[Tips & Tricks] Battery Power Saving on Samsung Infuse

Search This thread

juvi77

Feb 21, 2012
Did you go back to touchwiz? Or some other launcher? I have tried about 12 launchers and tsf shell seems to have style, function, and is not too taxing on the battery...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Yup. Thats all I did at the moment since I have't had a lot of time to mess around with trying out other launchers. I was also told to try uninstalling Go Launcher and then reinstalling it from the market. Haven't tried that out yet but may give it a whirl this weekend. I would try tsf shell but I'm not looking to spend $16.00 on a launcher just yet.

kirbee213

Aug 28, 2009
Kingsland, GA
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Yup. Thats all I did at the moment since I have't had a lot of time to mess around with trying out other launchers. I was also told to try uninstalling Go Launcher and then reinstalling it from the market. Haven't tried that out yet but may give it a whirl this weekend. I would try tsf shell but I'm not looking to spend $16.00 on a launcher just yet.

I would say wait on the tsf for a few more versions when they release the customization options. Right now there are not many Widgets, and no resize. But after that, 16 bucks ain't bad when you think about it. How much did your last legit CD cost from the music store or iTunes? Or last month's Netflix bill... and none of them really helped your phone.

MaliciousIntent69

Jan 26, 2012
California
Following some of this guide and tweaking a few settings myself, I've been getting a good 2 to 2 1/2 days of battery time from fully charged to 1%. Running Zeus Build 6 with the ICS theme. Good stuff :)

p133

Mar 23, 2012
Handy information

Thanks for taking the time to do a write up on this. I already do most of these things but I do appreciate you taking the time to share your information/experience. Kudos!

eghoti1

Feb 5, 2007
NYC
I had an Infuse when it first came out, loved it but the battery life was killing me. I couldn't get through 6 hours with barely any use even with a custom kernel. I switched to the Note when that dropped. I now have another Infuse as my backup phone because I love the feel and design (squared corners) but still found battery life to suck. However, I did 2 specific things from this list and I noticed a HUGE difference, too bad this wasn't around at first. The two that helped me where to freeze all the AT&T bloatware (minus the hotspot locator I need) and use wifi when possible. My battery usage is now on par with my Note, maybe better which is amazing. Seems like AT&T bloatware is a big culprit with battery usage. 4G is a killer but we already knew that, just not to the extent the Infuse shows.

Last edited:

cacattack21

May 27, 2011
The one thing I have never had an issue with is the battery life on the Infuse and I leave wifi, gps, auto-sync and all the stuff you need to use a phone when you want to use your phone on. I get 20-30 hours all the time and use the phone all the time.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Reactions: xDa.Fun

Texcowboy

Jan 22, 2012
Tehachapi
The one thing I have never had an issue with is the battery life on the Infuse and I leave wifi, gps, auto-sync and all the stuff you need to use a phone when you want to use your phone on. I get 20-30 hours all the time and use the phone all the time.

How are you running everything all the time and pulling that much battery out of the infuse. It's almost impossible. WIFI on 24/7 is never idle same with GPS. They are always searching for a signal or connection there for draining your battery. Please explain in detail the steps you have taken to be able to run everything 24/7 and obtain that kind of battery life.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

:):)...plz explain...

Last edited:

xDa.Fun

Feb 1, 2012
Planet Earth
May be it is in the following file :D

top-secret.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Texcowboy

Texcowboy

Jan 22, 2012
Tehachapi
I guess when you call some folks to the carpet on something they claim. They can't produce, it's a good thing that I have never had that issue.

Word of advice to any one else that claims un real results, go post it in a thread that no one gives a freak about. Or just grow up and quit wasting our time.

Reactions: xDa.Fun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Increase-Battery-Life-Of-Android.png

Hello & Namaste _/|\_ to All,

I have tried to compile battery saving tips/tricks for Samsung infuse through Internet/forums. These settings have been taken from Samsung Infuse 4G running Gingerbread 2.3.6 UCLB3. I am sure all will find it somehow useful.

1. Use the Gingerbread based ROM/Kernel.

(Please update your phone firmware through Samsung Kies or flash through Odin etc. Gingerbread 2.3.5 and above have better battery performance). Also keep your phone apps up to date.

2. Check the phone what is using the largest percentage of battery power.

Settings> About phone> Battery use

3. Turn Off WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Screen Rotation, Mobile Data etc. (Turn them on only on requirement).

You can turn off Wi-Fi, Blue-tooth, GPS, Screen Rotation through the Notification bar. (If they have green color it means they are on) If you also want to block GSM signal then turn on Airplane mode (you will unable to make & receive voice calls/SMS in this mode).

To turn off Mobile Data
    Settings>Wireless and network>Mobile networks>Uncheck "Use packet data".

4. Turn off Vibration, extra sounds, animation and enable Power saving mode

Settings>Sound>Vibrate>Never
    Settings>Sound>Volume> Lower the volume of Incoming call, media, system and notification.
    Settings>Sound>Uncheck "Audible selection"
    Settings>Sound>Uncheck "Screen lock sounds"
    Settings>Sound>Uncheck "Haptic feedback"

Turn off Animation
    Settings>Display>Animation>No animation

Turn on Power saving mode
    Settings>Display>Check “Power saving mode”

5. Switch to 2G Signal

(2G signal consumes less battery compare to 3G)

Dial *#*#4636#*#* from the dial-pad of phone.

