[MK2 ★ FULL ODIN TAR FILES ★ MK2] ★ [UNBRICKED ★ Feb.06.2014]

Search This thread

dh4645

Aug 19, 2010
PA
Some of the wording/English is unclear on the OPs. What would I use to upgrade from 4.2.2 MF3 to the 4.4.2 or above so I can mirror my screen to my chromecast.

Reactions: sherv and kpirnie

dh4645

Aug 19, 2010
PA
Last edited:

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
do i have to unroot like that dude was saying? can i do all these updates with survival mode on supersu to keep root?
will my tethering get screwed up? or will i have to redo the workaround/replacing.apks to get it to work again.

also, are those links in ur post old? the last post in the thread saying it was closed & to go get the new stuff.

The update process patches files. It, expects files to be the original. Typically rooting alone will not cause update to fail but if you have modified/deleted files, that could cause the update to fail.

The process I have given is for updating to the latest without losing data. For each step, you just need the update file. Dont worry about the thread.

You do not have to worry about retaining root as the latest update, NC1, is rootable with towelroot.

If you dont ming losing data (about having to reinstall apps and redo settings), then you can directly odin flash the stock NB1 firmware and then OTA update to NC1.

Stock NB1 firmware and steps are available in All Thing AT&T thread.

Reactions: dh4645

dh4645

Aug 19, 2010
PA
The update process patches files. It, expects files to be the original. Typically rooting alone will not cause update to fail but if you have modified/deleted files, that could cause the update to fail.

The process I have given is for updating to the latest without losing data. For each step, you just need the update file. Dont worry about the thread.

You do not have to worry about retaining root as the latest update, NC1, is rootable with towelroot.

If you dont ming losing data (about having to reinstall apps and redo settings), then you can directly odin flash the stock NB1 firmware and then OTA update to NC1.

Stock NB1 firmware and steps are available in All Thing AT&T thread.

thanks
yeah i dont care about having to reinstall apps/redo settings. i might just go to NB1 as you suggested, then OTA to NC1 and see if I still have root, if not, use whatever that towelroot method is.
i think the only .apks i changed were to freeze some with titanium and then renaming/replaciing an .apk to get tethering to work.

edit: there are 2 versions of NB1, does it matter which one since it will just update to NC1 anyway?
edit: what version and where do i get odin? there is a link that takes me to the ODIN thread, but there are no download links to it.

Last edited:

sharpeyedman

Mar 27, 2011
I currently have MK2 stock rooted.

If I flash all in one via ODin then will it restore it back to original factory setting?

Which version am I supposed to flash?

Will it be able to receive future OTA afterwards?

parkerj7uc

Dec 27, 2011
Cincinnati

If I flash all in one via ODin then will it restore it back to original factory setting?

Follow post 3. I believe it will receive OTA

yzDCt0n.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

yzDCt0n.jpg

You will need all three of them. @ted77usa can he use the all in one from post 1

yzDCt0n.jpg

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City

yzDCt0n.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

You will need all three of them. @ted77usa can he use the all in one from post 1

yzDCt0n.jpg

@sharpeyedman @parkerj7uc
Yes u can use ALL IN ONE from OP or u can use all four files BL AP CP CSC and load it up into appropriated ODIN slot.

Last edited:

vabeach454

Jan 20, 2011
Virginia Beach
I flashed the 4 files in Odin and still get a fail. Anyone have a working file for the PDA slot only, the link isn't working for Mega. Thanks a lot, my friend soft bricked his phone and im trying to help him out.

Edit: I tried the "all in one" and still get a fail?!

Last edited:

lugeflu

Feb 4, 2009
I have an i9505 with the soft brick problem

I have an i9505 with the soft brick problem
i´ve connected to kies and it doesn´t work
i have a sammobile rom an it fail too in odin
this .tar files can fix my problem?

eldad_is

Jun 7, 2011
Tel-Aviv
bricked device need help

hi all thnx for thred...
my i337 is stuck on "firmware upgrade encountered an issue"
if someone can post the step by step method on how to get it back to life...
(i'm downloading at the moment the all in one mk2, and i have the drivers installed on my comp. also, installed odin)

many tnx in advanced.

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
hi all thnx for thred...
my i337 is stuck on "firmware upgrade encountered an issue"
if someone can post the step by step method on how to get it back to life...
(i'm downloading at the moment the all in one mk2, and i have the drivers installed on my comp. also, installed odin)

many tnx in advanced.
There is no reason to be stuck on MK2. You can upgrade.
More info http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2926642
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

Reactions: eldad_is

eldad_is

Jun 7, 2011
Tel-Aviv
Thanks for the reply, I've solved it some how... Flashed the bootloader and it went out from the upgrade screen into the at&t logo but didn't go into life yet than used pit file and low-somthing tar file in pda and it worked.... :)
Now I need to see how do I flash latest roms and so on.
It's all about trial and error
Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
Thanks for the reply, I've solved it some how... Flashed the bootloader and it went out from the upgrade screen into the at&t logo but didn't go into life yet than used pit file and low-somthing tar file in pda and it worked.... :)
Now I need to see how do I flash latest roms and so on.
It's all about trial and error
Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
You need to be on kitkat base (bootloader and kernel) to flash kitkat ROMs. That's why I mentioned that it's best to upgrade. The link has all the info you require.

Reactions: eldad_is

Assassin24

Jan 25, 2015
Hi

I`m trying to install Lollipop on GRand 2 .but i`m far from doing that :).And that`s cauze ,the boot was corrupted .I will try this method to fix that.Come back with a reply if it works for me :D

Doesnt work ...failed from start ...thank you anyway for files :)

Top Liked Posts