Gear Fit constant reboot

Search This thread

MrClean69

Feb 16, 2009
KC
I took my Gear Fit off and put it on my nightstand while I took a shower, when I came back out it was in a constant reboot. I know it was charged since I had done that last night.

I tried everything I could think of, holding the power button didn't seem to do anything. What finally got it out of the reboot was hooking it up to the charger and holding the power button until I felt it vibrate twice. I had tried that earlier, but only felt one vibration and let go of the power button. So if anyone experiences this behavior, hold the power button until you feel two vibrations and hopefully yours will come back up as well.

I did have to pair it with my phone again, but all my settings were still in Fit Manager. Only had to switch screen rotation and wallpaper.

Reactions: chumpalunski

chumpalunski

Jul 27, 2009
ATL
Mine has done the same. Did it while charging. Rebooted itself and got stuck in a constant rebooting loop. I used odin to reset by flashing the firmware. It worked. Your method is a lot less time consuming.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

SwePinnen

May 23, 2014
Get in download mode and reflash firmware thru odin.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

I have searched through the forums but I have not been able to find out how you did it, so...I have to ask:
what version of odin did you use and where did you find the stock rom file for SM-R3500?
When i try to connect to kies via usb it freezes my computer so I guess that You did not use Kies at all?
Sorry for being a noob! :)

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
I have searched through the forums but I have not been able to find out how you did it, so...I have to ask:
what version of odin did you use and where did you find the stock rom file for SM-R3500?
When i try to connect to kies via usb it freezes my computer so I guess that You did not use Kies at all?
Sorry for being a noob! :)

Why do not you use the Search button :confused: And also In Gear Fit section is not so many threads so it's easy to find something. :good:

dmcgeogs

Apr 25, 2013
Ugh my PC is broke so I can't flash it and the first method isn't working :(

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

madlerza

Aug 14, 2014
This may help

Ok so I had the same problem as you all with gear fit constantly rebooting. Here is how I resolved it:

1) Download KIES (It is a sumsung app which you can use to update the firmware on the gear fit)
2) Once dowloaded, you need to get a cable to attach the end of the charger to a USB port on the computer
3) When the gear fit says "Rebooting" on the bottom of the screen. Press the button 5 times.
4) It should then give you 2 options. Continue and Dowload. press the button one to scroll down to "DOWNLOAD" then press and hold the button for 3 seconds. A screen will come up saying the fit is downloading.
5) Open KIES.
6) In the tools menu go to firmware upgrade and initialization
7) Follow the steps. It will ask you for information on the back of the gear fit.
8) Connect the gear fit to the computer when KIES asks you to.
9) It will then download the firmware and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps

Reactions: rykatemom

superstunter

Aug 20, 2014
gear stuck in reboot

Try this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-19-23-16-19-1.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-19-23-16-19-1.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 6,417
Reactions: macjr82

rykatemom

Sep 29, 2011
Pacific
THANK YOU!!! I couldn't get my Fit into Download Mode, but with your instructions, I got it to enter it! I'm going to do the upgrade tomorrow morning. Thank you so much!

Kelly

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Verizon)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

tnnm

Dec 26, 2006
What did you enter in Kies for the Model #? I have tried what is on the back of my gear (SM-R350) as well as two variations I have found online (SM-R3500 and SM-R3500ZKAXAR) and Gear, Gear Fit, GEARFIT, etc. and every time Kies says it cannot verify. Any help would be wonderful!

LoopyMind

Oct 17, 2012
Rotterdam
Gear Fit boot loop / Odin stuck in "NAND writestart!!!", flash fails...

at the time of posting this, ODIN 3.10.6 was the latest version, and the ONLY version of ODIN to actually be able to flash my Gear Fit with new firmware after the Gear Fit got stuck in a boot loop.
I used the R350XXU0BNG2_R350OXA0BND8 firmware, but there might be newer versions already I'm guessing since the first thing my Gear Fit wanted, was the latest firmware as soon as it was reunited with my S4 :)

So if your ODIN get's stuck on the "NAND write start!!!" bit and then fails, check your version (3.07 and 3.09 didn't work for me).
Btw, if ODIN get's stuck at that point and your Gear Fit is showing a progress-bar, it's okay to remove your Gear Fit,
the actual flashing process hasn't started then and you wont brick your Gear Fit.

DO NOT REMOVE YOUR GEAR FIT WHEN THE FLASHING IS ACTUALLY IN PROGRESS!!!!!

jirkaking

Oct 13, 2007
Quick Summary, all from that post/tutorial:
The 5x button tap and 3 second hold into Download mode
Using Odin v3.09 (3.10 did not work -- had to be 3.09. Fickle fickle.)
Using the firmware files linked here (even though they are old):
dropbox. com/s/h03xk0hppxvwsb4/r350xxu0bnd8.rar
Loading up the BL/AP/CSC files, respectively, and changing none of the settings
Plugging the Fit into the PC, including trying a variety of cable, port, and timing combinations (Again, so fickle. Just keep messing with it until Odin recognizes the COM port.)
Starting, waiting, restarting Odin when it got stuck, restarting the Fit when it got stuck again, generally just trying the same instructions multiple times until everything cooperated.
Eventually, it downloaded and the Fit restart to factory new. Now time to update the firmware the normal way, through Gear Fit Manager.

So, that's what worked for me. Good luck to everyone else!

MistyBE

Mar 12, 2017
Thank you! I actually had to hold my button down for over 30 seconds before it stopped rebooting. I was on the phone with Samsung support - NO HELP! and had already got a return label from Amazon to return it - very kind option, when I saw this forum. Glad I did. Now I still have my watch and it works!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I took my Gear Fit off and put it on my nightstand while I took a shower, when I came back out it was in a constant reboot. I know it was charged since I had done that last night.

I tried everything I could think of, holding the power button didn't seem to do anything. What finally got it out of the reboot was hooking it up to the charger and holding the power button until I felt it vibrate twice. I had tried that earlier, but only felt one vibration and let go of the power button. So if anyone experiences this behavior, hold the power button until you feel two vibrations and hopefully yours will come back up as well.

I did have to pair it with my phone again, but all my settings were still in Fit Manager. Only had to switch screen rotation and wallpaper.
    This may help

Ok so I had the same problem as you all with gear fit constantly rebooting. Here is how I resolved it:

1) Download KIES (It is a sumsung app which you can use to update the firmware on the gear fit)
    2) Once dowloaded, you need to get a cable to attach the end of the charger to a USB port on the computer
    3) When the gear fit says "Rebooting" on the bottom of the screen. Press the button 5 times.
    4) It should then give you 2 options. Continue and Dowload. press the button one to scroll down to "DOWNLOAD" then press and hold the button for 3 seconds. A screen will come up saying the fit is downloading.
    5) Open KIES.
    6) In the tools menu go to firmware upgrade and initialization
    7) Follow the steps. It will ask you for information on the back of the gear fit.
    8) Connect the gear fit to the computer when KIES asks you to.
    9) It will then download the firmware and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps
    gear stuck in reboot

Try this