Finding s3 slow after jelly bean update :(

Search This thread

i.razvan

Jan 30, 2010
Bucharest
Maybe you guys have some apps which take too much ram .
After the jellybean update, my GSIII definitely got faster overall. The onlly place i got a lag is in the drawer at the widgets section. Lags a few seconds to load all the widgets and that`s about it.
I did a full wipe after the update and i`m stock , not rooted.

topnoch

Jun 11, 2010
Kaunas
Maybe you guys have some apps which take too much ram .
After the jellybean update, my GSIII definitely got faster overall. The onlly place i got a lag is in the drawer at the widgets section. Lags a few seconds to load all the widgets and that`s about it.
I did a full wipe after the update and i`m stock , not rooted.

Did you noticed any difference in battery life?

drvenki

Oct 31, 2012
London
Good news lads n lasses!!

Haha.. so, today I got a reply from Samsung Support and I have literally copy-pasted it here..

"Thank you for contacting Samsung.

I am sorry about the issue you are experiencing with your Samsung Galaxy S III handset since the JellyBean update and understand this can be frustrating.

We are currently developing a fix for this issue and we will be rolling it out via a firmware update in due course.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Online Support Team
SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre"

So that is some relief I should say. Eagerly waiting for that fix!! meanwhile to get temporary relief, it helps to clear up the ram every now and then before making calls or texts or zooming in on fotos to avoid the lag! :) works for me.. :cyclops:

filipficofix

Dec 6, 2012
In my opinion better buy iphone 5 its faster and better if i just waited one month i would definitly buy iphone.If you dont like laggy phones than better dont buy this phone or wait till the new updete and hope they will fix it.Im disapointed in you samsung :( !!

noobee1

Aug 15, 2011
Mumbai
www.upcomingtechnology.org
same problem but since stock

Haha.. so, today I got a reply from Samsung Support and I have literally copy-pasted it here..

I am sorry about the issue you are experiencing with your Samsung Galaxy S III handset since the JellyBean update and understand this can be frustrating.

We are currently developing a fix for this issue and we will be rolling it out via a firmware update in due course.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Online Support Team

So that is some relief I should say. Eagerly waiting for that fix!! meanwhile to get temporary relief, it helps to clear up the ram every now and then before making calls or texts or zooming in on fotos to avoid the lag! :) works for me.. :cyclops:

omg if that works it would help alot man. i got my s3 on 11th Nov and since then i am experiencing horrible ram usage.after few hours the ram crosses 750MB goes upto 800MB and phone slows down horribly also causing the apps in the memory to restart(finally after few hours the phone restarts and back to normal memory state for few hours then again the cycle begins). this problem was prevalent on stock ICS and also after the JB update. 4 online complaints and 2 visits to the service center, yet unsolved. the first visit to the service center their tech guy tells me "You are supposed to keep on clearing the RAM". even after explaining everything in detail. he gives me that crap. eventually after convincing him, he consults with others and says if the firmware isn't loaded properly that shyt tends to happen. but yet nothing is solved, even after second visit, when he again did the same thing, rolled back to stock firmware and gave it to me. :(

Jaxx89

Jul 24, 2012
Not the only one

I see I am not the only one facing this issue. Like one member mentioned, the RAM crosses 750MB in a few hours. Its the same for me.
And it is so slow that the messaging app keeps closing, the notification drop down takes time, the camera doesn't start up fast, the gallery loads as if I were using a phone from 2009.
Oh and this one is particularly just for my phone, the missed call icon is stuck showing (1)
Gunna take it to the service center and see if it fixes anything. But as I can see, there is no hope but to wait for a fix from Samsung.
BTW I do not wanna root and use a custom ROM

tnashc

Nov 19, 2012
Harare
I'm running 4.1.2 Stock XXELKC, my God this ROM is slow. Almost switched to MIUI but I'm not a big fan of these over customized ROMs. Anyone know a good 4.1.2 ROM that's close to the stock but performs well?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

hazzul

Jan 26, 2013
After I updated to stock international jelly bean update for s3 found it to be laggy and found that when I open up task manager the system seems to be using at least 500mb ram whether or not I have apps open :(

Does anyone know of any fixes or mods which could remedy this?

If you're experiencing any lag or slowness you should go with a custom ROM optimized for speed & stability like Android Revolution HD :)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1797334
Flash the 22.4 if you can root/modify your device, it's perfect for performance & battery life :)

ttm1st

Mar 23, 2012
same issue after updating to jelly bean ...slow on oading apps :(
if i flash back to ics will i have same performance as i used to ?
or do u prefer custom roms? like Omega Rom or somthing??

Tex Arcana

Aug 18, 2009
Similar issues: laggy UI, slow app swaps, especially in text messaging--sometimes, tapping in a message, the letter response is so slow that they don't even show up before the message is sent.

GS3, AT&T US, Rooted, JB 4.1.1, kernel 3.0.31-274808, build number JR003L.I747UCDLK3

I don't precisely know what bloatware I need to remove to help; and I'm still fairly new at this. So any help and advice will be most appreciated.

omer7

Similar issues: laggy UI, slow app swaps, especially in text messaging--sometimes, tapping in a message, the letter response is so slow that they don't even show up before the message is sent.

GS3, AT&T US, Rooted, JB 4.1.1, kernel 3.0.31-274808, build number JR003L.I747UCDLK3

I don't precisely know what bloatware I need to remove to help; and I'm still fairly new at this. So any help and advice will be most appreciated.

Yeah same problem here. I got this phone recently, so it had JB installed in it. Dont know what was the performance on ICS. I have intl version with 1gig RAM.

I thought it was due to low RAM, but u seem to have 2gig varaint? Still having lag issues?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news lads n lasses!!

Kind regards,

Online Support Team

After I updated to stock international jelly bean update for s3 found it to be laggy and found that when I open up task manager the system seems to be using at least 500mb ram whether or not I have apps open :(

Does anyone know of any fixes or mods which could remedy this?

Did you do a full wipe before you flashed stock JB?
    Are you on stock kernel?

Start with wipe of delvic cache to start, remove any bloatware that you do not want

Perhaps try a Rom or different kernel... personally on omega and it is very fast and smooth aswell as battery friendly

Sent from my Jelly Omega SIII using XDA App
    I have to say the same. After i update to Jelly Bean via OTA i have a lot of lags here and there.

The good:
    - Facebook is now faster (at least the scrolling)
    - Youtube open a little bit faster than ICS

The bad:
    - There is a little lag in the transitions when you press the home button (only when you have a some apps open)

The very bad:
    - battery last shorter than ICS, not a lot but noticeable worst battery life.
    - Photo gallery doesnt show full screen when in landscape
    - When you zoom in a photo has a lot of lag when move in the image
    - Gmail, when scrolling in a message the text needs a little to render, this doesnt happened with ICS.

I will try to do a hard reset, but if this will fail in improve performance i think i will move back to ICS

I totally agree on the cons and pros - and it seems that as the LED is messed up on my phone. I am on stock JB 4.1.1 not rooted. Another issues I just discovered is that my phone not say fully charged and it does not change the LED to Green. I did a hardreset before I updated, and I tried to hardreset again today. For the first hours the phone i running smooth.....then it start to be laggy and slow. I really hope there will be a update soon for solve this - or I will have to root my phone for re-install ICS.