[ROM][4 May 2013] CM7 for HTC Merge/Lexikon [Kernel: msm7x30 CM]

Search This thread
J

jianC

I originally released this rom on 2fastforums.com (http://2fastroms.com/showthread.php?5435-WIP-18-Dec-2012-CM7-Kernel-CM-msm7x30) and now feel it is ready for release on XDA. (Site is currently down for unknown reasons)

CM7 for HTC Merge/Lexikon

Code:
Features:
-100% stock CM7 from source

What works:
Almost everything

What doesn't work:
MMS on USC?
Jittery Compass

Instructions
1) Flash recovery through bootloader or fastboot
2) Boot into recovery and factory reset, also go into mounts and format system
3) Flash Rom
4) Flash GApps

Downloads

Recovery: http://d-h.st/users/e334/?fld_id=6766 (Either one will work, I personally prefer v5.0.2.8 Capacitive Touch)
ROM: http://d-h.st/users/e334/?fld_id=6727
GApps: https://www.box.com/s/79bpq0ywdxcf4093t926 (thanks liamf1!)

All my changes are documented on github.

Credits: Cyberblade (CDMA fix), liamf1 (beta tester/helpful feedback) 2fast4u88, Cyanogenmod & Team, Kali-, Neopeek & Team, UnitedDev & Team, and everyone else who contributed.

Please leave any feedback about bugs/problems/glitches/etc and I will try to fix them.

Last edited:

faille13

Feb 11, 2012
Chicago
Lol yeah, I'm everywhere.

Sent from my HTC Merge using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I don't get around here too often. I haven't seen a dedicated forum for my merge yet.

Sent from my HTC Merge using Tapatalk 2

Gytixas

Feb 2, 2013
Kaunas
gtx.inturbo.lt
GPS problem

How to fix the GPS ?
It won't turn on , I mean GPS icon is not shown in the notifications bar and it searches for the satellites forever .

I use 20130121 version of this mod and gsm mode .

nikoloz995

Feb 9, 2013
Mistake

sorry sorry, GSM works perfect, Just needed to reboot. Thanks a lot. but Bluetooth and GPS doesn't work either. Plz fix these bugs ! Thanks :)

lexikonlover

Feb 20, 2013
Thank you so much, this is the best rom for this phone (the only working cyanogen). I am happy to report that after a few weeks use it has across the board improved my phones responsiveness, battery life, and usability. However... I have one problem. I live in Alaska and have GCI as a carrier... when I alter my cdma apn info, everything works up to the point I want to change my MCC and MNC... it's defaulting to 310 and 012 respectively. When I leave those values alone it saves the apn... when I alter them, the apn entry disappears! How can I fix this? I I need it to be 311 and 370 but can't get it to save my apn. :(

If this never works, I don't care, I wil continue using this rom without mobile internet or mms downloads... it's just that good.

Last edited:

arteu

Aug 19, 2012
Thank you so much, this is the best rom for this phone (the only working cyanogen). I am happy to report that after a few weeks use it has across the board improved my phones responsiveness, battery life, and usability. However... I have one problem. I live in Alaska and have GCI as a carrier... when I alter my cdma apn info, everything works up to the point I want to change my MCC and MNC... it's defaulting to 310 and 012 respectively. When I leave those values alone it saves the apn... when I alter them, the apn entry disappears! How can I fix this? I I need it to be 311 and 370 but can't get it to save my apn. :(

If this never works, I don't care, I wil continue using this rom without mobile internet or mms downloads... it's just that good.

APN backup and restore app worked for me on US Cellular (backup apn from stock install, then restore to CM7), though I had to switch to GoSMS as a messaging app for MMS to send properly (stock app would receive but not send MMS - SMS worked normally in both). I had no success manually entering the apn info - didn't seem to have any effect when I tried.

@JianC
I found an issue with the 20130121 version from Jan 21 you posted on 2fastroms: If the phone is left on the charger it will charge all the way up, then discharge all the way back to zero while still plugged in. It still displays that it is at 100%, but then abruptly drops to whatever the actual charge level is after a few minutes of use. I've tried wiping battery stats to no effect and it works properly in stock rom. This is the only bug I can't seem to work around... Any fix or suggestions for things to try would be most appreciated! Thanks again for your work on this ROM!

J

jianC

Fixed GPS (and other issues), please see OP!

EDIT: I'll look into the apns issue... I don't use my Merge on CDMA so it's a stab in the dark.

Last edited:
J

jianC

The final version of CM7 has been uploaded (charging bug *should* be fixed).. I will not be supporting CM7 anymore but will be working on Evervolv/CM10.1.

Thanks for your feedback and support!

linuxsociety

Dec 18, 2010
Southern Kentucky
If any help with the kernel is needed I will try my best to free up some time and pitch in some help. I have made several kernels for several other devices and the most popular being for the Acer Iconia tablets here on XDA see my signature. Great to see a CM rom for the merge on here though!! GB works fine for me, not that much cool factor from cm 10 or cm 10.1 as I have compiled quiet a few nightlies for the A100.. Other than the Project Butter and the overall UI I could care less about JB/ICS.

J

jianC

If any help with the kernel is needed I will try my best to free up some time and pitch in some help. I have made several kernels for several other devices and the most popular being for the Acer Iconia tablets here on XDA see my signature. Great to see a CM rom for the merge on here though!! GB works fine for me, not that much cool factor from cm 10 or cm 10.1 as I have compiled quiet a few nightlies for the A100.. Other than the Project Butter and the overall UI I could care less about JB/ICS.
@linuxsociety That would be awesome if you could. Elginsk8r and I have already ported the board files but I can't figure out what's keeping it from booting..

