[APP] Remote

Search This thread

DeathLamp

Feb 28, 2011
Today I want to present my new app, I'm currently working on: Remote.

What it does:

Remote allows you to access and control your computer from anywhere.
It comes with a server-application for your PC.
You can scroll through all your files, start them and you are also able to close/maximize and start applications on your computer from your phone.
Depending on which application is in foreground, user-defined key-combinations,commands and folders are displayed.
So for example, when vlc is active, your media-folder and key-combinations to Pause/Play and Fullscreen are displayed.

Later versions will feature a option to transfer files to your phone.

Remote isn't finished yet, I'm currently working on the performance and key-combinations.
The design also isn't finished yet, but the app is intended to feel like an official app.
When finished, Remote will be available for free!

Please give some input and critics or ideas for features :)

04.04.2011: Added Fileextensions (see "fileex.png") and DirectoryContentCounter (see "files.png")
09.04.2011: Added Favorites and also fixed the performance problem caused by contextmenues (see "favorites.png")

Sincerly
DeathLamp

UPDATE: The App has been published! (Long time ago but it seems that newswriters only read the first post :D)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 970
  • computers.PNG
    computers.PNG
    25.1 KB · Views: 912
  • apps.PNG
    apps.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 841
  • addcomputer.PNG
    addcomputer.PNG
    35.8 KB · Views: 772
  • fileex.jpg
    fileex.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 819
  • files.PNG
    files.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 735
  • favorites.PNG
    favorites.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:
Reactions: joesan and wbadry

barrychon

Nov 3, 2005
Germantown
looks good. off/on topic, can you also create a program like MyMobiler? Basically it allows you to control the phone from you cpu?

Thanks

Last edited:

DeathLamp

Feb 28, 2011
looks good. off/on topic, can you also create a program like MyMobiler? Basically it allows you to control the phone from you cpu?

Thanks

Well I have to disappoint you, because, to my knowledge, it isn't even possible to make screenshot from inside your app. Also it would have to run in the background or else you only could move inside this app, which would be pointless.
So no ;)

Sincerly
DeathLamp

Keefo

Jan 9, 2007
are you going to add like a trackpad to control th mouse??

If yeah, try and make it as responsive as possible! :p

I have Win+CTRL+7 installed ATM, and its ok, but lacks in the mouse department... its just sooooo damn slow! haha

GIPAQ

Dec 27, 2004
Xiaomi 13 Pro

What it does:

You can scroll through all your files, start them and you are also able to close/maximize and start applications on your computer from your phone.
Depending on which application is in foreground, user-defined key-combinations,commands and folders are displayed.
So for example, when vlc is active, your media-folder and key-combinations to Pause/Play and Fullscreen are displayed.

Remote isn't finished yet, I'm currently working on the performance and key-combinations.
The design also isn't finished yet, but the app is intended to feel like an official app.

04.04.2011: Added Fileextensions (see "fileex.png") and DirectoryContentCounter (in same spot as fileexstensions)

Sincerly
DeathLamp

I like the idea, where is the file to download and test it??

DeathLamp

Feb 28, 2011
are you going to add like a trackpad to control th mouse??

If yeah, try and make it as responsive as possible! :p

I have Win+CTRL+7 installed ATM, and its ok, but lacks in the mouse department... its just sooooo damn slow! haha

Maybe in later versions.. though I think about the ability to actually see the selected window on your screen and that you actually can make mouse input by just tapping on that image. Well as I said: maybe in later versions ;)

I like the idea, where is the file to download and test it??

I will release this app on june (beginning). So just be patient as I havent planned to release it "unofficially" :)

DeathLamp

Feb 28, 2011
Would this be able to control playback on Zune?

I wish there was an app that specifically controlled Zune!

I think about it! But I'm not sure whether to directly integrate this in this app or to do a sideproject :)

Update: Added Favorites and improved Performance (see mainpost)
Feel free to comment :)

Sincerly
DeathLamp

Last edited:

Kranked90

Jan 20, 2011
Ich bin sehr gespannt auf die App. Die meisten Remote-Programme kosten entweder zuviel, können zu wenig oder haben sinnlose Funktionen für welche die Entwickler dann auch noch Geld sehen wollen.

Ich bin auf jedenfall gespannt. ;-)

I'm looking forward to see this app. And a big thanks that you're devoloping this app for free. ;-)

DeathLamp

Feb 28, 2011
Well I think the app is now ready to be published, though I want to do some beta-tests first. For this I will need a few testers.
The app is completely written in English, though I think there are some spelling/grammar mistakes.
So the ones who want to test the app: just write a message to me. You need a unlocked phone and a windows computer for the Remote Server!
The app then will be hopefully sent to the marketplace till the end of this week :)

Sincerly
DeathLamp

venumx

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester
www.timothyfenton.com
Well I think the app is now ready to be published, though I want to do some beta-tests first. For this I will need a few testers.
The app is completely written in English, though I think there are some spelling/grammar mistakes.
So the ones who want to test the app: just write a message to me. You need a unlocked phone and a windows computer for the Remote Server!
The app then will be hopefully sent to the marketplace till the end of this week :)

Sincerly
DeathLamp

i can beta test for you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What it does:

04.04.2011: Added Fileextensions (see "fileex.png") and DirectoryContentCounter (see "files.png")
    09.04.2011: Added Favorites and also fixed the performance problem caused by contextmenues (see "favorites.png")

Sincerly
    DeathLamp

UPDATE: The App has been published! (Long time ago but it seems that newswriters only read the first post :D)
    Finally has been published!
    Hope you like it :)