[ROM] [SGH-I757M only] CyanogenMod 9

Search This thread

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
CyanogenMod 9 for Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M)

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL BUILD OF CYANOGENMOD 9 BUT CAN STILL BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER.

CyanogenMod is an open source replacement firmware based on the Android mobile operating system for smart phones and tablet computers. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

Bell Canada released the Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M), which is a slight upgrade from its original Galaxy S2 GT-I9100M released the summer before, with now a bigger display and HD resolution. Since Bell hadn't released an ICS update yet, I have ported CyanogenMod 9 (stock ICS / Android 4.0) to the SGH-I757M.

NOTE: I was told by mods to post this thread in this General forum because it's not an I9100.

2e5imwp.jpg

(Screenshots attached below)

What works:

Pretty much everything for daily use. Click below for details.

Code:
- Phone calls
- 3G/HSPA/LTE Data
- SMS send/receive
- Wi-Fi
- Video playback
- YouTube (including HD videos)
- Adobe Flash
- Hardware acceleration in browser
- Rear camera (model M5MO) takes photos and videos, and uses flash
- Front camera (model SR200PC20M) - takes photos and videos
- BLN (Backlight Notification on buttons)
- Overclocking/underclocking
- Face Unlock
- Panorama mode for camera
- USB mass storage
- MTP
- Play Store
- Vibration and haptic feedback
- Orientation sensor
- Magnetic field sensor / compass (model AK8975)
- Gyroscope (model K3G) 
- Accelerometer (model K3DH)
- Optical sensor, i.e. proximity and ambient light sensor (model TAOS)
- Auto-brightness
- Bluetooth (and A2DP)
- GPS
- Headphone audio
- Torch app
- USB tethering
- Speakerphone
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Google Goggles
- Lights on capacitive buttons
- Internal and external (micro) SD card access 
  - Note: Internal SD is under [B]/mnt/emmc[/B], micro SD is '/sdcard'
- CPU frequency is being reported correctly as 1512MHz
- MHL (compiled into kernel but not tried yet)

What doesn't work:

- I.P. CALLING: VoIP/SIP clients like CSipSimple and Dell Voice crash when making calls, or nothing heard at other end of line when using them. Click here and here for more info. Skype works fine.
- IN CAMCORDER: The 'Silly Faces' effects option for the front/rear camcorders is currently showing a distorted image in the preview screen. However, the video recording itself gets saved perfectly with the chosen effect. Normal front/rear camcorder functionality (i.e. without the silly effects) has no issues. If you want to help out, click here for all the logcat info and analysis for the Silly Faces option.
- IN CAMCORDER: Not really an issue, but the zoom control should not be present in 1080p mode for the camcorder, because it does not zoom in 1080p (limitation of Galaxy S2, not CM9)
- IN CAMERA: No touch-to-focus for camera, although regular focus works fine. A workaround would be to use LgCamera app from the Play Store.
- CAPACITIVE BUTTONS: button lights will not come on when turning device on from sleep; user must touch screen after 10 seconds to turn button lights on (issue is common in CM9 for other SGS2 Qualcomm-based variants)

Download:

WARNING! Do not flash this to a different device model from the one it's meant for. It will not work with the other Galaxy S2 iterations, so don't try it with the Bell Galaxy S2 I9100M (non-HD). DO NOT flash it on the Asian variant of the GS2 HD (SHV-E120) either, as it uses slightly different internal hardware - the ROM will be unstable and the phone component will not work. If you are sure you have the CANADIAN Bell Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M), then click on the button below:

(For questions about CM9 for the SHV-120L, contact skysbird on Twitter or GitHub. I will not discuss that device in my thread.)

OLD LINK: http://d-h.st/users/dsi

UPDATE: September 20, 2012: I don't own this device anymore, and am no longer maintaining the builds, please find latest versions here, thanks to XDA user crlogic:

http://d-h.st/users/crlogic

Go to the Dev-Host link above and navigate to the CM9 sub-folder to access the files required for the following steps. Please read the installation instructions carefully.

