Please help! Stuck at boot screen!

Search This thread

krazykevin76

Apr 3, 2009
Ok, with all my wifi issues I tried a file called jfltevzw-wififix-FN2-NC2-w-modules.zip, as suggested through out the forum. I booted into recovery and installed the NC2 modem and then the fix file mentioned above. When I rebooted, I got hung at the unauthorized verizon software, take your phone back to verizon. I then tried to odin back to stock and start over. I'm on the MDK bootloader and (had) twrp installed. I got into odin and tried to install a stock no wipe rom. This one: VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.md5. In odin I tried installing this file, but instead of PDA, I did it in bootloader. Now, when I reboot my phone, I see the samsung splash screen, then the verizon splash screen and then it just sits there. I see animation on the verizon logo, but after 15min, I pulled the battery. Also, if I hold vol up and power on, I don't have TWRP, it just goes to the samsung splash, then verizon splash screen. I googled and searched but can find nothing on this situation. When I do start up my phone, I still shows custon unlocked screen before the samsung and verizon logos. How do I start over?

krazykevin76

Apr 3, 2009
Just an update on my situation, after further attempts of fixing my phone, if I hold vol up and the power button, I can get into some sort of recovery. Its not my normal TWRP blue screen its just a small menu of items to choose from, in tiny blue writing. Hopefully this helps in someone suggesting something.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
You're gonna need to flash the full wipe mdk tar to get your system to boot again. Then reroot via towelroot and install TWRP via Flashify. I would then suggest flashing the last NC5 modem.

Do not use those WiFi fix zips if you're on MDK, they're for Safestrap users only. What that zip did was upgrade your modem and nonhlos to nc2. Sometimes it will still boot but you'll have no audio and sometimes it soft bricks your phone.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

If you have WiFi issues with a rom you flashed, PM me and I will help.

ebsk8er06

Sep 26, 2013
Just an update on my situation, after further attempts of fixing my phone, if I hold vol up and the power button, I can get into some sort of recovery. Its not my normal TWRP blue screen its just a small menu of items to choose from, in tiny blue writing. Hopefully this helps in someone suggesting something.
If you don't wanr to mess with Odin again since you can get into stock reovery do a factory reset and it should boot