Battery suddenly drops to 0%

Search This thread

Jiddeee

Apr 21, 2012
Arnhem
Hi,

Since about a week ago my nexus suddenly started to die at about 30-40%, it depends. I don't really care about the fact that my battery is empty, but the fact that it happens on 30% and I don't receive a notification at 14% is really annoying. Is there a fix for this?
I'm running Aicp with stock Aicp kernel.

EDIT: Since I stopped charging my battery percentage hasn't changed for about half an hour.
Edit 2: I rebooted and now it's 41%.. Really strange

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Jiddeee

Apr 21, 2012
Arnhem
It's getting worser now, it usually turns off when it's around 40% and around 50% I lose connection with mobile network and can't connect any more. I've tried different radio's but had no effect. I'd really like to know how to fix this. Or is the only solution to buy a new battery?

at4r1

May 6, 2011
Take the back off the phone and see if your battery is bulging. This sounds like a battery issue. I had similar symptoms on my last phone. I took the battery out and spun it like a top.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Jiddeee

Apr 21, 2012
Arnhem
Take the back off the phone and see if your battery is bulging. This sounds like a battery issue. I had similar symptoms on my last phone. I took the battery out and spun it like a top.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Yeah I had it with my old galaxy Y too, my battery became so fat the battery cover didn't fit any more. But that happened slightly, this came out of nothing.

Jiddeee

Apr 21, 2012
Arnhem
How did you noticed did glass craked or you removed it?, or you feel it under fingers?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Haha, I was with friends and suddenly I noticed that I was able to spin my phone, and together with the fact that the battery was acting strange I thought it must have been swollen. And yesterday I saw a little lump.

Top Liked Posts