Support my work:

DONATE / FOLLOW ME

Full instructions for installing:

Download the necessary files:

1) Ensure you have my latest ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery image for the SGH-I757M. Please refer to this thread for details. NOTE: The original released version of CWM for this device is not compatible with the CM9 ROMs, so update to the latest one please.
2) Download the CM9 ROM from the SGS2 HD LTE / cyanogenmod9 folder found at the big Dev-Host link above.
3) Download the Google Apps (gapps) file from the SGS2 HD LTE / cyanogenmod9 folder found at the link above. The Google Apps are flashed separately from the ROM due to legal requirements (proprietary files). They include Gmail, YouTube, Play Store, Maps, etc.
4) Optional: Download the stock Bell ICS modem (MUGLH2) from the SGS2 HD LTE / factory images folder. You should skip this step if you had earlier flashed the stock Bell ICS update, since it contains that modem/baseband (check your Settings-->About screen to verify the Baseband).

Back up your data:

1) If you're coming from a non-CM9 ROM, back up your apps and data with the Titanium Backup app if you wish. Back up your SMS messages with apps like 'SMS Backup and Restore'.
2) Boot into CWM (hold down power and both volume buttons, let go at the Samsung logo)
3) Enter CWM Recovery and make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM, just in case.

Now flash:

1a) If you have CM9 already installed and want to flash it again: In CWM - wipe cache, then go to Advanced menu and wipe Dalvik cache. Then flash the CM9 zip file.
1b) OR if this is your first time flashing CM9: In CWM - wipe data (factory reset), then flash the CM9 zip file TWICE.
2) Next, flash the zip file for Google Apps - it is recommended to flash this every time you flash a new CM9 ROM!
3) If you had also downloaded the modem, then flash that as well.
4) Reboot phone
5) If you have problems, read the FAQ below and ask questions in this thread if necessary. Please do not PM me about tech support.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Change Logs, Sources, Acknowledgements, etc.

- NOTE: I do not own this device anymore and cannot provide tech support. All help is found in the following posts.

CyanogenMod 10 - Jelly Bean available?

- Yes it is, go here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-26-04-30-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-26-04-30-20.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2,952
  • Screenshot_2012-06-26-04-35-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-26-04-35-41.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3,104
  • 20120626_165525.jpg
    20120626_165525.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 2,717
Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I flashed CM9 after coming from another non-CM9 ROM, and I get errors or phone fails to boot.
A. Make sure you read the instructions in Post 1 for flashing correctly. If you still can't figure it out, go to the "advanced" menu section in the recovery menu and select the log output to see what went wrong. If it says you have an "assert" issue then you obviously have the wrong version of ClockworkMod recovery and you didn't follow the instructions.

Q. How do I restore my phone back to factory conditions so that I don't have a voided warranty?
A. Flash the stock Bell firmware (found at my dev-host link) with Odin. OR download the stock firmware by creating an account at sammobile.com and going to the Firmware section (search for SGH-I757M); then flash it with Odin.

Q. I'm not getting LTE (4G) speeds on my phone with CM9
A. By default the ROM is set to normal GSM (3G/HSPA). You can change it under System Settings --> More --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode --> LTE/GSM. For some providers like Rogers you may need to manually add the APN for the LTE network as well. To verify you have LTE working, you'll see the "4G" icon on the notification bar. In addition, you can run the Speed Test app to ensure you get LTE download speeds like 25Mbps instead of 4 Mbps. Of course, all this depends on whether your location has LTE towers within its vicinity.

Q. Why do my buttons light up when I get a notification?
A. By default the Backlight Notification (BLN) is turned on. You can disable it under System Settings -> Advanced -> Sensors.

Q. The NFC options can be enabled in the Settings but why doesn't Android Beam work?
A. The device seems to not have the hardware support. The same problem happens in the stock Samsung firmware. However, the online user manual mentions the use of Tags, although when I tried with both stock Samsung 2.3 and CyanogenMod 9 they couldn't read the NFC tags (at the same time I was using an Xperia S and that was able to read the same tags fine). There is discussion going on in this thread stating that we may need an NFC-enabled battery and/or special battery cover. Click here for some debug info from the phone when we turn on NFC.

