Unlock HTC HD2 from T-mobile

Search This thread
O

Optimus-Prime

i think the highest price i saw here is $38... all i got to say is HELL NO.

i got mine directly from T-mobile.

if you know someone who has a T-mobile account ask them to call T-mobiel and get the unlcok code for you. i did that with my aunts account. they jsut need a account to tie down the phone too. i got mine the very next day in my email.

webvan

May 20, 2008
Just got a used HD2 and I'm surprised there's no way to unlock it with the right tool, most smartphones can be unlocked, right?

Anyway I have a T-Mobile prepaid card so I'll try calling them tomorrow to see if I can get it unlocked for free, thanks for the tip.

Neet

Jun 2, 2009
If this is for T-Mobile USA:

simply search for "HTC HD2 T-Mobile unlock code" on ebay. I unlocked mine for US$8 i think. When ordering, you have an option to type in a message to the seller. Type in the Carrier name (e.g. Tmobile USA) and the IMEI number, which you can find on the phone settings software or behind the battery.

It's a very simple process and I received my code by email within a couple of hours following payment.

Ebay one's are great and work fast.....I got mine in 10 mins...:))))

webvan

May 20, 2008
I'm seeing two price ranges $6 and $20,the second one being for "recent" HD2s 357779039xxxxxx. Some $6 listings don't make the difference, anyone taken a gamble on a cheaper one with no restrictions?

obliter8

Jan 16, 2010
Just used www .unlock-now. com Was a little bit wary of entering my IMEI on a random website, but the order was completed, and valid code emailed in about 10 minutes.

£15 T-mobile UK btw

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
I went ahead and called their CS and told them I just wanted to unlock the phone for the sake of. I do have an account with TM. She went ahead and guessed that I wanted it for overseas travel and blah blah(most likely to cover herself since "conversation may be recorded for quality and training purposes). Right now I'm just waiting for the code. Hopefully I get it.

EDIT: Yup, it all worked out. I got my unlock code within 24 hours. Good stuff. If you're a Tmobile customer, don't hesitate to ask for the unlock code.

Last edited:

h0ng

May 16, 2011
I used htc-unlocker.org , very fast :) sure, maybe not the cheapest.. but it was very fast (11 minutes) :)

Nik Ahmad

Jan 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i think the highest price i saw here is $38... all i got to say is HELL NO.

i got mine directly from T-mobile.

if you know someone who has a T-mobile account ask them to call T-mobiel and get the unlcok code for you. i did that with my aunts account. they jsut need a account to tie down the phone too. i got mine the very next day in my email.

I am from Malaysia. Today i saw in ebay sim lock HTC HD2 at Low Pricehere. Any idea how to contact tmobile through email to get unlock code.

Last edited:

webvan

May 20, 2008
It's hassle. I called them from my T-Mobile cell line and while the rep took all the info they then sent me an email saying they needed an invoice showing had been bought at full price to go ahead with the unlock. I'll probably pay for an unlock on eBay later, right now I use it over WiFi.

Reactions: Nik Ahmad

prashanthm

Jul 12, 2010
Hyderabad
It's hassle. I called them from my T-Mobile cell line and while the rep took all the info they then sent me an email saying they needed an invoice showing had been bought at full price to go ahead with the unlock. I'll probably pay for an unlock on eBay later, right now I use it over WiFi.

You should probably give it another try. A different CSR may be able to help you.
I had 2 HD2s unlocked from T-Mobile last year without much difficulty.....

webvan

May 20, 2008
The CSR was ok, the problem was with the unlocking department, this is what they sent me
T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
Sim Unlock Reference: 463xxxx
IMEI: 3577790xxxxxxxxx

Unlock Code: IMEI not in use on acct

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. At this time, we will need a copy of the original sales receipt to be faxed into the SIM Unlock Team showing full retail purchase price was paid for the equipment. The fax number is 813-353-6557. Your request will be placed in pending status for 7 business days to allow time for processing. Please include the following information with the fax.

" ATTN: SIM Unlock Team
" Remedy Form#
" Customer's Full Name
" Contact number
" Customer's Email Address (optional)
" Copy of the original sales receipt showing the Full Retail Purchase Price of the handset.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department
T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Didn't you get that yourself?

nks2105

Aug 1, 2010
SA,TX
I got my unlock code long time ago from T-MO US for free by email...

At the time I had a custom WinMo rom, running Android from the SD card and when I rebooted the phone with a foreign sim card, I have never been prompted to enter my unlock code. Does one need to run stock rom to do that? I've never been able to figure this out... (also I've never tried again after that)

better, is it possible to do that with an android rom running from nand?

anyone knows?

Jun 2, 2008
Northridge
I got my unlock code long time ago from T-MO US for free by email...

At the time I had a custom WinMo rom, running Android from the SD card and when I rebooted the phone with a foreign sim card, I have never been prompted to enter my unlock code. Does one need to run stock rom to do that? I've never been able to figure this out... (also I've never tried again after that)

better, is it possible to do that with an android rom running from nand?

anyone knows?

Thats strange, because I had unlocked my HD2 with Android on NAND.
I used AT&T sim and rebooted the phone, and as soon as the phone booted up it asked for an unlock code. I think I was using Motoman Mytouch 4g rom at the time if it helps.

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Hi you can use codes to unlock the mobile .to get the unlock codes visit here
prounlocking
Here they ask the following details before rendering the unlock codes they are
1. Mobile model
2. Country from where you brought the mobile
3. Provider to which the mobile is locked
4. Imei number of the mobile
Finally they will send you the unlock codes .once you entered the code in your mobile as for the
instruction given by them .your mobile get unlocked and it accepts any network sim.

lol, paying $42 for an unlock is robbery

ronaldweasly

Mar 3, 2011
Search internet for mobile phone unlocking websites. You will come across a thousand websites who can do this. Choose which ever you like. Do look for price comparisons and the unlocking instructions.
Recheck the Model number- Network to which your phone is locked to and the IMEI number before placing an order. If you made any mistakes in these details these people will never give you a refund!!
One more thing, before placing an order ask them about the conditions for getting a full refund in the case of a code failure! Think and make a wise decision. I have personally bought the code for my HTC Desire from unlockgenie.com.
Hope this will help all who are looking for the unlock code for HTC phones

Tarheel

Aug 6, 2008
Mexicali, Baja California
Unlocking T Mobile HD2

Called them up T-Mobile, told them I was going out of the country and asked for the unlock code and within 10 hours I had one for my phone and for my wife's no problem

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
I unlocked a T-Mobile USA & European HD2 here
Got codes back in under 48hrs & even contacted me to correct IMEI as I done a typo, oops ... codes worked fine & are so simple to use.
Also used cable unlocking for full sim CID security unlock as in Asia this service is very cheap but code unlocking is simple & safe & preferred by most device owners.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.