[NAND] ZeamDroid v7.2.1 + USB Tether [12 Jan 2013]

Search This thread

LOC9493

Apr 20, 2011
I installed Zeamdroid V5 successfully in one shot, but it's seem slow on my phone rather than V4 or Godroid, the animation seem to delay more than other ver. I'm keep on testing, Thanks for your awesome work.

Reactions: aLT-bug

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
I installed Zeamdroid V5 successfully in one shot, but it's seem slow on my phone rather than V4 or Godroid, the animation seem to delay more than other ver. I'm keep on testing, Thanks for your awesome work.

The rom works better than version v4. The first boot with V4 seemed to be quicker because you did it with midnight kernel in ext3 format, despite after you replaced midnight kernel for turbo kernel before the second reboot.

Now with V5 we always work with turbo kernel in ext2 format for better performance and stability.

After Froyo is charged, the OS speed is the same than others ext3 roms (Quadrant score is around 700).

Best.

Last edited:

ashwin1234

Sep 3, 2011
Just wanted to check one thing. Does the music player play the songs without lag? The last EXT2 ROM I tried lagged when playing music. But the EXT3 never lagged.

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Just wanted to check one thing. Does the music player play the songs without lag? The last EXT2 ROM I tried lagged when playing music. But the EXT3 never lagged.

No lag at all (well, if you use heavily your mobile while you listen music maybe, but if this happen you can use a task killer like Advanced Task Killer [agressive setting] for releasing memory or killing all apps apart music when the screen is off).

Listen music from your ZeamDroid phone with the default music app, or from other computers via streamming using Audiogalaxy. My favourite music player app is PowerAmp but cost 3,5€.

Best.

Last edited:

hhenault

Oct 9, 2009
Paris
Hi kuskro,

Switched from goDroid to zeamDroid, as you suggested.

Installation was straight forward.

Have been using it for a week, no problem, the look is nice.:)

Same remark as 'LOC9493', seems rather slightly slower than goDroid ...

Q : does the zeamDroid's kernel support loop devices ? (message 'no such device' when trying a 'losetup', or a 'mount -o loop ...')

Reactions: aLT-bug and kuskro

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Hi kuskro,

Switched from goDroid to zeamDroid, as you suggested.

Installation was straight forward.

Have been using it for a week, no problem, the look is nice.:)

Same remark as 'LOC9493', seems rather slightly slower than goDroid ...

Q : does the zeamDroid's kernel support loop devices ? (message 'no such device' when trying a 'losetup', or a 'mount -o loop ...')

Hi friend, this rom is almost the same than GoDroid. The reason why it seems a bit slower it's because of ext2 and the turbo kernel. I came back to ext2 format because we save a bit of battery and the rom is more stable.

Turbo kernel doesn't included the ext2.ko and unionfs.ko to merge folders so you can't create a block area with img file from android console. But you can run img files in the boot.

Last edited:

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
Rootfs is a loop device,so if it boots,it can mount loop devices..
pheraps change loop to loop1 or loop2

revol5

Aug 19, 2007
Seoul
System is getting slower

As I using the Zeam droid, it was fast from the boot but it's getting slower and slower. (3G and wifi on)

Even I did nothing after boot, came slower either.
But one thing is sure that battery life goes well.

Can't find any reason to get slower.
I have manage the running program by autotask killer app.

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
It's strange. Have you noticed a reboot when you change between 3g and 2g? Have you updated the Zeam Launcher?

Try another SD just to check or format the SD (with 4k cluster size). If you have used the SD with ext3 roms for long time, it's could damage the SD.

Normally I don't use 3G, but using 2G and wifi my xperia works quite well with ZeamDroid.

Try to uninstall Load Monitor and install Advanced Task Killer (use aggressive autokill setting).

Best.

Last edited:

rhmjmango

Feb 8, 2010
Doetinchem
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
2 issues that puzzles me

I have two issues that i am puzzled about.
1. I can not make phonecalls. Everytime i want to connect a contact the transmission goes dead within a second. Wonder why?

2. Music is mono. Is there a way to make it stereo as it should be?

I hope someone can help me out.:)

mrconfius

Oct 30, 2010
Kota Bharu
Android.process.acore has stopped please try again

Need little help here.....
i used this rom firstly that really awesome after 1day a got this notice "Android.process.acore has stopped please try again" what i can do is reflash again n again....
i hope any solution for these problem...