Q. If I power on the device while the charger is plugged in, it does not turn on. I need to pull out and re-insert the battery to start it again.
A. This is a known issue in CyanogenMod 9 and in AOKP, not just this ROM. You could also try unplugging the phone and holding down the power button for several seconds to turn it on.

Q. How do I access internal storage and also my micro SD card?
A. Internal storage is under the folder /mnt/emmc; micro SD is under /sdcard.

Q. Does FM radio work?
A. No, this device does not have FM radio hardware support.

Q. My battery life sucks.
A. Not my fault, I did not do some geeky tweaks or overclock your phone. The device itself has a crappy battery and you'll notice the same issues in stock. Click here for some battery-saving tips.

Q. I am a newb but want to help out with ADB and/or debugging an issue, how can I?
A. Read here. Also see the following posts on how to get the sources to build the ROM.

Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Change Log

cm-9-20120901-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Synced up with latest upstream changes to CM9 sources

cm-9-20120829-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Updated with more binaries from latest Bell ICS update (netmgrd, qmiproxy, sec-ril)
- Updated build fingerprint to GLH2

cm-9-20120828b-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Updated with many new binaries from latest Bell ICS update, including for Wi-Fi, camera, DivX, GPS, audio, and RIL

cm-9-20120828-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Disabled some debugging in the kernel, should improve performance

cm-9-20120823-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Added a fix where camera photos stored on the microSD may still appear in Gallery even if deleted (merged from Skyrocket repository)
- Fixed wrong product string in USB Mass Storage mode (was being reported as SGH-I727 rather than SGH-I757M)

cm-9-20120820-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- first version of I757's CM9 to support the new CWM Touch Recovery
- rebuilt with latest CM9 sources
- enabled VOIP in kernel - not a complete fix but should assist when debugging with logcat and dmesg
- replaced custom capacitive button code with common Snapdragon S3 MSM8660 code (liblights): should save battery, as the capacitive button lights will now turn off after 5 seconds of touch inactivity
-- Now compatible with custom button dim level options in Settings
-- NOTE: Minor issue (also seen in other CM9 MSM8660 devices): button lights will not come on when turning device on from sleep; user must touch screen after 10 seconds to turn button lights on

cm-9-20120723-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Backlight Notifications (BLN) now blink every 10 seconds instead of staying on. Should improve battery life.

cm-9-20120722-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Fix for missing modelid_cfg.sh and /system mounting issue during flash

cm-9-20120721-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Kernel now uses CyanogenMod version of latest kernel sources (I've also included the latest updates for overclocking, which are still under review)
- Updated mpdecision binary (handles CPU performance)
- Updated sec-ril binary (for phone functionality)
- Use Bell LTE as default APN, not AT&T
- Set in-call noise supression
- Enable Samsung SIM Toolkit functionality
- fixed capitalization issue with new DivX DRM library file; was not recognized by system in previous build

cm-9-20120718-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Included latest ICS Samsung system libraries for sensors, graphics, compass, video, audio, GPS and phone

cm-9-20120717-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Various minor fixes, including for HDMI output, audio and graphics

cm-9-20120713-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Front camera now works
- Added SGH-I757M ICS camera binaries
- Updated to newer kernel sources (this allowed the front camera to work with the above binaries)
- Merged kernel configuration with that from SGH-I757M ICS test ROM (generally the same but CM9 version includes BLN and overclocking)

cm-9-20120707a-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Fixed issue with not being able to adjust maximum CPU frequency; overclocking now works

cm-9-20120707-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Fixed issue with button lights dimming and sometimes not turning back on when touched
- Added MHL support in kernel

cm-9-20120705a-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Added back backlight notifications
- Fixed issue when backlight was enabled: After backlight notification came on, and then phone was turned on, the button backlight would turn off
- Fixed issue when backlight was disabled: If you screen brightness was adjusted manually, the button backlight would turn on