@ everyone: CM9 for the htc merge is here!: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44487058#post44487058

Last edited:

linuxsociety

Dec 18, 2010
Southern Kentucky
@linuxsociety That would be awesome if you could. Elginsk8r and I have already ported the board files but I can't figure out what's keeping it from booting..

Does it just boot loop or does it go black? does the CM logo appear? Guess there is no logcat output via adb either or you'd probably have nailed it by now. Maybe we will have to get jtag debugging output so we can see exactly what is causing the kernel panic and work from there.

I have just now had time to get on xda and check up on the new status. I will try to clone the git repository and check the kernel .config for the cm10 build. Just a thought but on most devices that have a working kernel with cm9 the exact same kernel + modules work fine with CM10. Have you all tried the kernel from CM9 that was just recently posted on any CM10 builds for the device? Not much has changed between ICS and JB that are dependent on in kernel features or that require bleeding edge mainline kernel and/or proprietary kernel patches. However there is a good possibility that the issue is more to do with the bootloader that is required to chainload the android OS for JB causing CM10 not to boot properly. So updating the bootloader may be necessary for JB/CM10 to boot properly. Nevertheless we need some debugging output in order to pinpoint what exactly is the problem going on. I am going to flash cm9 to my merge now and see how everything goes. I may experiment with the cm9 kernel and a cm10 build if I can find one for the merge. My hardware I have right now would take quiet some time to build JB as I haven't even used this old c2d laptop to build any android roms yet lol. Sorry for such a long posting but hopefully it is of some help in finding the resolution to the problems we have.

Thanks guys!

J

jianC

Does it just boot loop or does it go black? does the CM logo appear? Guess there is no logcat output via adb either or you'd probably have nailed it by now. Maybe we will have to get jtag debugging output so we can see exactly what is causing the kernel panic and work from there.

I have just now had time to get on xda and check up on the new status. I will try to clone the git repository and check the kernel .config for the cm10 build. Just a thought but on most devices that have a working kernel with cm9 the exact same kernel + modules work fine with CM10. Have you all tried the kernel from CM9 that was just recently posted on any CM10 builds for the device? Not much has changed between ICS and JB that are dependent on in kernel features or that require bleeding edge mainline kernel and/or proprietary kernel patches. However there is a good possibility that the issue is more to do with the bootloader that is required to chainload the android OS for JB causing CM10 not to boot properly. So updating the bootloader may be necessary for JB/CM10 to boot properly. Nevertheless we need some debugging output in order to pinpoint what exactly is the problem going on. I am going to flash cm9 to my merge now and see how everything goes. I may experiment with the cm9 kernel and a cm10 build if I can find one for the merge. My hardware I have right now would take quiet some time to build JB as I haven't even used this old c2d laptop to build any android roms yet lol. Sorry for such a long posting but hopefully it is of some help in finding the resolution to the problems we have.

Thanks guys!

The .35 kernel works fine for CM10.0 but I'm having some issues booting cm10.1 with the .35 kernel because of some graphics memory allocation issues. The main issue is that there are a few issues that can't be fully fixed without the 3.0 kernel such as the camera/camcorder, ION support, etc (which is WIP here: http://review.evervolv.com/#/c/6609/ ). I have already tried probing for the UART TX/RX pins on the lexikon motherboard with a bus pirate but I have not found anything to date. I ordered a micro usb breakout board yesterday for USB UART debugging and am going to pick up some resistors from radioshack so we can hopefully get some progress on the 3.0 kernel because it won't boot far enough to adb or dmesg for our purposes. The problem isn't CM10 right now, but the kernel, which would require jtag or uart debugging, as you have mentioned. I hope that we can get the 3.0 kernel booting soon so we can have cm9/10 fully working.

Last edited:

linuxsociety

Dec 18, 2010
Southern Kentucky
The .35 kernel works fine for CM10.0 but I'm having some issues booting cm10.1 with the .35 kernel because of some graphics memory allocation issues. The main issue is that there are a few issues that can't be fully fixed without the 3.0 kernel such as the camera/camcorder, ION support, etc (which is WIP here: http://review.evervolv.com/#/c/6609/ ). I have already tried probing for the UART TX/RX pins on the lexikon motherboard with a bus pirate but I have not found anything to date. I ordered a micro usb breakout board yesterday for USB UART debugging and am going to pick up some resistors from radioshack so we can hopefully get some progress on the 3.0 kernel because it won't boot far enough to adb or dmesg for our purposes. The problem isn't CM10 right now, but the kernel, which would require jtag or uart debugging, as you have mentioned. I hope that we can get the 3.0 kernel booting soon so we can have cm9/10 fully working.

This sounds about like the exact same issues that was experienced when I was helping hashcode work on the original kindle fire device and getting it to work with ICS. I 'think' with the HTC it shouldn't be near as hard to resolve the issue to get full hw acceleration, memory mappings camera/gps and all the extra bells and whistles if we make an attempt at backporting the necessary support into the .35 kernel instead of trying to upgrade * to 3.x which will be adding to the work and break more things than it fixes. Since HTC apparently isn't going to be releasing any updates for the device it looks like it is going to be left all up to us to make one of two decisions:

1) backporting kernel - only the few things remaining needed for our current working GB kernel to have full support for ICS/JB roms

OR

2) updating to 3.x.x and merging HTC fixes and 3rd party patches -through several mainline kernel patches and keeping the proprietary htc addins compatible.

My opinion/suggestion:

I'd think of the two options that backporting would be the most logical answer to the equation since we are only missing support for few things and you already have everything working except the camera, ION, BINDER(?), and other >=3.0.0 android patches. Plus the device is pretty well coming to a good place to say cease development work and either enjoy the device or upgrade to something newer. So if we could get JB support or even just ICS working fully I think 99.99% of all owners/users would be more than 99.99% happy!! I know I would be very happy myself!

Top Liked Posts