which browser gives the best battery life?

Search This thread

K999rrl

Jan 23, 2012
I would like yo know what browser do you guys use? I tried stock, dolphin and opera. I feel like dolphin and stock use more battery than opera mobile. On dolphin and stock 3mins of browsing is 1%. And on opera is 4-5 minutes but I think the performance is not as good as the other two. I am aware of the battery life post but my tab is fine apart from browsing (it even use more battery than screen)

kflanegan

Feb 2, 2011
Calera, AL
Just my 2 cents...I think it would primarily depend on what your browsing to. Any highly intensive websites with graphic heavy flash content will burn the battery quickly. I would recommend using an ad blocker and consider disabling automatic image loading if you really want to extend battery life. I have just been using the stock browser so far and it seems fine to me. I find the battery lasting so long in comparison to other tabs I have tried I'm not too concerned with squeezing out every % at this point.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

K999rrl

Jan 23, 2012
Just my 2 cents...I think it would primarily depend on what your browsing to. Any highly intensive websites with graphic heavy flash content will burn the battery quickly. I would recommend using an ad blocker and consider disabling automatic image loading if you really want to extend battery life. I have just been using the stock browser so far and it seems fine to me. I find the battery lasting so long in comparison to other tabs I have tried I'm not too concerned with squeezing out every % at this point.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

coz my primary use is internet that is y I wana squeeze every sing % lol. the battery for watching movies is great but I am shock about the battery use in web surfing.

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
To add to what kflanegan stated: it all depends on how much you use your browser. I don't use mine much while I'm out running errands. Most of my usage is @ home, on my WiFi connection. As such, I keep everything enabled. Battery life is good, and I'm averaging 8.5 hours of continuous screen on time, before the "battery low" message pops up. If anything, where you set your browser brightness level will determine your battery life. I keep mine at 50%, which is a good balance. I will crank it up to 100%, depending on ambient lighting conditions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium App

K999rrl

Jan 23, 2012
To add to what kflanegan stated: it all depends on how much you use your browser. I don't use mine much while I'm out running errands. Most of my usage is @ home, on my WiFi connection. As such, I keep everything enabled. Battery life is good, and I'm averaging 8.5 hours of continuous screen on time, before the "battery low" message pops up. If anything, where you set your browser brightness level will determine your battery life. I keep mine at 50%, which is a good balance. I will crank it up to 100%, depending on ambient lighting conditions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium App

Mine is wifi only so I only us wifi as well and I always set my brightness to 10-20% as i found the screen is very bright come to other tablet.. I think my battery might have a problem:confused:
Hanks for the reply

K999rrl

Jan 23, 2012
Something really freaky just happened to me... wen the battery is at 8% it goin down to 1%in 7 mins. When I charge it for 2minutes it goes up to 16%. I think I shud send it back

GadgetMe

Feb 18, 2012
I'm using Dolphin for pad and the brightness set on 40% or a little more. I surf a lot, mostly on WiFi and i have atleast 8 hours on the batt.

K999rrl

Jan 23, 2012
I'm using Dolphin for pad and the brightness set on 40% or a little more. I surf a lot, mostly on WiFi and i have atleast 8 hours on the batt.

thx for the reply . i get 12 hours one time but that also count the time when i am sleeping lol. can i just ask if u surf for an hour how many % will it drop?

Mar 3, 2012
ocultsou the

I use the standard browser and get pretty good performance, overscreen is decent also