[Q] Ok, we have root. How do we keep it?

Search This thread

Philyteach

Nov 20, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A12
Serious question. I've had root on my android since the day the Evo came out. This long wait for the S5 was killing me. Now that we have root, what precautions do we have to take to be sure we don't get an update that will kill it? I seem to remember a program called fota killer or something like that for the Evo. Do we need that (or something similar) for the S5?

DXL007

Jan 5, 2005
Jacksonville
Serious question. I've had root on my android since the day the Evo came out. This long wait for the S5 was killing me. Now that we have root, what precautions do we have to take to be sure we don't get an update that will kill it? I seem to remember a program called fota killer or something like that for the Evo. Do we need that (or something similar) for the S5?

There is an option in SuperSU called Survival Mode. Check that Box and that should keep root for you even through and OTA.

Reactions: Philyteach

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This question has been beaten like a dead horse on XDA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

Sometimes it is easier to tell people to use the search function, sometimes it is easier just to answer their question.

There is an option in SuperSU called Survival Mode. Check that Box and that should keep root for you even through and OTA.
    Additionally find the software update service in Titanium Backup and freeze it.
    Freeze att update server apk or whatever it's called.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    This question has been beaten like a dead horse on XDA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

So, just out of curiosity, since you managed to add nothing useful to the thread, how many of those questions had to do with the ATT version of the S5 running KitKat and Towelroot'ed?

Yeah, that's what I thought.