[Q] Lapdock/Webtop Experience

Search This thread

lroy

Aug 19, 2010
Houston Tx
I wanted to hear from the users what their experience has been with Lapdocks and/or webtop. Id like to know what and how you are using your lapdock. and to those that are using webtop over hdmi or the docking station, what things have improved your productivity at work and home.

Im trying to weight the pros and cons. of course the cons are always that little thing called $$$. not sure how i would utilize these products and want to know how the current users are.

is it just the "i can do this with my phone" or have they made youre life better?

and to give you an idea, my workstation consists of a HP EliteBook thats never open and directly connected to my 32inch LCD. so im also thinking about the idea of doing a KVM switch and have the ability to toggle between the two at the office. This would leave my desk clean and simple. BUT, that doesnt do anything for me at home and travels (but then again i have a laptop, so i dont see where the need would be) and a HDMI KVM switch is not a cheap solution either.

Thoughts?

sapperpipo

Jan 28, 2010
I wanted to hear from the users what their experience has been with Lapdocks and/or webtop. Id like to know what and how you are using your lapdock. and to those that are using webtop over hdmi or the docking station, what things have improved your productivity at work and home.

Im trying to weight the pros and cons. of course the cons are always that little thing called $$$. not sure how i would utilize these products and want to know how the current users are.

is it just the "i can do this with my phone" or have they made youre life better?

and to give you an idea, my workstation consists of a HP EliteBook thats never open and directly connected to my 32inch LCD. so im also thinking about the idea of doing a KVM switch and have the ability to toggle between the two at the office. This would leave my desk clean and simple. BUT, that doesnt do anything for me at home and travels (but then again i have a laptop, so i dont see where the need would be) and a HDMI KVM switch is not a cheap solution either.

Thoughts?

Im using the docking station and it has been great for me I find myself hardly using my laptop anymore which is also hooked up to my flat screen
as far as the web browsing goes its not as fast as the laptop but I have the wireless keyboard also and it makes a huge comfort difference, there is about a 1 to 2 second delay for me when I click a link for the page to load completely,, honestly I say give it a try and if you dont like it just return it,,, but I think you would really like the wireless keyboard it literally replaced my laptop I can do all my work from my phone now, its great,,

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Using the HD dock with a portable wireless keyboard/mouse. Even though I wish it would do more it does make the phone more functional. Think it all depends on what type of apps you need to use. It makes it very nice when traveling to take the place of a laptop but in the office there are just too many Windows apps I need that won't run on my phone.

If I traveled more I know it would be a very nice feature to have.

depperly

Aug 29, 2008
I use my Lapdock daily for just about everything. I have found most useful replacements and with Logme In I can control all my PC's or Servers.

I also use the HD Dock which is connected to a 32 inch TV.

I like the device and all it offers.

xTMFxOffshore

Sep 1, 2011
San Diego
I haven't really done much Man. I'm not a Dev. So I just try to help where I can. But no problem. :)

Sent from my Photon via XDA

Last edited: