[ROOT] ROOT DROID RAZR XT910/XT912 [Win/Mac/Linux][2.3.6][ICS]

Search This thread

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
howto-root-droidrazr-ics-10-690x422.jpg

For ICS, here's NOOB-PROOF, FAIL-PROOF, video tutorials for Windows, Mac and Linux:

Windows Droid Razr ICS Root

Mac Droid Razr ICS Root

Linux Droid Razr ICS Root

Download Rooting files (for all Windows, Mac, and Linux!)

All exploit credits goto XDA user DJrBliss Dan Rosenberg! and no one else.

=========BELOW IS FOR Android 2.3.6==================================
Here's root + recovery for Win Mac and Linux on Gingerbread Android 2.3.6 (should work on all Gingerbread)

Sorry YouTube terminated my account, you can still see step-by-step photos here on my site.

Download for Windows:
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/DroidRazr/rooting/motofail_windows.zip

Download Mac/Linux: (DO ./run.sh in terminal)
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/DroidRazr/rooting/motofail_linux_osx.zip

Drivers for Windows:
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/DroidRazr/drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.53_Driver_5.2.0.exe

=========BELOW IS OLD==================================
I simply modified the original here and re-wrote it for Linux and Mac.

Video tutorial:

No drivers needed for Mac and Linux!

Download files here:
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/DroidRazr/rooting/DroidRazrRootMacLinux.zip

Open up a terminal in your computer and use cd command to browse to the DroidRazrRootMacLinux directory:

cd Downloads/DroidRazrRootMacLinux

For Linux, type:

sh runmelinux.sh

or

sudo sh runmelinux.sh

For Mac, type:

sh runmemac.sh

That's it!

=========ABOVE IS OLD==================================

Last edited by a moderator:

Mootarjim

Jan 10, 2011
Washington DC
Hi...sorry for the noob-ish question, but when I type this command into my Mac terminal, I get the following error message:

-bash: cd: Downloads/DroidRazrRootMacLinux: No such file or directory

Now, the downloaded file is DEFINITELY in my Downloads folder, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I was able to follow directions pretty well when I rooted my Thunderbolt using the terminal and some adb commands. Do you have any thoughts you might want to share? I appreciate your help.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Never mind. I don't mind admitting I'm an idiot. I went ahead and unzipped the downloaded file and all is right with the world. I'm the proud owner of a rooted Razr. Thanks for your work on this, and thanks for sharing.

Mootarjim

Jan 10, 2011
Washington DC
Hi...sorry for the noob-ish question, but when I type this command into my Mac terminal, I get the following error message:

-bash: cd: Downloads/DroidRazrRootMacLinux: No such file or directory

Now, the downloaded file is DEFINITELY in my Downloads folder, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I was able to follow directions pretty well when I rooted my Thunderbolt using the terminal and some adb commands. Do you have any thoughts you might want to share? I appreciate your help.

chasmccl

Aug 27, 2010
Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
I can't get the method to work on my new Droid Razr from my Mac. All I get is a message on the bash screen - "daemon started successfully" - Then nothing. I opened the file, checked all the comments - unplugged and re-started my USB cable (charge only) - no activity. Thoughts?

Charlie McClain, PhD, JD

chasmccl

Aug 27, 2010
Zedo

I can't get the method to work on my new Droid Razr from my Mac. All I get is a message on the bash screen - "daemon started successfully" - Then nothing. I opened the file, checked all the comments - unplugged and re-started my USB cable (charge only) - no activity. When I run the rootkit from my Downloads directory, the message says "--- WAITING FOR DEVICE" but, no other action. Thoughts?

Charlie McClain, PhD, JD

Charlie McClain, PhD, JD

BigMac696

Oct 13, 2007
work fine on GSM Razr

Hi,

work fine with me on razr GSM an Macbook pro.

I am from Saudi Arabia and my razr support arabic too.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: A.J

Mootarjim

Jan 10, 2011
Washington DC
BigMac696: Sure wish I could get Arabic on my Razr here in the US. That's the one thing I miss coming from my rooted HTC Thunderbolt.
أنا مش عارف ليش ما حطوا لنا العربية بس أنا أفتقدها مرة
إن شاء الله تيجينا العربية هنا مع التحديث الجاي

davidws

Jun 2, 2010
London
This method is not compatible with 651.150.1.xt910.retail.en.eu yet

Correct?

EDIT: Answer is no

Last edited:

BigBlue007

Nov 16, 2003
Well, if the question is whether this method is NOT compatible with this version, the correct answer would be "yes", because it's indeed not compatible. :D

Top Liked Posts