cm-9-20120705-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Correct default CPU frequency is now set, at 1.5 GHz
- Front camera option disabled in camera app, to prevent 'stuck' front camera setting if someone switched to it
- BLN disabled

cm-9-20120703-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Enhanced NFC support
- GPS Utils
- Updated Adreno drivers
- Enabled CONFIG_MMC_BLOCK_BOUNCE in kernel - may help with SD card read/write performance

cm-9-20120629-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Fixed optical sensor issues (proximity and ambient light) by using libs for TAOS

cm-9-20120628a-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- backlight fix (first alpha version in this thread)

cm-9-20120628-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Added wi-fi hotspot functionality
- Fixed NFC so no more errors show up in logcat when enabled/disabled

cm-9-20120625c-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Phone functionality and SMS enabled (RIL)
- Mobile data (3G/LTE) works

cm-9-20120625b-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Working rear camera

cm-9-20120625-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
- Added kernel modules (Now working: Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-fi, vibration, MTP, USB mass storage)

June 24th build (cm-celoxhd-ota-eng.dsixda.zip)
- Initial alpha version of CM9, boots to system

Past Milestones

June 22, 2012
- Custom ICS kernel created, boots into CWM

June 12th, 2012
- Initial version of ClockworkMod Recovery released

Last edited:
Reactions: Sconbox and jonnyjb

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Source code

- Link to all my source files for CM9 at GitHub for device "celoxhd". Build instructions are found in my device repo.

Other useful links

- This ROM was featured on one of Canada's top smartphone sites, Mobile Syrup
- This ROM was featured on the xda-developers news portal
- Original discussion on root methods and CM9 for SGH-I757M
- My ClockworkMod Recovery for SGH-I757M
- Rogers LTE APN settings
- Google Now from Jelly Bean

Acknowledgements

- Cyanogen
- Koush (for ClockworkMod)
- Team Chopsticks (borrowed files and help) - #teamchopsticks on IRC Freenode server
- Team Evervolv (for help, especially preludedrew on IRC) - #evervolv on IRC Freenode server
- yurilebbie on IRC channel #teamchopsticks for assistance with overclocking
- adlx.xda (help and support)
- crazy Canuck testers (you know who you are)
- Chainfire (inspiration)
- my awesome Twitter followers (continual help and encouragement)
- and last but not least my wife and daughter for not getting mad as much as they should be for the time I spend on this!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sconbox

jonnyjb

May 8, 2011
Calgary
I'm not sure if I dis something wrong but I did it the same as I had for my sgs i9000 countless times..
Please let me know thanks.
Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jsr84

Feb 21, 2012
Victoria
I've watched the development for this device since day one and it's pretty remarkable how quick we went from struggling to find a root method to having CWM and now CM 9. Much thanks to dsixda!

Now down to business. I remember in the original thread someone confirmed that the light sensor was working however, running the latest revision I don't seem to be getting any response from the light sensor, I've tried a few sensor monitoring apps and the brightness wont adjust when set to "Auto Brightness". Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
@johnnyjb that output doesn't really help. It didn't show you flashed anything. Did you get that after a reboot? Use adb to grab /tmp/recovery.log or /cache/recovery/last_log right after flash.

If you are flashing from an external SD card and getting incomplete flashes or it's stuck at boot, then you might have a corrupted SD. This happened to me.

Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I've watched the development for this device since day one and it's pretty remarkable how quick we went from struggling to find a root method to having CWM and now CM 9. Much thanks to dsixda!

Now down to business. I remember in the original thread someone confirmed that the light sensor was working however, running the latest revision I don't seem to be getting any response from the light sensor, I've tried a few sensor monitoring apps and the brightness wont adjust when set to "Auto Brightness". Has anyone else experienced this?

Set it to lowest brightness manually, then set to auto brightness. You should see adjustment to normal brightness eventually. I do notice the sensor is a bit slow on mine though.

