Razr M, no google account for contacts

Search This thread

csingh01

May 9, 2014
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster (hopefully in the right section). I am an absolute novice so please bear with me. I rooted my Razr M (XT905) to remove a bunch of the pre installed apps.

All worked fine and phone runs great. But I cant import my contacts from my google account. Gmail and app store syncing works fine, just contacts are missing.

When I access the options menu in the contact section, google isn't showing. When I look at the accounts in the settings menu, the google account is there and has the option checked to sync 'people details' (guessing this is the same as contacts).

So I'm guessing I've deleted something when removing the apps.

Any ideas as to what I might have done and how I can fix this?

Appreciate any help.

meatboy371

Dec 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy J5
Moto G5S
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster (hopefully in the right section). I am an absolute novice so please bear with me. I rooted my Razr M (XT905) to remove a bunch of the pre installed apps.

All worked fine and phone runs great. But I cant import my contacts from my google account. Gmail and app store syncing works fine, just contacts are missing.

When I access the options menu in the contact section, google isn't showing. When I look at the accounts in the settings menu, the google account is there and has the option checked to sync 'people details' (guessing this is the same as contacts).

Appreciate any help.

You should have a contacts sync option in Google acount. Maybe you deleted GoogleContacstSyncAdapter.apk or ContactsProvider.apk from /system/app folder

Reactions: csingh01

meatboy371

Dec 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy J5
Moto G5S
Anyway to restore them?

Which android version are you using? I'm attaching 4.4 version apks for you, but I'm not sure if it will work with previous Android versions. Put the apks in system/app folder (ContactsProvider should go to system/priv-app if you're on Android 4.4), change permissions to 644 (see attached image) and reboot.
If those don't work, try searching for apks from the same Android version as yours. You can find it in xda.

Please reply if it worked or not cause another user can try and help you too, but i hope it helps bro.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-09-22-21-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-09-22-21-04.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 12
  • ContactsProvider.apk
    385.9 KB · Views: 5
  • GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    194.2 KB · Views: 4

csingh01

May 9, 2014
Which android version are you using? I'm attaching 4.4 version apks for you, but I'm not sure if it will work with previous Android versions. Put the apks in system/app folder (ContactsProvider should go to system/priv-app if you're on Android 4.4), change permissions to 644 (see attached image) and reboot.
If those don't work, try searching for apks from the same Android version as yours. You can find it in xda.

Please reply if it worked or not cause another user can try and help you too, but i hope it helps bro.

Thanks for the replies. Using 4.1.2.

When I've tried to copy the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter file using ES File Explorer, I get the message in the attached screenshot. How do I get around this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-08-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-08-29.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 9

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Gotta mount the system as Read/Write(should be something similar to this: On the left hand panel "Tools->Root Explorer->Mount R/W" then pick your preferred options.) , and make sure to change the permissions once you move them there (here's a short little video guide - older ES, but same idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hhXuQ0_B28).

I also hope you aren't trying to use the ones posted here for this as it surely won't work properly.

Did you make sure to see if you were actually missing those apps?

Last edited:

csingh01

May 9, 2014
Thanks again for the replies.

All good now. Flashed the pacman 4.4 update with the correct apps and all working.

Only problem now is wifi wont turn on. When I toggle it on, it stays grey and no networks are detected.

Any suggestions for this issue?

Never mind, all sorted, thanks again

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Appreciate any help.

You should have a contacts sync option in Google acount. Maybe you deleted GoogleContacstSyncAdapter.apk or ContactsProvider.apk from /system/app folder
    Anyway to restore them?

Gotta mount the system as Read/Write(should be something similar to this: On the left hand panel "Tools->Root Explorer->Mount R/W" then pick your preferred options.) , and make sure to change the permissions once you move them there (here's a short little video guide - older ES, but same idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hhXuQ0_B28).

I also hope you aren't trying to use the ones posted here for this as it surely won't work properly.

Did you make sure to see if you were actually missing those apps?