Last edited:

ueharaf

Dec 28, 2010
battery bug

hi kuskro
thanks for the work
im been using your rom since 2 to 3 weeks only to have whatsapp and always charging.
my main problem is the battery drain issues, i dont know if it is a bug, just when it is in 50% automatically shutdown, then i power on and on windows mobile i have 3% of battery!
My battery life is arround 6 hours with data off,gps off, bluetooth off, wifi off, screnn brightnes minimun,i use CPU tunner to have "extreme powersave" profile.

Your rom is very stable, only once i get the well known android.process.acore bug/issue so i deleted the folder of gmail contacts from the partitions of the sdcar, was easy cause i have ubuntu, and i can see all the partitions that are created.

sorry for my english, im not american.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Need little help here.....
i used this rom firstly that really awesome after 1day a got this notice "Android.process.acore has stopped please try again" what i can do is reflash again n again....
i hope any solution for these problem...

i posted a kind of solution below your post
there is a lot of posibl solutions
now:
if you have installed facebook app, that might be the problem,so

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1470862

wich says:
solved the "android.process.acore" problem
hey .
i hope it would help the most of us.
its propebly is contects problem , that raises from syncing with facebook.

1. uninstalled facebook app.
2. got into app manager -> contacts storage, and pressed "clear data".

im not sure how but the problem disappeared.
let me know how it worked for u guys.

then there is alot of fixes
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1376705

i did the option 4

) If you can, go to /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/ and move or rename the folder databases. The system will immediately rebuild the database and rewrite it back to that location and your process.acore should stop. (you'll need something like root explorer to do so...though you could adb it from your computer)

so, that is a partition of your sd car, the partition called: data.
if you have linux as me, you should delete that folder easy, if you are in windows there are program that let you visualize ext2 partitions.

i hope you can solve it!!

good luck!!

sorry for my english!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SqH7JD2W
    2KvD1znT

[NAND] ZeamDroid v7.2.1 GB 2.3.7 Build [20130112]

Kernel: CoolrunnerII's experimental kernel 20130107 (boot_LCD_Power_off.img)
    Launcher: Zeam Launcher v_3.1.10

After following different ROMs for my Xperia x1, I’ve decided to add my reviews to a minimalist ROM based on the current Xperia X1 CyanogenMod nand roms. So, all merits and credits ought to go to CyanogenMod Team, CoolrunnerII, jerrytan93 and zargloub.

Modifications included that I consider fundamental respect advances made in other roms:

- A minimalistic launcher designed for minimal memory usage, lightweight and stability (less battery consumption and more battery life).
    - Battery icon shows % sync.
    - Bootanimation changed.
    - No overheating.
    - USB-tether compatibility (with EasyTetherPro.apk).
    - Market problems solved.
    - Hardware keys problem caused by suspend process and screen locker solved.
    - LED Notifications Controller (Light Flow Lite).
    - GPS working in good conditions (GPS aids added).
    - Wifi problem caused by market and suspend process solved (except WEP).

As usual, you'll be responsible of any damage because of installing it on your Xperia X1, sorry for the inconvenience this experimental project could cause to your cell.

The rom is so stable and reliable, and Zeam Launcher is the launcher which consumes less battery. This rom is in good conditions for daily using if you follow properly the rom installation instructions.

HOW TO:

a. Download the bundle: “ZeamDroid_v7.2.1.zip”. (NOTE: Please check the downloaded file name because some web browser rename them adding a space bar between the dot and the file extension, for example: "ZeamDroid_v7.2.1.^zip".)
    b. Remove the SIM card till the installation will finish, set it always after second reboot. (Very Important).
    c. Enabling to boot with SD card inserted: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24590744&postcount=337
    d. Install the rom following the next instructions to have ready your phone to have a nand rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329379
    e. Make a full wiped: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22586989&postcount=3
    f. And install the rom with CWM recovery.

*01. Before first reboot (first time boot into Android):

a. Be patient, wait till the build will be fully installed.
    b. Choose 'Default Activity' in the first boot but do not add any google account (leave the action for the second reboot). You may click on the left-top keypad pressbutton to change from landscape screen position to portrait.
    c. Choose Zeam Launcher as default launcher (After second reboot you can choose RippleLock as default to have this screen locker working).
    d. Do not enable wifi till second reboot, please.
    e. Disable Market Updater (you can jump this step if you want the market to be updated to google play):
    ---> Open Terminal Emulator app and type the following command in the terminal emulator:
    ---> su *PRESS ENTER*
    ---> pm disable com.android.vending.updater *PRESS ENTER AGAIN*
    f. Go to “Settings > Display > Brightness >" and adjust a different brightness of the screen (you can control it with Quicksettings status bar shortcut, I recommend it) . For better performance disable "auto-rotate screen" and "animations", too.
    g. Go to “Settings > Location & Security >”, uncheck “Use GPS satellites”. GPS does work but it interferes on the Wifi, so do not use both together.
    h. Go to "Settings > Call Settings >", uncheck "In-call touch UI".
    i. Open 'Auto Mount' app and check 'Enable SD card Auto-Mounting' (This let you gain access to your mobile SD card from PC).
    j. With "Light Flow Lite" app we can disable the annoying LED notifications but before making changes over notifications leds disable the app temporarily. On Settings, set "direct mode", enable "run it in foreground", create a shortcut on the status bar. Then, on Notifications, enable all notifications and disable all the notifications light. After, to apply the changes, enable the app and turn off the screen. (Note: the app has a sleep mode that disable all leds).
    k. Reboot.