Last edited:

jonnyjb

May 8, 2011
Calgary
@johnnyjb that output doesn't really help. It didn't show you flashed anything. Did you get that after a reboot? Use adb to grab /tmp/recovery.log or /cache/recovery/last_log right after flash.

If you are flashing from an external SD card and getting incomplete flashes or it's stuck at boot, then you might have a corrupted SD. This happened to me.
The phone works but it will freeze when i do much of any thing, then reboot and some times boot loop, but it seems like it is when it is charging, very strange.
And I'll try to get the log for you here or in the morning, thanks again for all your hard long work, and thank your wife for me too.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

jsr84

Feb 21, 2012
Victoria
Set it to lowest brightness manually, then set to auto brightness. You should see adjustment to normal brightness eventually. I do notice the sensor is a bit slow on mine though.

I noticed a small amount of adjustment. I thought I would restore back to GB to compare the sensor using the same app and in GB the app reports the sensor as a "TAOS" sensor in CM9 its reporting the sensor as a "Sharp". In GB the sensor seems to react to different light levels were as in CM9 it wont respond to any light changes.

A screen capture from GB

SC20120628-223004.png

And one from CM9

Screenshot_2012-06-28-22-47-22.png

I know your plate has enough on in with regards to this port, but it was just something I noticed, I'm not even sure if its relevant.

Last edited:

mic2012

Jun 20, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Thank you for all your hard work. I am a new to this and you have made it easy for someonelike me just starting to flash custom roms. Followed your guides and now have cm9 on my phone. looks and works great so far. Once again Thank -You

Reactions: dsixda

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I noticed a small amount of adjustment. I thought I would restore back to GB to compare the sensor using the same app and in GB the app reports the sensor as a "TAOS" sensor in CM9 its reporting the sensor as a "Sharp". In GB the sensor seems to react to different light levels were as in CM9 it wont respond to any light changes.

I know your plate has enough on in with regards to this port, but it was just something I noticed, I'm not even sure if its relevant.

Oh I know how to fix this, it's in the kernel. I'll get to it right away. I notice that the GB kernel has the correct model of sensor (TAOS) but I overlooked it when making the ICS kernel. Thanks a lot for the useful info.

I believe this will also fix the proximity sensor because apparently these 'optical' sensors are dual purpose.

I'll have a fixed build by the evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsr84

markdexter

Oct 24, 2010
Oh I know how to fix this, it's in the kernel. I'll get to it right away. I notice that the GB kernel has the correct model of sensor (TAOS) but I overlooked it when making the ICS kernel. Thanks a lot for the useful info.

I believe this will also fix the proximity sensor because apparently these 'optical' sensors are dual purpose.

I'll have a fixed build by the evening.

Good stuff!! It will probably fix the black screen at the end of a call, the sgs3 has an aokp rom, I'm gonna give that ago at porting, it's like the ultimate customizable rom even more than cm9. Figure if more of us can figure out to do what you do dsixda, it'll give you a much needed break:D

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda premium

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks for all of your hard work on this and the other ROM!

I am (still) getting errors when flashing to my phone. I get this when trying to flash:
Code:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I757M" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I757M" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == SGH-I757" ||
getprop("rp.build.product") == "SGH-I757M" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "celoxhd" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "celdoxhd"
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Here's what I've done:

1. Wiped data, cache, dalvik cache for each step below
  2. Tried to install from SD card
  3. Tried to install from internal storage
  4. Tried renaming to update.zip
  5. Tried flashing the stock ROM and upgrading from there
  6. Tried a new download of the .zip

Let me know if any other information would be helpful.

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
hope it works for e120l

See the big bolded warning on post #1.

I am (still) getting errors when flashing to my phone. I get this when trying to flash:
Code:
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

[/LIST]

You missed Step 3 in installation instructions?

jsr84

Feb 21, 2012
Victoria

Code:
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Here's what I've done:

1. Wiped data, cache, dalvik cache for each step below
  2. Tried to install from SD card
  3. Tried to install from internal storage
  4. Tried renaming to update.zip
  5. Tried flashing the stock ROM and upgrading from there
  6. Tried a new download of the .zip

What version of CWM are you using?

