z2 or m8

Search This thread

hidea

Oct 28, 2007
Hong Kong
OnePlus 12
The m8 screen, Sense UI is slightly better than the Z2. But UI is subjective, although I think the screen puts the m8 as a clear winner. Camera puts the Z2 leaps and bounds ahead of the m8, and dedicated camera button is extremely useful.

However, the m8 feels a more fluid and faster than the Z2, and always have been. Both phones I have are on the latest firmware.

The m8 feels better to hold due to the tapered edges.

However I much prefer the omnibalance design on the Z2.

I can't choose, so I ended up with both.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Thank you guys for helping me. Guess what? I got the z2 last night and I am really happy with it way better than my s5 glad I sold it. Now some case and screen protector shopping to do ?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Go tempered glass!! Nillkin tempered glass is great. Also, I really like Ringke Fusion, though it's lacking a cutout for magnetic charging port, so I still have to fiddle with flaps every time I need to charge my Z2.

sofia-captivate

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
Do you have the ebay link for the tempered glass? how do i know its real? and ringke do you mean the screen protector or the clear case? Thankls

The m8 screen, Sense UI is slightly better than the Z2. But UI is subjective, although I think the screen puts the m8 as a clear winner. Camera puts the Z2 leaps and bounds ahead of the m8, and dedicated camera button is extremely useful.

However, the m8 feels a more fluid and faster than the Z2, and always have been. Both phones I have are on the latest firmware.

The m8 feels better to hold due to the tapered edges.

However I much prefer the omnibalance design on the Z2.

I can't choose, so I ended up with both.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Go tempered glass!! Nillkin tempered glass is great. Also, I really like Ringke Fusion, though it's lacking a cutout for magnetic charging port, so I still have to fiddle with flaps every time I need to charge my Z2.

KyleSforza

Mar 9, 2013
Delhi
www.facebook.com
I thought about going back to my M8, turned it on and while that screen is supposed to be one of the better ones out it does not look as good as the Z2 does. I love how the Z2 screen looks. I think the sound quality issues might not be as bad as I thought so Im keeping it. Pictures Ive taken with the Z2 blow the doors off the M8. Only thing I dont care for the glossy back panel on the Z2, if I wanted a glossy iPhone I would have bought one of those.
Agreed, the M8 fails at color reproduction. What's red on Z2 is washed out orange on the M8 and what's green on the Z2 is a yucky color on the M8. The colors on M8 are really dull.

Reactions: Jiyeon90

KyleSforza

Mar 9, 2013
Delhi
www.facebook.com
That's exactly how it felt when I compared both side by side

Its actually simple, if you get a M8 first, you might be happy with it.

If you get a Z2 first, and buy M8 too just for the hype (like I did), you're going to find out that the difference is of night and day. :p

In short, a M8 user can move to Z2 and still live and love it, but a Z2 user simply can't downgrade to a M8 and live peacefully.

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
I've too come from the M8 and I have no regrets everything (apart from the speakers) for me is better on the z2

I am a massive galaxy note fan but think the z2 has swayed me to stay with Sony

Let's see :victory:

ajai_dev

Sep 14, 2012
I am in the boat to change my Z2 to something else before the Z3 comes and I cant get a good price for the Z2. I also have an HTC One M8 but that is my office phone where as Z2 is my home phone sadly the vibrator is just super weak and I cant feel it at work not only that the screen is a problem I have to keep it at max brightness everywhere since reading it under the sun is a problem. The M8 is better to read in the sun but its not great my N95 was 1000 times better under the sun.

Last edited:

toncij

Dec 18, 2010
I am in the boat to change my Z2 to something else before the Z3 comes and I cant get a good price for the Z2. I also have an HTC One M8 but that is my office phone where as Z2 is my home phone sadly the vibrator is just super weak and I cant feel it at work not only that the screen is a problem I have to keep it at max brightness everywhere since reading it under the sun is a problem. The M8 is better to read in the sun but its not great my N95 was 1000 times better under the sun.

Z3 is coming very late this year, I presume. August will be used to announce it, it won't come to be available on the market at least by December... Same happened with Z2 - most stores it took May to have them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @omersak I see from your signator, you use of Galaxy S5 + Xperia Z2 + One M8 .
    Which one of these phones have better daily use?
    My poins is:
    Best battery life
    Goooooood performance and smooth UI
    Goooooood camera quality

Best battery life: Z2 > M8 > GS5

Performance: M8 > Z2 > GS5

Camera: Z2 = GS5 (GS5 is better in daylight and Z2 better in indoors and low light) > M8

I first got a GS5 and I quite loved it for its camera, features and erognomics but it was horrible at maintaining a stable LTE signal at my office and that would drain the battery pronto. Other annoyances about it was the comparatively laggy and slow UI, especially coming from a nexus 5, and it's low-light blurry camera shots (these issues may or may not have been fixed via firmware upgrade). Had it for around 10 days.

I then got an M8 and really loved it for it's build quality, speakers and fast UI - faster than the nexus 5 even. It held the LTE signal well and had good battery life, lasting me a full day. Unfortunately it's camera was beyond awful and beyond my patience and was thus unacceptable for me. Also, like the M7 before it, the M8's UI was too sterile and boring for my tastes. Had it for around two weeks and got bored.

For me, the Z2 has been the best overall package of the three with that huge battery, potentially great camera and good performance. I've had it for 2 months now it has the best of both the GS5 and M8, along with the best battery of the bunch. The camera is capable of producing phenomenal results in any lighting conditions, the battery can easily last me two days and beyond, the UI is quick and pleasant to use, the screen is bigger and nicer than the other two (IMO) and I love the build quality and water-resistant features. The speakers also fall in between the M8 and GS5, and are good.

It's not as easy in the hand as the other two though, but if you can get to hold it for yourself and find it acceptable, this really is the best all-round phone in the market IMO.
    Guys basically i have to buy 1 of these device tomorrow cant really decide on which one to get. Here is whats important to me

Camera , instagram , battery life :) i dont do videos or anything and i heard there is some batch problems? i am buying the canadian bell version z2 which batch is usually good? or m8 Thanks

I guess the answer that you will get from everyone in this Z2 forum is getting Z2. If you ask the same question in HTC forum then they will suggest you getting M8. At the end of the day it's still your decision. Best way to find out is to go the the local shop of put your hand on the devices and feel it for yourself. Good luck with your purchase.
    If You want camera for more than just Instagram (which already ruins photos by itself), Z2 all the way. M8 camera isn't bad, but it is really sub par most of the time compared to their competitors.

But, remember, the good hardware/software is only part of a good photo. The photographer makes the most of it. ?

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
    I had the m8 and currently have the Z2. They're both great devices but, for what you want, the Z2 is quite a bit better.
    @omersak I see from your signator, you use of Galaxy S5 + Xperia Z2 + One M8 .
    Which one of these phones have better daily use?
    My poins is:
    Best battery life
    Goooooood performance and smooth UI
    Goooooood camera quality

Huawei Ascend Mate 2 <---- perfectly match your requirements.

I am using Z2 and thinking of buying HAM2 as a backup/tablet-phone.

Cheers,