[KERNEL]NukedTrinity [3.0.101-ck1](DDK1.8@11/3 & 1.9@10/31

Search This thread

jhonnyx

Oct 14, 2009
Buenos Aires
hmmm.... to all users that won't get a boot, are you on maguro, toro or toroplus?
I'm on maguro. what about you? I can't get it to boot, maybe it's a device specific :(
Someday we'll get it booting :)

Reactions: redj12

pattyboi:)

Aug 5, 2013
charleroi PA
first: i know its been forever and i apologize,life got a lil wonky for awhile for me :p
seconded: im not promising this boots for everyone,i know it boots omni,vanir and fml for sure.
third: i just want everyone to know this kernel is very very " hacky" xD as in i kind chop sh*t up and throw it in and hope it works than try to fix all the issues that come from it (if any)
okay,on to what most of you want to hear (if anyone is still interested XD): new sh*t-
Dynamic LMK values. (screen on/screen off set dynamically)
Added the new ION allocation system from daniels repo (ported in from omapzoom)
Added the bug fix for bluetooth from Deehraj CRV to fix the chip always technically on consuming power
Fixed the IVA (image video accelerator) sticking at the highest enabled frequency until state changes (e.g. using the camera would allow it to finally ramp down,until then it would be stick at full speed consuming power)
Added a errata smitty found to fix some OWSR power leakage
Added boypes fix for DTIM skipping to the 3.10 wifi drivers (originally wasnt there,duh)
Completely disabled Duty Cycle Correction as our chip (4460) ((according to OmapZoom)) has a Hardware problem and should be used period
Updated the Omap DPLL controller code to our exact frequencies so it knows exactly how to set things
Updated sioplus from pkgnex
Removed arm CPU topology as it was broken in the first place
Switched back to the original fsync control
updated the twl6040 SOUND driver from dans repo/omapzoom
modified auto_hotplug to work better on a dual core device
updated f2fs from mainstream
pulled in some slight i2c bus updates from mainstream
added zram
basically,this update will have much better performance,and better battery life. enjoy.

eternal70

Feb 16, 2013
Blahblah
first: i know its been forever and i apologize,life got a lil wonky for awhile for me :p
seconded: im not promising this boots for everyone,i know it boots omni,vanir and fml for sure.
third: i just want everyone to know this kernel is very very " hacky" xD as in i kind chop sh*t up and throw it in and hope it works than try to fix all the issues that come from it (if any)
okay,on to what most of you want to hear (if anyone is still interested XD): new sh*t-
Dynamic LMK values. (screen on/screen off set dynamically)
Added the new ION allocation system from daniels repo (ported in from omapzoom)
Added the bug fix for bluetooth from Deehraj CRV to fix the chip always technically on consuming power
Fixed the IVA (image video accelerator) sticking at the highest enabled frequency until state changes (e.g. using the camera would allow it to finally ramp down,until then it would be stick at full speed consuming power)
Added a errata smitty found to fix some OWSR power leakage
Added boypes fix for DTIM skipping to the 3.10 wifi drivers (originally wasnt there,duh)
Completely disabled Duty Cycle Correction as our chip (4460) ((according to OmapZoom)) has a Hardware problem and should be used period
Updated the Omap DPLL controller code to our exact frequencies so it knows exactly how to set things
Updated sioplus from pkgnex
Removed arm CPU topology as it was broken in the first place
Switched back to the original fsync control
updated the twl6040 SOUND driver from dans repo/omapzoom
modified auto_hotplug to work better on a dual core device
updated f2fs from mainstream
pulled in some slight i2c bus updates from mainstream
added zram
basically,this update will have much better performance,and better battery life. enjoy.
Hmm at last. May i suggest you something ? While waiting i also make custom build of your kernel for every update you push to github. You can use SaberMod 4.9 toolchain because it give me more speed. And also please add your "rage" governor. It's CRAZY !

Just my suggestion [emoji6]
Thanks for the update though. Will test now !

Aug 5, 2013
charleroi PA
I'll check into a sabormod toolchain :) that's actually something I've wanted to try :3 & I'll look into rage,it needs work right now,but I think I can set something up soon :) thanks for the suggestions bro!

Reactions: eternal70

eternal70

Feb 16, 2013
Blahblah
I'll check into a sabormod toolchain :) that's actually something I've wanted to try :3 & I'll look into rage,it needs work right now,but I think I can set something up soon :) thanks for the suggestions bro!