Jun 28, 2012
Well that's embarrassing. That was the issue. I thought I had flashed the newest one the other day but it turns out I grabbed a previous download by mistake.

Cr15py

Jun 26, 2011
I noticed that both under Performance settings and using some overclocking apps on the market that the maximum CPU frequency is set to 1836 MHz, and cannot be changed(always reverts). Unless I've been misinformed isn't the default maximum CPU frequency 1.5GHz? If so isn't it a bit haphazard to have it set so high above the normal by default?

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I noticed that both under Performance settings and using some overclocking apps on the market that the maximum CPU frequency is set to 1836 MHz, and cannot be changed(always reverts). Unless I've been misinformed isn't the default maximum CPU frequency 1.5GHz? If so isn't it a bit haphazard to have it set so high above the normal by default?

I noticed that too and I wouldn't do that intentionally. In fact I don't even know how to overclock in the kernel! Not a big issue IMO, but I'll look into it when the big issues have been fixed. Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 9 for Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M)

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL BUILD OF CYANOGENMOD 9 BUT CAN STILL BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER.

CyanogenMod is an open source replacement firmware based on the Android mobile operating system for smart phones and tablet computers. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

Bell Canada released the Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M), which is a slight upgrade from its original Galaxy S2 GT-I9100M released the summer before, with now a bigger display and HD resolution. Since Bell hadn't released an ICS update yet, I have ported CyanogenMod 9 (stock ICS / Android 4.0) to the SGH-I757M.

NOTE: I was told by mods to post this thread in this General forum because it's not an I9100.

2e5imwp.jpg

(Screenshots attached below)

What works:

Pretty much everything for daily use. Click below for details.

Code:
    - Phone calls
    - 3G/HSPA/LTE Data
    - SMS send/receive
    - Wi-Fi
    - Video playback
    - YouTube (including HD videos)
    - Adobe Flash
    - Hardware acceleration in browser
    - Rear camera (model M5MO) takes photos and videos, and uses flash
    - Front camera (model SR200PC20M) - takes photos and videos
    - BLN (Backlight Notification on buttons)
    - Overclocking/underclocking
    - Face Unlock
    - Panorama mode for camera
    - USB mass storage
    - MTP
    - Play Store
    - Vibration and haptic feedback
    - Orientation sensor
    - Magnetic field sensor / compass (model AK8975)
    - Gyroscope (model K3G) 
    - Accelerometer (model K3DH)
    - Optical sensor, i.e. proximity and ambient light sensor (model TAOS)
    - Auto-brightness
    - Bluetooth (and A2DP)
    - GPS
    - Headphone audio
    - Torch app
    - USB tethering
    - Speakerphone
    - Wi-Fi hotspot
    - Google Goggles
    - Lights on capacitive buttons
    - Internal and external (micro) SD card access 
      - Note: Internal SD is under [B]/mnt/emmc[/B], micro SD is '/sdcard'
    - CPU frequency is being reported correctly as 1512MHz
    - MHL (compiled into kernel but not tried yet)

What doesn't work:

- I.P. CALLING: VoIP/SIP clients like CSipSimple and Dell Voice crash when making calls, or nothing heard at other end of line when using them. Click here and here for more info. Skype works fine.
    - IN CAMCORDER: The 'Silly Faces' effects option for the front/rear camcorders is currently showing a distorted image in the preview screen. However, the video recording itself gets saved perfectly with the chosen effect. Normal front/rear camcorder functionality (i.e. without the silly effects) has no issues. If you want to help out, click here for all the logcat info and analysis for the Silly Faces option.
    - IN CAMCORDER: Not really an issue, but the zoom control should not be present in 1080p mode for the camcorder, because it does not zoom in 1080p (limitation of Galaxy S2, not CM9)
    - IN CAMERA: No touch-to-focus for camera, although regular focus works fine. A workaround would be to use LgCamera app from the Play Store.
    - CAPACITIVE BUTTONS: button lights will not come on when turning device on from sleep; user must touch screen after 10 seconds to turn button lights on (issue is common in CM9 for other SGS2 Qualcomm-based variants)

