Where does gear save the backup?

Search This thread

skitapa

Apr 19, 2011
I installed galaxy gear on my gt-i9505 s4 with cm11. I got it working at first but could not use gears notification system but used ATN manager. In my striving to get the most out of it, I tried to factory restore the gear, and now gear manager asks me every time to either reset it or restore the backup it has. Now both of these fail. And because it worked the first time when there was no backup I wish to find the directory where Gear manager keeps the saved data. I have so far not been able to find it. It's not any of the preinstalls from the gear manager, not from gear manager itself nor is it fetched from a server. So where is it? Could someone point me in the right direction?

sikatat

May 9, 2009
spring hill
I installed galaxy gear on my gt-i9505 s4 with cm11. I got it working at first but could not use gears notification system but used ATN manager. In my striving to get the most out of it, I tried to factory restore the gear, and now gear manager asks me every time to either reset it or restore the backup it has. Now both of these fail. And because it worked the first time when there was no backup I wish to find the directory where Gear manager keeps the saved data. I have so far not been able to find it. It's not any of the preinstalls from the gear manager, not from gear manager itself nor is it fetched from a server. So where is it? Could someone point me in the right direction?

I had the same issues I deleted .BTManager_backup on the root of the sdcard on my HTC one and it was able to work correctly again with out asking to restore or reset.

Last edited:

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I had the same issues I deleted .BTManager_backup on the root of the sdcard on my HTC one and it was able to work correctly again with out asking to restore or reset.

Thanks man. Been looking for this all night. So once removed the gear will connect without any of those pesky options but do you see any issues? Does the setting app show up on gear manager?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

skitapa

Apr 19, 2011
Thanks man. Been looking for this all night. So once removed the gear will connect without any of those pesky options but do you see any issues? Does the setting app show up on gear manager?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Settings app? I can set things in gear manager like what the power button does and such if that is what you mean.

Namic550

Oct 22, 2014
Here is the location

data/data/com.samsung.android.hostmanager/files/ backup/Gear2

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-22-16-37-15-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-22-16-37-15-1.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 368

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.