninstall Philz recovery? Or shall I just go to download mode again, flash CWM by Chenglu and it will automatically replace Philz recovery? Won't there be any problems in recovery or booting after that if I have two recoveries installed? Or Philz recovery should have been removed automatically as I install Chenglu's CWM? Thanks!

11calcal

Mar 28, 2010
Liverpool
Thanks sir, but do I have to wipe anything or uninstall Philz recovery? Or shall I just go to download mode again, flash CWM by Chenglu and it will automatically replace Philz recovery? Won't there be any problems in recovery or booting after that if I have two recoveries installed? Or Philz recovery should have been removed automatically as I install Chenglu's CWM? Thanks!

Just go into download & flash tar file :D it'll automatically replace philz recovery & you will just have chenglu on phone as recovery? :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

You could also try looking at THIS ?

Reactions: breaker12

breaker12

May 27, 2012
Just go into download & flash tar file :D it'll automatically replace philz recovery & you will just have chenglu on phone as recovery? :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

You could also try looking at THIS ?

Is that a question or an answer, sir? Cause you have this "?" in the end. hehe. Thank you very much for the help! :D

cas911

May 9, 2013
iloilo

Hi man.. I've been searching the same question. did you successfully change your recovery from philz to chenglu's? I am planning to change mine from my note 3 n9005...:)

Top Liked Posts