Volume wake?

Search This thread

XCrunner23

Aug 2, 2012
Lexington, SC
Does anyone know of a mod (besides gravity screen on) to turn on the screen without the power button? My power button suddenly stopped working and I've seen that option in settings, but can't seem to find it on sensewiz. Thanks again:D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Does anyone know of a mod (besides gravity screen on) to turn on the screen without the power button? My power button suddenly stopped working and I've seen that option in settings, but can't seem to find it on sensewiz. Thanks again:D

I believe you can remap your keys in generic.kl to wake with volume
check this out http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2203059
a very basic guide on how to get the .kl file then just edit as you wish

Reactions: XCrunner23

dbldown768

Apr 15, 2008
I have been looking for a solution for this for quite some time. I am using gravity off right now. I just tried to change this file many times. I commented out Key 116 and put the POWER in key 115, the vol up, but that didnt work. I then tried to comment out all the POWER buttons in the file and replaced VOL up with POWER button - that didnt work. Then i reverted back and added the WAKE to the ends of VOL up and down, and that didnt work either. After all changes, i reverted the permission to the correct values.

Any one get this to work? Stock rooted GB27.

XCrunner23

Aug 2, 2012
Lexington, SC
I just took my phone into the sprint store, and they are ordering a new one. But its on backorder :mad: My upgrade is up in December and I'll probably go with the note 3, so I'll just give the new phone to my brother, since he has the EVO LTE but the screen is basically unreadable because he shattered the screen

dbldown768

Apr 15, 2008
Well I don't know the magic words I guess to tell the sprint store employee because about 3 months or more ago I told them I had this issue and asked for a replacement. The tech said he never heard of this 'common' problem.

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Well I don't know the magic words I guess to tell the sprint store employee because about 3 months or more ago I told them I had this issue and asked for a replacement. The tech said he never heard of this 'common' problem.

The magic words are "I want to speak to your supervisor."
Hardware failure is what they are there for. (Unless, apparently, your usb port is jacked, in which case they tell you its something you did, and it'll be $500 to fix...)

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

s9amme

Mar 25, 2011
Bay Area
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Intelli cover app allows you to use the proximity sensor to wake or lock the phone. My wife's power button button broke, so she's been using this temporarily and it works for her

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

jashaf

Jul 25, 2008
I have been looking for a solution for this for quite some time. I am using gravity off right now. I just tried to change this file many times. I commented out Key 116 and put the POWER in key 115, the vol up, but that didnt work. I then tried to comment out all the POWER buttons in the file and replaced VOL up with POWER button - that didnt work. Then i reverted back and added the WAKE to the ends of VOL up and down, and that didnt work either. After all changes, i reverted the permission to the correct values.

Any one get this to work? Stock rooted GB27.

Bump. Same experience has dbldown768.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
tdunham's Volume Wake Mod for GB27-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43114078

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Top Liked Posts