[Q] Dead Battery?

Search This thread

RobertsAccount

Oct 30, 2010
Truro
I'm pretty sure my stock battery has died after just over a year of usage. However I just wanted to check with you guys whether it's actually flat or if my phone is faulty. The battery will last about a day with minimum usage, but if I turn on wifi or data it will literally die in a matter of minutes? This is the same with every rom and I wipe battery stats. So would buying a new battery solve the problem?

TheBlackWolf

Oct 13, 2011
On Earth!
I'm pretty sure my stock battery has died after just over a year of usage. However I just wanted to check with you guys whether it's actually flat or if my phone is faulty. The battery will last about a day with minimum usage, but if I turn on wifi or data it will literally die in a matter of minutes? This is the same with every rom and I wipe battery stats. So would buying a new battery solve the problem?

Is the shape of your battery regular??
If not, change your battery not rom.

Note:due to overcharging, shape of battery may change, happened with me.
Minimum usage would drain battery so fast to 0%.

itismeonline

Jul 17, 2012
Your battery has been heavily used. It's life is over. These are the symptoms of a nearly-dying battery. When you replace with a new battery your phone will function like normal again.

RobertsAccount

Oct 30, 2010
Truro
Your battery has been heavily used. It's life is over. These are the symptoms of a nearly-dying battery. When you replace with a new battery your phone will function like normal again.

Thank you! These are the words I wanted to hear haha XD Just ordered a new stock battery as after a lot of research, that seems like the best option.

TheBlackWolf

Oct 13, 2011
On Earth!
Shape means... Shape of my Battery transformed into irregular one... Was unable to close backcover... Like balloon instead of battery..

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

thecwele

Jan 27, 2012
U can test the phone if is he draining power too much whitout buying a new Sga battery. If you can find some battery like Nokia bl-5c(i use it sommetimes) or some battery similar pins (+//-) to fit it in and try it on.

Test old sga battery.
Try to charge your old Sga baterry in a univerzal charger,do not worry abouth overcharging beacuse it got to protect it.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity
Discharging whole charge in matter of minutes :confused: - no more tests please its 100% battery dead in all probability ;)
Replace it and don't overuse like you did with this one :D

leap before you think