[Q] Looking for file: System/bin/ddexe

Search This thread

TheJAJ

Jun 29, 2014
I'm currently running android 4.3 stock on a rooted Sprint GS3. I tried updating via the OTA but kept getting an "unexpected information found in system/bin/ddexe". Did some searching online and discovered I needed to rename system/bin/ddexe_real to ddexe and delete the current ddexe "dummy file". Long story short, I deleted the wrong file (ddexe_real). Just curious if someone with the Sprint version of the GS3 running stock 4.3 could send me the system/bin/ddexe_real file. Thanks in advance. I've searched everywhere for it.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm currently running android 4.3 stock on a rooted Sprint GS3. I tried updating via the OTA but kept getting an "unexpected information found in system/bin/ddexe". Did some searching online and discovered I needed to rename system/bin/ddexe_real to ddexe and delete the current ddexe "dummy file". Long story short, I deleted the wrong file (ddexe_real). Just curious if someone with the Sprint version of the GS3 running stock 4.3 could send me the system/bin/ddexe_real file. Thanks in advance. I've searched everywhere for it.

Just extract it from Cnexus' odex stock rooted ROM or try dirty flashing that ROM.

If you have a custom recovery, the OTA will never succeed in upgrading your phone.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ??? & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot
senygy6y.jpg

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013

You have to be 100% stock to run the OTA. If you're rooted, it means you have custom recovery, yes? I haven't heard of the ddexe, but have heard of the OTA failing because of root/CWM. If you're rooted, and don't care about knox, and want the latest, just flash the tar through Odin, and call it a day :) That's what I'd do, and it would make life SO much easier than trying to change files in bin...good luck!

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You have to be 100% stock to run the OTA. If you're rooted, it means you have custom recovery, yes? I haven't heard of the ddexe, but have heard of the OTA failing because of root/CWM. If you're rooted, and don't care about knox, and want the latest, just flash the tar through Odin, and call it a day :) That's what I'd do, and it would make life SO much easier than trying to change files in bin...good luck!