[SUGGESTIONS] On getting an AT&T Note 3

Search This thread

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
Hi guys, I'm going to buy an AT&T Note 3 from a friend of a friend, for about $400, the phone is brand new (a spare one) and I'm afraid after the transaction is done he might claim it as lost for insurance and get a blacklisted paperweight. Although he agreed to walk in with me in a official AT&T store and transfer it from his account to mine and possibly scan/assign the IMEI to my account and also get a new sim i the process. Do you guys consider this safe enough, or should I take extra steps or precautions, any suggestions greatly appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
Hi guys, I'm going to buy an AT&T Note 3 from a friend of a friend, for about $400, the phone is brand new (a spare one) and I'm afraid after the transaction is done he might claim it as lost for insurance and get a blacklisted paperweight. Although he agreed to walk in with me in a official AT&T store and transfer it from his account to mine and possibly scan/assign the IMEI to my account and also get a new sim i the process. Do you guys consider this safe enough, or should I take extra steps or precautions, any suggestions greatly appreciated

If he does report it as lost or stolen report him for insurance fraud. Most insurance companies offer rewards for convictions and you can just buy a brand new one. You will however loose a friend of a friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: slimslim

njschwartz

Mar 29, 2014
If he does report it as lost or stolen report him for insurance fraud. Most insurance companies offer rewards for convictions and you can just buy a brand new one. You will however loose a friend of a friend.

LOL~Good advice Intub8. :good: I like the name too. Do you do anesthesia?

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

yes this is good enough he cant report it stolen if the imei is transfered to your account. if he did the insurance company would contact att to have it blacklisted and they would report that he is not the owner of the phone

Reactions: slimslim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yes this is good enough he cant report it stolen if the imei is transfered to your account. if he did the insurance company would contact att to have it blacklisted and they would report that he is not the owner of the phone