[Q] How can I make my phone run less sluggishly?

Search This thread

vesaninja

Mar 22, 2014
Hey

I have HTC desire s, which is pretty old (i'v had about three years now). In recent months it has started to run more and more sluggishly. After I re-downloaded a game that I played when I first got the phone I realized that my phone had experienced some power-loss, as the game that used to run smoothly now lagged. It wasn't so big deal as I do not play games with my phone so often, but now it feels like apps that I use and pretty much need like whatsapp and internet browser are also starting to lag more.
So now I am trying to find some way to restore my phone do the state it was when I first got it.
I have done almost everything that you can do with an un-rooted phone. (Ram,cache,apps...) I also did "factory reset" which actually seemed to help for a while, but soon the problem came back.
I tried also rooting my phone with super-one-click, but even I followed instructions "perfectly" and the app said my phone is rooted it actually wasn't.
I can try it again if it's necessary.

Thank you for Answers and I apologize for being a noob.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I have now that toolkit and recovery downloaded on my computer.

The toolkit provides steps to "Unlock bootloader" via HTCdev.com. You need it unlocked to root or flash a custom recovery.

PLS read exactly and keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader will reset your phone to stock. MAKE SURE you safe ALL your PERSONAL DATA before you proceed.

Last edited:

vesaninja

Mar 22, 2014
The toolkit provides steps to "Unlock bootloader" via HTCdev.com. You need it unlocked to root or flash a custom recovery.

PLS read exactly and keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader will reset your phone to stock. MAKE SURE you safe ALL your PERSONAL DATA before you proceed.

When I press install HTC drivers a mesage pops up saying that it will install them, but after that nothing happens. I looked from youtube that a install wizard should pop up, but nothing happens. So what should I do as I think that those drivers aren't being installed.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
When I press install HTC drivers a mesage pops up saying that it will install them, but after that nothing happens. I looked from youtube that a install wizard should pop up, but nothing happens. So what should I do as I think that those drivers aren't being installed.

If you have installed drivers just skip it ;)

Latest drivers are here if needed --> Click me as you never clicked before ;)

Reactions: vesaninja

vesaninja

Mar 22, 2014
Now when I am trying to Get the token ID, again message pops up saying what to do, but still nothing else happens. So I cannot get the Id as I do not get those command prom screens. Something wrong in my toolkit?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Now when I am trying to Get the token ID, again message pops up saying what to do, but still nothing else happens. So I cannot get the Id as I do not get those command prom screens. Something wrong in my toolkit?

You connected your phone in "fastboot" mode?

It toolkit fails (its important that you haven't change the folder name of the toolkit!)

We can do manually --> Go to HTC dev --> http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ select "All other supported models" you also will have to register.

and you need this adb/fastboot http://d-h.st/KIP

Last edited:
Reactions: vesaninja

Top Liked Posts