[APP] Mira - Smart Personal Assistant for iOS and Android [DELETED]

Search This thread

Limit8

Jan 3, 2011
Düsseldorf
schreibtisch.me
First I'm going to answer some questions... :3

All links to downloads/blog/screenshots in first post 403 error

The free hosting service is often down. Next week we'll have a V-Server ;)

The I'm going to report my effort ;D

The greatest effort is that the ASR / Speech To Text engine of Google now works invisible.
Going to continue programming soon ... xD
In a week we'll release Mira in the market.

HouseM

Apr 13, 2011
It's very funny app actually. Lots of talking and usually the same answer : "I couldn't fetch the weather for this information" and "Sorry but I don't know what you mean"
Please don't take this as offense. You change app icon few times, user interface , splash screen, name of the app ... but still basic function of this app is not working :D

It understands me very well but doesn't do basic things like : call someone , write/open new sms, find gas station, find pub, pizza ... and everything else

I'm on v 1.6 .

Keep up guys cuz this is app has big potential but no progress (I mean changing appearance is not a progress)

Thanks for your work anyway. Waiting for something less beta ;)

ChanceM

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 26, 2010
Marina
It's very funny app actually. Lots of talking and usually the same answer : "I couldn't fetch the weather for this information" and "Sorry but I don't know what you mean"
Please don't take this as offense. You change app icon few times, user interface , splash screen, name of the app ... but still basic function of this app is not working :D

It understands me very well but doesn't do basic things like : call someone , write/open new sms, find gas station, find pub, pizza ... and everything else

I'm on v 1.6 .

Keep up guys cuz this is app has big potential but no progress (I mean changing appearance is not a progress)

Thanks for your work anyway. Waiting for something less beta ;)

What app are you using, really? It has had progress and bugs are being addressed. Your comment here is of no use to the development. Please make efforts to aid in development not stagnate it.

ChanceM
Sent from a Serendipity Captivate.

mahootzki

May 29, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm in the same boat as HouseM, im having very bad luck so far and am surprised to hear that there is a chance of being released to the market already.
This is an alpha as far as I'm concerned, not even a beta..

Sent from my rooted Evo 4G!!

Last edited:

HouseM

Apr 13, 2011
I've tested every single version of this app since the beginning of this thread with always same simple questions and commands.
There are same glitches since the beginning to latest version 1.6b
- Don't remember my name
- Can not fetch weather info for any place where I'm
- Can not set alarm clock or even open alarm clock
- can not find (or understand) pizza , restaurant, gas station, bank, police station
- can not call 112 (it is emergency phone number in Europe)
- can not write sms, open sms, read sms
- when asked to open any application, answers (I started the application for you) and nothing is happening.
So when there is no progress in this app since the beginning I will NOT write that it's awesome, wonderful, amazing, cool and outstanding.
Only changes I have noticed since the beginning are: icon, name of the app, theme, splash screen
So @ChanceM, m8 I think you should chill out and star thinking more clear.

Nemesis1278

Jan 26, 2008
I've tested every single version of this app since the beginning of this thread with always same simple questions and commands.
There are same glitches since the beginning to latest version 1.6b
- Don't remember my name
- Can not fetch weather info for any place where I'm
- Can not set alarm clock or even open alarm clock
- can not find (or understand) pizza , restaurant, gas station, bank, police station
- can not call 112 (it is emergency phone number in Europe)
- can not write sms, open sms, read sms
- when asked to open any application, answers (I started the application for you) and nothing is happening.
So when there is no progress in this app since the beginning I will NOT write that it's awesome, wonderful, amazing, cool and outstanding.
Only changes I have noticed since the beginning are: icon, name of the app, theme, splash screen
So @ChanceM, m8 I think you should chill out and star thinking more clear.

I can agree with the all except the name part. Mira does not always say your name but I do know that Mira remembers my name. Maybe your database is corrupt?

Weather I agree doesn't work for me. They are addressing this issue.

My location only works halfway. It first only found the country I was in how it only finds the city. Again they are addressing this issue.

Since they are incorporating Wikipedia and some other apps from google this should help with some other searches like people, etc.

There may still be some room for improvement but should be more user oriented.

