[ROM][Nightlies][03-02-2012]CyanogenMod 9 Nightlies Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI

Search This thread

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
new build up @ droidbasement. for those that had bootloop issues, please test.

please make sure you're kernel and bcmdhd time are close to 21:45, may 9 time.

upon boot, please validate like so:

adb shell uname -a (you can also check this in settings). <-- kernel time

adb shell

at the prompt type:
dmesg | grep bcmdhd <-- bcmdhd build/compile time.

any more incidents of bootloops?

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Booted fine for me and also found my wireless network immediately...yesterday's "nightly" would constantly say my network was "not in range".

After initial boot and then rebooting...back to "no internet connection" "network not in range" although I'm sitting right next to my router. :((

boot to recovery,
clear out /data/misc/wifi/*

boot in. connect manually to your ap. you should be ok after that.

geiswiz

Aug 18, 2011
any more incidents of bootloops?

I flashed your May 9th build about 4 hours ago and connected my Tab to the charger to let it charge. It was around 75% so it was only on the charger for about an hour and a half. When I unplugged it the screen wouldn't come on. I had to hold the power button to reboot it. I was having this issue on earlier CM9 builds too along with the issue of rebooting and getting stuck on the boot animation. I've already Odin'd back to stock 3.1 twice now to try to resolve these issues and my issue with connecting to 5ghz wifi - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1625169.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
I flashed your May 9th build about 4 hours ago and connected my Tab to the charger to let it charge. It was around 75% so it was only on the charger for about an hour and a half. When I unplugged it the screen wouldn't come on. I had to hold the power button to reboot it. I was having this issue on earlier CM9 builds too along with the issue of rebooting and getting stuck on the boot animation. I've already Odin'd back to stock 3.1 twice now to try to resolve these issues and my issue with connecting to 5ghz wifi - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1625169.

If u had a sod I need the log. There is nothing I can do without it.

Odin to 3.2, boot in, boot cwm, wipe and then flash 0509.

For n, select 5ghz in advanced (auto may not show; its a bug).

After u follow that process, and if u get a sod while charging, quickly long press power, boot to recovery, and pull /proc/last_kmsg . send that to me.

Do not oc.

Be weary of what u install.

After u do all that, then report back.

Last edited:

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
I don't understand what you mean....

Could you please explain how to: clear out / data / misc / wifi / *

adb root
adb reboot recovery

(the above is if you have root option enabled in developer options for adb) or reboot to recovery via power menu.

in recovery ->

adb shell mount /data
adb shell rm -r /data/misc/wifi/*
adb shell umount /data
adb reboot

connect manually to your ap (type in password again if its protected).

Alleycat68

Jan 21, 2009
Murfreesboro, TN
adb root
adb reboot recovery

(the above is if you have root option enabled in developer options for adb) or reboot to recovery via power menu.

in recovery ->

adb shell mount /data
adb shell rm -r /data/misc/wifi/*
adb shell umount /data
adb reboot

connect manually to your ap (type in password again if its protected).

I'm not familiar with what you are talking about...I thought you meant I would make the change from within recovery. I've never used adb

geiswiz

Aug 18, 2011
If u had a sod I need the log. There is nothing I can do without it.

Odin to 3.2, boot in, boot cwm, wipe and then flash 0509.

For n, select 5ghz in advanced (auto may not show; its a bug).

After u follow that process, and if u get a sod while charging, quickly long press power, boot to recovery, and pull /proc/last_kmsg . send that to me.

Do not oc.

Be weary of what u install.

After u do all that, then report back.

I'll see if I can grab a log if it happens again. As far as my 5ghz wifi issue, selecting 5ghz only in advanced doesn't help. I used to be able to connect to my 5ghz network fine on all ROMs, but it stopped working a couple months ago. It sees my network but when I click on it to connect it doesn't do anything. 2.4ghz works fine. I'm not sure what the problem is.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Play with your ap settings.

Try below 136 chan, 40mhz upper, mixed. Not sure of what options u have avail (I run dd-wrt).

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
U could also try purging wifi cache (above instructions) and see if that helps.

geiswiz

Aug 18, 2011
Play with your ap settings.

Try below 136 chan, 40mhz upper, mixed. Not sure of what options u have avail (I run dd-wrt).

I've tried changing every setting on my router (every channel, 20mhz and 40mhz channel width, no security, upgraded firmware, factory reset, etc.) The thing is it worked fine up until about 2 months ago and nothing changed on the router during that time. I thought it had something to do with CM9, but it doesn't work on any ROM now, even stock. The only thing I could find describing the same issue I'm having is this - http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=22474, which is for the galaxy nexus. Maybe it's a hardware issue, but it does see my network, it just doesn't do anything when I try to connect to it.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
If it occurs on the stock build, could be a hw issue if u are up to date on your router.

Check logcat/dmesg for possible clues.

MisterRio

Jan 26, 2010
Zaandstad
Will the officiel ICS release for Galaxy Tab help in building CM9 for Galaxy Tab 10.1? Are there similarities u can use?
i.e. getting the camera to work?

ganiman

Nov 19, 2010
Will the officiel ICS release for Galaxy Tab help in building CM9 for Galaxy Tab 10.1? Are there similarities u can use?
i.e. getting the camera to work?

No one is answering this because you can find the answer if you just search around the forum here. The word on the street is, once the official ICS is released for Galaxy Tab 10.1, a camera driver for CM9 won't be far behind.

MisterRio

Jan 26, 2010
Zaandstad
No one is answering this because you can find the answer if you just search around the forum here. The word on the street is, once the official ICS is released for Galaxy Tab 10.1, a camera driver for CM9 won't be far behind.

Am aware of that. My question in other words: is waiting for official ICS for 10.1 less necessary now that ICS for Note came out? Is there similar hardware or usable drivers of some sort?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    image11.png

Source: AndroidPolice

Download ROM::: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=p4wifi

Download Gapps:: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120304-signed.zip

Fix error when installing on CWM

1- man needs to install is the "updater-script" located in "META-INF \ com \ google \ android" and delete the first line of code! open the file using Notepad + +

---- assert (GetProp ("ro.product.device") == "p4wifi" | | GetProp ("ro.build.product") == "p4wifi"); ----

2- then save the file!

3- then return to the root folder of the entire room and compressed "ZIP" using winrar!

4- then copy to SD of the tablet and then install from CWM 5.0.2.7
    im nearing completion of p4wifi (cm9 stable rls project, hehe). this will have all working. will call upon a few of you to test when im almost there.

'should' have a test out maybe by end of wknd, beginning of next week.

the other tabs will follow once this is done.
    Nothing wrong with where this thread is. Any ROM thread belongs in the development forum as it would have obviously been developed outside of the normal scope of this piece of hardware. Topics within the normal, or general, scope of this piece of hardware belong in the general forum area. And whether or not the OP is an "official CM member" is completely beside the point and has nothing at all to do with it. Been plenty of other instances where members have started threads in this forum about ROMS for which they are not the developer.

there is a couple problems i have with this thread. its just a link to an already used forum to download from. it has no instructions for new guys (or others in general). no gapps link (everyone would appreciate it im sure). there is no support in this thread from the OP. I had to come and fix the download in order for the general public to be able to flash. in my own opinion, this thread shouldn't have even been started by the OP if no support can be given by him.
    ill just keep posting this so everyone knows where to get it i guess. thanks OP. :mad:

here is a flashable version of the NIGHTLY.

FLASH IN CWM!!!
    cooltext654154821.png

http://goo-inside.me/devs/task650/Galaxy_Tab_10.1/update-cm-9-20120302-SNAPSHOT-p4wifi-signed.zip