*02. After first reboot:

a. Now you can add a google account via wifi, but be sure you sync your emails, calendar, picasa and contacts before continuing with the rest.
    b. Go to Zeam Launcher Preferences and restart the launcher. Now you will able to access to the market. When you open the market for the first time you get bombarded with the apps' updates because it's something automatic, it's not my fault, it is something about the old market version installed but it happens only once. So, it's good to go inside of the market and uncheck the updates for all apps.
    c. Power off and insert now the SIM card.
    d. Charge the battery till 100%, remove the battery stats via recovery and let the phone discharges the battery completely before plug it again to AC. Whereby your are going to have better battery control. It's only necessary once or when you replace the battery for a new one. The battery measurement are better after several charging and discharging, don't expect to have it working from the beginning.
    e. That's all folks.

NOTES:
    * The mobile signal are settled on UMTS-WCDMA by default (it saves battery), so if you had sim troubles because of your provider only support UMTS-HSDPA/HSUPA, you should modify the command line ro.ril.hsxpa=0 to ro.ril.hsxpa=2 on /system/build.prop file with a file explorer like Root Explorer or Astro or ES File Explorer (free).
    * For this rom I've used a very old market version because the modern ones interfere with wifi, so if we want a wifi working we need an old market version. Do not update the market version because you will have wifi problems.
    * If you want better battery performance, uninstall any Taskmanager you've already installed and use FastReboot, instead.
    * GAPPS had already included in this build, so no need to flash the zip separately.
    * If you don't follow the Elibl instructions to able booting with SD card inserted, you'll have to remove your SD card before booting each time when you'll reboot the device.
    * Battery Monitor Widget Pro is the best option to know about your battery behavior.
    * Let me remind you that it is important remove the SIM card before installing any rom and wait till everything is done to use the sim card.
    * The battery works for a day and a half if you disable wifi and 3G, instead use 2G all day long (enough for whatsapp and gmail). Please, only use wifi when you need it but after disabling it for avoiding drain the battery.

Screenshots:
    ...and most important is DID YOU ASK FOR PERMISSION??

Yes, I did.

Best.
    New bundle.

Changelog ZeamDroid v.4

Included the new Zeam Launcher 3.1.9:

--->Fixed folder force close.
    --->Fixed wallpaper offset bug.
    --->Apps grid horizontal paging spacing tweak.
    --->Apps grid vertical scrolling tweak.
    --->Dock items slightly scaled up.
    --->Other minor fixes and improvements.

Best.
    tryed and working really good, but battery drain is still too high :(

Well, try to use always a 2G data network (GPRS and Edge network is enough for whatsapp and gmail) and uninstall "Load Monitor". Disable Vending Updater and only sync gmail and whatsapp.

I did with this rom what I'm able. This rom is working with ext3 format without journaling, so it wastes less battery. At the same time, it is working with the lowest memory usage system because of Zeam Launcher and the framework I used.

So, it works smoothly and quickly as other ext3 roms.

I tried other ext3 roms just to compare the battery usage, and with this rom I save around a 30%.

Best.
    New release: “ZeamDroid_v7.0.9.zip

Changelog:

1. I deleted "LEDmeknow" app and I did small changes to included "Light Flow Lite" to control the LED notifications. This app has a sleep mode that disable all led notifications but you lose the "missing call" notifications, instead you can modify each notifications one by one. Take care and do not play too much with this app, set "direct mode", disable "run it in foreground" and before making changes disable the app temporarily and enable later.

2. Modified the default settings for the "Phone ringtone" to avoid the microphone problems in received calls.The bug is still there but by default the "Phone ringtone" is not in "silent" mode. I've already created a new TelephonyProvider.apk which solves this problem completely but I didn't include in this release because it has other bugs to be solved.

3. Now you can set CPU tuner frequency on 614max. and 19min.

The rom is pretty stable and reliable. No overheat, better battery consume control. I tried to do my best on it.

Best.