I have also been able to write send a text. I think to text you have to start with send and then it picks up that you want to send a text.

I can call people on my contact list.

Can not open an app. But can open a search in browser to google.

I will try a call to 311 which is an info phone number for here in ny.

sent from my HD2 with Dungphp Runnymede

anuraagkochar

Nov 20, 2010
I have a weird problem when i.am.not connected to internet. When i.am connected i.don't have this problem When i click the speak button it tells me to write.and there us.no.option to speak

Last edited:

matzen97

Feb 8, 2012
Bocholt
offline tts

we are not able to find a good offline text to speak engine..
but in the version 2.0 there is no google voice popup. we've hidden it.

that equals to: addictive design :3

Nemesis1278

Jan 26, 2008
A few minutes ago I finished programming the Places API!
Maybe we can already release Mira 2.0 the 16. March into the market!
It going to have a support for the new fast server, many bug fixes, many speed ups and improvements, new credits entry for Jonas ;) , the Places API, an invisible Google Voice Search query and support for more sentences.

Sweet I can't wait to try it out and see the improvements.

sent from my HD2 with Dungphp Runnymede

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mira - Smart Personal Assistant for iOS and Android

Unfortunately we don't see any reason to continue this project since Google Voice Search does a nice job. Furthermore there are many Siri clones in the Google Play Store, which do a better Job than Mira did.
    Thank you for your support and interest. You kept this project alive a long time!
    Thanks for the posts, suggestions and bug reports ;)

Maybe releasing 1.5.5 today....

Announcing:
    - Call function with contact and phone number support (DONE)
    - Switching time mode (DONE)
    - Switch temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit (DONE)
    - Better App Search ("open facebook / etc.") (DONE)
    - Sending and dictating SMS (IN PROGRESS)

Not in 1.5.5 but soon:
    - Calendar Support
    - Weather / Temperature Fix (Going to use Google Weather instead of Yahoo Weather)
    - Removing the start screen

Tips:
    If you don't want database updates everytime you start Mira use the Offline Mode functionality! A database version check will come soon too.
    A few minutes ago I finished programming the Places API!
    Maybe we can already release Mira 2.0 the 16. March into the market!
    It going to have a support for the new fast server, many bug fixes, many speed ups and improvements, new credits entry for Jonas ;) , the Places API, an invisible Google Voice Search query and support for more sentences.
    @DJSave:
    Cool Cool ^^ It could be that the word "Google" was recognized as something else, which causes Sara to crash, but I think I corrected that bug ^^

RELEASE 1.2.1 ALPHA

Now Sara is in the Alpha State. I think I corrected every Crash with a "try {}" snippet.
    New features are the "kamikaze" function (just for lulz)
    At the time Sara closes herself if you say: "Kill yourself" or "Destroy yourself". Because Sara has an intelligent algorithm you could also say: "Kill yourself *****!" xD

Further weather forecast. You can just ask for the weather f.e. with "How is the weather". You can also ask for the weather for tomorrow or for a specific town / location.

You can ask for the download stats of sara.

Going to improve the weather function and improve the database entrys which works with it.

You can ask for your location

Small-Bugfixes

RELEASE 1.2.2 ALPHA

Fast Bugfixes
    Release 1.5.5

Business as usual ^^
    Update Server or here:
    http://myfirstserver.bplaced.net/mira

Maybe soon another server...

New features:
    - Call function with contact and phone number support (f.e. "call ryan" or "call 911")
    - Switching time mode from "Military" to "America"
    - Switch temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit
    - Better App Search (Could have still some bugs)
    - Sending and dictating SMS (f.e. "send" / "send sms" "send sms to ryan" / "send sms to 911")
    - No start screen anymore
    - Better offline support (At Start)
    - Performance fixes

Announced for 1.6:
    - Adding contacts
    - "Who is..." Contact support
    - Calendar features
    - Note features
    - E-Mail features
    - Database Version Check
    - Tutorial / Help / Command Page

Additional Infos:
    - If you don't want database updates everytime you start Mira use the Offline Mode functionality! A database version check will come soon too.
    - Going to include a screen with infos what Mira is able to do with categorys like "Phone" or "Location" ...
    - Database is a little bit small at the time. That's why there comes so much "No sense / don't understand" output's!