Download:

WARNING! Do not flash this to a different device model from the one it's meant for. It will not work with the other Galaxy S2 iterations, so don't try it with the Bell Galaxy S2 I9100M (non-HD). DO NOT flash it on the Asian variant of the GS2 HD (SHV-E120) either, as it uses slightly different internal hardware - the ROM will be unstable and the phone component will not work. If you are sure you have the CANADIAN Bell Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SGH-I757M), then click on the button below:

(For questions about CM9 for the SHV-120L, contact skysbird on Twitter or GitHub. I will not discuss that device in my thread.)

OLD LINK: http://d-h.st/users/dsi

UPDATE: September 20, 2012: I don't own this device anymore, and am no longer maintaining the builds, please find latest versions here, thanks to XDA user crlogic:

http://d-h.st/users/crlogic

Go to the Dev-Host link above and navigate to the CM9 sub-folder to access the files required for the following steps. Please read the installation instructions carefully.

Support my work:

DONATE / FOLLOW ME

Full instructions for installing:

Download the necessary files:

1) Ensure you have my latest ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery image for the SGH-I757M. Please refer to this thread for details. NOTE: The original released version of CWM for this device is not compatible with the CM9 ROMs, so update to the latest one please.
    2) Download the CM9 ROM from the SGS2 HD LTE / cyanogenmod9 folder found at the big Dev-Host link above.
    3) Download the Google Apps (gapps) file from the SGS2 HD LTE / cyanogenmod9 folder found at the link above. The Google Apps are flashed separately from the ROM due to legal requirements (proprietary files). They include Gmail, YouTube, Play Store, Maps, etc.
    4) Optional: Download the stock Bell ICS modem (MUGLH2) from the SGS2 HD LTE / factory images folder. You should skip this step if you had earlier flashed the stock Bell ICS update, since it contains that modem/baseband (check your Settings-->About screen to verify the Baseband).

Back up your data:

1) If you're coming from a non-CM9 ROM, back up your apps and data with the Titanium Backup app if you wish. Back up your SMS messages with apps like 'SMS Backup and Restore'.
    2) Boot into CWM (hold down power and both volume buttons, let go at the Samsung logo)
    3) Enter CWM Recovery and make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM, just in case.

Now flash:

1a) If you have CM9 already installed and want to flash it again: In CWM - wipe cache, then go to Advanced menu and wipe Dalvik cache. Then flash the CM9 zip file.
    1b) OR if this is your first time flashing CM9: In CWM - wipe data (factory reset), then flash the CM9 zip file TWICE.
    2) Next, flash the zip file for Google Apps - it is recommended to flash this every time you flash a new CM9 ROM!
    3) If you had also downloaded the modem, then flash that as well.
    4) Reboot phone
    5) If you have problems, read the FAQ below and ask questions in this thread if necessary. Please do not PM me about tech support.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Change Logs, Sources, Acknowledgements, etc.

- NOTE: I do not own this device anymore and cannot provide tech support. All help is found in the following posts.

CyanogenMod 10 - Jelly Bean available?

- Yes it is, go here.
    Ladies and gentlemen, we now have front camera working :)

I just updated to newer kernel sources for MSM8660 devices, and they support our ICS camera interfaces.

In the meantime I'm going to try to get overclocking and BLN merged into this stock kernel source.
    We have achieved God Mode for this ROM
    OK ROM (June 29th build) should be there in 25 minutes.

I have flashed it and confirmed it has the correct sensors. ;)
    ROM will be fully uploaded in about 20 minutes from now.

I have moved this ROM to the SGS2 LTE HD / cyanogenmod9 folder.

cm-9-20120713-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip
    - Front camera now works
    - Added SGH-I757M ICS camera binaries
    - Updated to newer kernel sources (this allowed the front camera to work with the above binaries)
    - Merged kernel configuration with that from SGH-I757M ICS test ROM (generally the same but CM9 version includes BLN and overclocking)