s-view flip cover

Search This thread

Delphinus3

Jan 20, 2014
I just bought the polar pen.. its an awesome pen that built from strong magnets, and its also a stylus. but on my s4 i9500, the strong magnet triggers s-view cover like effect when im pointing the upper left corner of the screen. so if I want to draw and reaching that point, the screen shaping to s-view mode (black screen with clock at the top).

I know I can disable the auto unlock in the settings. but is there a way to completly disable the s-view support??? its extremly annoying :(

The Illest 619

Jun 25, 2011
San Diego
I just bought the polar pen.. its an awesome pen that built from strong magnets, and its also a stylus. but on my s4 i9500, the strong magnet triggers s-view cover like effect when im pointing the upper left corner of the screen. so if I want to draw and reaching that point, the screen shaping to s-view mode (black screen with clock at the top).

I know I can disable the auto unlock in the settings. but is there a way to completly disable the s-view support??? its extremly annoying :(

If your phone is rooted, you can browse to your system folder and delete the sviewcoverservice.apk (or something along those lines). Or use TiBu to find the process and disable/freeze it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Delphinus3

Jan 20, 2014
If your phone is rooted, you can browse to your system folder and delete the sviewcoverservice.apk (or something along those lines). Or use TiBu to find the process and disable/freeze it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

you mean titanium backup? can i use root uninstaller? cuz i already have it.
and if so, how do i navigate and find this process? and if i delete/freeze it, will it effect other things in the system? make it unstable?

Delphinus3

Jan 20, 2014
you mean titanium backup? can i use root uninstaller? cuz i already have it.
and if so, how do i navigate and find this process? and if i delete/freeze it, will it effect other things in the system? make it unstable?

update: i disabled the process, and its only turn the screen black, without the clock. i uninstalled it and same thing - black screen.
its still feeling the magnet and "lock" the screen :(