Okay, have checked the kernel. Only one bug so far that has been present since the first version. The MTP is often not detected. The rest is all good !

eternal70

Feb 16, 2013
Blahblah
Ok, have been checked. Latest liquidsmooth unofficial took a very long time to boot. The charging led is on, but still showing the bootanimation. I will recheck it later

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys :) i brought something new iv'e been working on.​
    my personal kernel based off of chonix's (jhonnyx) updated trinity kernel​
    why should you use this compared to anything else?:
    1: For fun :)
    2: It has every overclock option i can pack into it,including:
    "core" overclocking from ezekeels live oc
    GPU oc from imoseyon
    IVA oc ported from dtrails razr kernel <-a first for gnex as i know
    CPU oc from morfic
    3: It includes its own hotplug driver:will tisdale's generic arm hotplugging driver which performs better than intelliplug in my testing
    4: it has actual hard coded voltages,smartreflex isnt even built in the kernel
    5: it has ziyan's (daniels) new ram timings which give even better memory bandwidth
    6: it has scu speculative line fills and full zero mode enabled for the processor <-NO DOUBLE LINEFILL
    7: it has the 3.10 wifi drivers courtesy of jhonnyx
    8: it uses TEUV voltages
    9: the con kalivas linux patchset that no other gnex kernel uses,courtesy of poondog
    10: the pvr governor ang gpu oc have been modifed to work with each other

other than that,its just one more modded to sh*t gnex kernel,but its mine and i want to share it as it gives me great battery and performance and its unique :)
    i listen to requests,if there is something you want,speak up and we will talk about it :good:
    btw,dont start any "this runs better than kernelx" bs here. thats disrespectful.
    if you have a problem,dont get angry,write a post and we will troubleshoot
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR DEVICE,YOU LOADED THE KERNEL.
    i will NOT enable the double linefill from mpokang,mwisbest clearly showed everyone it cause memory corruption.
    (clearly im not good with op's)
    and my thanks go out to everyone on xda as there are way too many people for me to credit,thank all of you very very very much for your hard work.

XDA:DevDB Information
    NukedTrinity, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    Kernel Special Features: Auto-hotplug,GPU governor+OC,Ram/bus oc,IVA OC,CPU OC,ck1 patchset

Version Information

Created 2014-08-22
    Last Updated 2014-11-02
    hi guys :)
    progress update:
    big thing first,im sure everyone heard about how @MWisBest did some great work fixing camera/HW decoding & encoding with the new gpu drivers,im picking up those new drivers as i type :)
    2: i enable Smartreflex for the gpu were it will really save a decent amount of power :) (especially with the ddk 1.9 update) ((& i added the sysfs entries from dtrail and imoseyon for modding the highs and lows of sr))
    3: i did switch to sabermod toolchain from clk3ner and it runs pretty damn smooth
    ok now the little things:
    1: i added ASRAM back :)
    2: i updated hotplug to work a little better for our chip ;)
    ill have a update when i get all the ddk sh*t setup :p
    alright guys,new build is up :p
    -updated powerdomain controller from the omapzoom kernel
    -updated ksm to upstream as of yesterday
    -updated f2fs to upstream as of yesterday
    -brought in some misc updated to the 3.10 wifi drivers
    -updated sioplus to boypes source
    -updated workqueue slightly
    -updated and switched to lzo kernel compression
    -added a soc thermal throttle switch from franco
    -added a couple other misc updates to various kernel parts
    oh and i updated to christopher83's latest cortex a9 toolchain :)
    enjoy!
    i didnt add any governors in for this release,i mostly focused on updating some things,next release ill add 2 or 3,but you guys gotta let me know which ones you want,just post your fav govs and ill pick a couple to add :)
    You do know that the DDK 1.9 drivers require significant ROM-side changes as well, right? Not trying to be smart here, just hoping that you're not wasting your time trying to get them to boot with just the kernel. You need Ziyan's or MWisBest's tuna kernel, device_samsung_tuna, and proprietary_vendor_samsung (Ziyan's device and vendor trees don't have camera working yet). A while back Ziyan had said that it would likely be possible to make a flashable zip with all the files needed for the new drivers, but AFAIK no one has attempted this yet.

i know lol,im in a g+ hangouts with all the devs,i know the rom changes commit to commit since aosp was linking them for so long xD im doing the ddk testing with the fml beta,i have mwisbest & ziyanns kernel forked and built with modifications,right now im trying to get my actual kernel over to just the gpu changes as all the new omap code is sorta a bit*h to work mods into,plus half the stuff i know for a fact works wont boot due to changes in the new kernel.
    sorry for the delay,i was supposed to have a build up yesterday for ddk 1.9 but things got a lil hectic,itll be posted sometime today :)