Note 2 camera vs note 3 camera

Search This thread

rickm8384

Sep 6, 2011
New York
Am I the only one who finds the camera on my note 2 way better than the note 3 camera?? Do I have a lemon?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
Am I the only one who finds the camera on my note 2 way better than the note 3 camera?? Do I have a lemon?

I'm going to vote for lemon. I did not have a Note2 or Galaxy3 but I started with the HTC Hero and am currently on a Note3 and have probably had 15 devices in between. The Note3 camera has performed for me pretty much identically to my S4 camera which performed significantly better than my S2 camera, which was the first phone camera that got me to ditch a point and shoot and only keep a DSLR on hand for serious photography projects.

As amazing as these cameras are they are still pretty fallible...the sensors aren't huge and the lenses are kinda lacking. But all said, they produce shocking amazing photographs in most situations given that these are all-in-one devices (which have historically been "the worst at every function but, hey, it does all of them")

Setting up test scenarios can be difficult given the amount of variables that could be involved.

All said, I'd have to say that you might have a lemon on your hands. It happens. We hear about these one-off cases all the time on XDA. They often start flame wars. Tens of millions of these devices are produced in different production runs. I work in manufacturing...no two runs (or items in any given run) are ever completely identical. Even though I have always gotten the best-in-show of each device I've ever gotten and had no problems that I've heard described--hey, I've been very lucky so far--I know that, statistically speaking, there is a chance that I turn up a dud.

On the bright side, statistically speaking, you've gotten that out of the way and should have a long spell of good luck with statistically insignificant defects.

Caveat: YMMV

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas

You are correct , the note 3 camera sucks.
I came from a HTC one and it blows the note 3 out the water. Even my s2 was better then this.
The note 3 camera takes fair pic in bright light, but indoors is crap.
They all look gainy and flat.

I knew the camera wasn't going or be all that but like so much other things about the phone that I got it anyway.
I hope they can do a patch to fix the camera but I think it's hardware and not software.

And for those that say it must be my phone its not. My girls is the same and the reviews pics I see on the net are the same.

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
My phone takes clear images. It has its days though when I'm inside and it looks crappy it looks crystal clear outside though and dark even zoomed in at 4x video and pictures look great outdoors indoors ehh like I said has its moments where I capture a good picture

cun7

Feb 13, 2014

Turn of the "tap to take a picture" setting in your camera app....

I would be willing to bet your gripe here is that your pictures are blurry, that is likely why. And turn on image stabilization.

Best of luck

jcannon318

Oct 6, 2012
I'd say u have a lemon. Had the note 2 and note 3 and I will say note 3 is the best camera I've used personally on a smart phone

Sent from my ZeroLemon Powered Galaxy Note 3

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
Turn of the "tap to take a picture" setting in your camera app....

I would be willing to bet your gripe here is that your pictures are blurry, that is likely why. And turn on image stabilization.

Best of luck
tap to take photo is off by default.

I'd say u have a lemon. Had the note 2 and note 3 and I will say note 3 is the best camera I've used personally on a smart phone

Sent from my ZeroLemon Powered Galaxy Note 3
And I doubt there is that many lemons out there.
go into your bathroom and take a pic of something. Then take that same item and go outside in the bright light and take a pic. You can clearly see the indoors pic is crap.

also all this is without flash. Flash helps alot but not all pictures you need flash.