[TUT] Enable Bookmark sync in CM11 KitKat 4.4.2 AOSP Browser

Search This thread

fiswany

Sep 20, 2014
thumbs up for the good work

works great for me .. :good:
bt wht abt syncing history from another signed devices ?? i only get the history of the local browsing .. any idea ??

aha360

Jan 10, 2014
i know this is an old thread already but would anyone happen to know a version that works with lollipop (LP)? flashed the one on the OP on my LG G3, stock LP rom. the option is there in accounts & sync but when i open the stock browser and navigate to bookmarks, the browser FCs. i've tried clearing caches and rebooting my device.
This APK does the trick on ANY ROM to date and on any phone to date, including the LG G3, which I had before it broke down!

I can confirm this as I have tried it on the Samsung Galaxy S3 on NamelessROM, the S3 mini and LG G3 on CM12/CM12.1 myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To enable Bookmarks sync in CM 11 4.4.2 AOSP Browser, install the attached apk as a normal app, then go to accounts- Google and check "Browser". That's it, now your bookmarks will sync with the browser.
    Works on Asus Transformer TF700. But why is it needed? It used to be standard Android feature.

Yes, but starting with Android 4.4, they've removed it...i don't know the reason, maybe they wanted us to use Chrome.