bloatware

Search This thread

AE1282

Nov 30, 2013
Now that I'm rooted, I've gotten rid of the Sprint and HTC boat, but I'm still having a problem getting rid of the Google play crap.... Any suggestions ?

AE1282

Nov 30, 2013
Right, keep, music, and plus and having multiple instances of the framework are what makes the phone work.... I suppose android system is just there to drain the power, not for any functional reason

adam.kelly2

Apr 26, 2012
Olympia, WA
Get titanium backup, uninstall what you want

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This

If you have root access you should really have Titanium Backup Pro. And if you don't feel comfortable uninstalling certain programs you can freeze them. Does the same thing but instead of uninstalling the program it just hides it from the system as if its not there, and you can always unfreeze it down the road if it causes you problems.

R

Rirere

Or flash an AOSP ROM, but you lose Sense. +1 to above for using Titanium Backup. If you're feeling gutsy, you could use a file explorer with root privileges and dive into /system/app, but regardless, you should be careful. Oftentimes, OEM ROMs have Google-specific components actively built into the framework, so take care not to remove anything that kills your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get titanium backup, uninstall what you want

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app