Phone Information> Scroll down and "Set preferred network type" choose "GSM only"

OR

Dial *#2263#
    You will get band selection menu

Press Menu Softkey>Select>Enter “3” (for GSM Band)

6. Set the Minimum Brightness Settings:Settings>Display>Brightness> Uncheck Automatic brightness and set it to minimum.

You can further lower the Screen brightness from 3rd party apps from Android Market without rooting.

7. Set the Minimum Screen Timeout setting.

Settings>Display>Screen timeout> Set it to minimum i.e. 15 seconds.

8. Turn Off Auto Sync:

Setting> Accounts and sync>Uncheck Background data and Auto-sync

9. Turn Off Data Backup

Setting>Privacy>Uncheck "Back up my data"

10. Don't use Live wallpapers.

Setting>Display>Wallpaper>Home screen wallpaper>Select the normal wallpaper through "Gallery" or "Wallpaper Gallery".

Or long press on the black area of homescreen and select Wallpapers from menu.

11. Remove the Widgets from home-screen. Use minimum no. of homescreens.

Long press the Widget and drag it on Remove icon in the bottom of screen.

Try to keep minimum no. of home-screens.

To delete unwanted home screen:
    Press Menu Softkey> Edit > Drag the unwanted homescreen on Remove icon in the bottom of screen.

Always put shorcut of frequently used apps on the home-screen.

12. Kill the un-necessary background apps/tasks.

Settings>Applications>Running services >Select and stop the unnecessary background apps.
    (Please avoid to stop system services if don't know about them).

You can also try stop them through 3rd party Task Manager/Task Killer from Android Market.

13. Use Black/dark color theme in Apps (if you got option in it).

14. Use Black background in home-screen.

AMOLED screens can reduce power usage by displaying black instead of white or other colors. You can also try Nightmode in "UC Browser" for web-browsing in phone. It will help to reduce battery draining during web-browsing.

You can try the attached black background for homescreen (Size 480x800, 2.5 KB only)

15. Try to use 3rd party apps like Juice Defender, Battery Defender etc. from the Android Market.

16. Avoid overloading your device with useless Apps/Games.

To uninstall the desired app

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Select the desired app>Press “Uninstall”

OR

Press Applications from homescreen >Press Menu Softkey >Edit>Select the app marked with red color “–“ sign (You can’t uninstall the app without “-“ mark)> Press ok to delete the app

Clear the call logs
    (It will lower the burden on the phone. Please don’t use it if you are running out of power and got unsaved communication detail in it)

Open Dialpad>Select “Logs”>Press Menu Softkey>Select “Delete”>Check “Select all”>Press the Delete >Confirm the action by pressing “Ok”

17. Don’t put your device in extremely cold and hot conditions (below 0° C and above 45° C).

18. If you have Rooted Phone.

- You can under-volt the CPU of your phone through concerned apps.
    - You can install customized battery friendly Gingerbread based ROMs or Kernels.
    - You can freeze/remove bundled bloatware.
    - You can disable adds displaying in free apps/games.

19. Avoid to use Camera, Video Recorder, Video Player, Music Player, Web surfing etc. under critical battery condition. Also don’t use speakerphone.

20. Use Good Quality Micro SD Card of minimum Class 4 and above.

Avoid to use Non branded low quality Micro SD Cards in your phone. Always use MicroSD cards of well known brands of minimum of Class 4. The higher the Class of Card, the better you performance get in Photo, Music, Video, Data Transfer etc. Now android supports Apps 2 SD (A2SD) feature. So did not mind to go even for Class 6 and above.

20. Use paid Apps

Free version of the apps often display advertisement which also consumes battery. So it is advisable to go for paid version of app. (If you have root access only then you can stop displaying advertisement in free apps.)

21. Power Charging Accessories

Always fully charge your device before going out. You can have USB charging cable with you. If you are going outside on trekking/picnic/hunting etc. always keep extra fully charged batteries with you. You can also have "Mobile Solar Charger" from ebay/amazon etc. This gadget have rechargable battery which can be charged through inbuilt Solar panel or through AC power. You can easily charge your device with it.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks for viewing.

Nits
    This is a great tutorial... don't listen to the smart ass comments, if they used have the stuff you have in here we devs would get the "my battery life sucks!" Posts all the time... and yes even if your not using GPS, the radio is still scanning for GPS, so your trial and error was not complete... just cause you don't see it, doesn't mean its not running, believe me it is... great job on this tutorial bro, keep up the good work!

Hey Brother finally added this to the ISET page, I apologize for the delay, you should PM our Mod, Sir YZ to have him clean up the thread get the smart-ass comments left by others...just a thought, and thanks for this info...

How are you running everything all the time and pulling that much battery out of the infuse. It's almost impossible. WIFI on 24/7 is never idle same with GPS. They are always searching for a signal or connection there for draining your battery. Please explain in detail the steps you have taken to be able to run everything 24/7 and obtain that kind of battery life.

wow great article