[Q] MMS.apk missing?

Search This thread

Mellowmarrow

Feb 18, 2014
I have a stock Nexus 4, not rooted. I'm trying to update the MMS.apk to a version I found online, to customize the app to my liking.
I'm told to use Root Explorer, go to /system/app, and replace MMS.apk.

I went there to try it, and can't even find MMS.apk. My stock messaging app works perfectly fine, so I know it's somewhere...

What am I doing wrong?

I've attached a picture of what things look like.

EDIT: I found a search function on Root Explorer, which tracked down the file in /system/priv-app.
I apologize for making this thread. I did plenty of research before posting here, but never considered the search function. (I don't use Root Explorer normally. I downloaded it just for this.)

Attachments

• 70qwR.png
    70qwR.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
I have a stock Nexus 4, not rooted. I'm trying to update the MMS.apk to a version I found online, to customize the app to my liking.
I'm told to use Root Explorer, go to /system/app, and replace MMS.apk.

I went there to try it, and can't even find MMS.apk. My stock messaging app works perfectly fine, so I know it's somewhere...

What am I doing wrong?

I've attached a picture of what things look like.

First question would be, what version of Android are you running? Secondly, which might be the most important point is, unless you are trying to install a third party app from the Play Store, the mms app is normally installed as a system app. Since you are not rooted, you won't have access to it.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3