How to access network drive on android.

Search This thread

cooldroid07

Nov 15, 2012
Hello,
I've a network drive connected to my router. I can access those files using a laptop or a desktop but can't acces the drive using Android. So is there a way to do that if yes? Then please help me out.
Thank you.

Sent from my C5302 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: TheMadScientist

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Hello,
I've a network drive connected to my router. I can access those files using a laptop or a desktop but can't acces the drive using Android. So is there a way to do that if yes? Then please help me out.
Thank you.

Try ES File Explorer. It should work with FTP and CIFS (Windows File Sharing Shares) servers.

cooldroid07

Nov 15, 2012
Thank you for the help but It doesn't work tried it earlier.
Please any other ideas?
Thank you.!
P.s- I've a Belkin router.

XP_1

Sep 28, 2010
I have messed with the Belkin routers a bit. They use NAS, and I think in E-File explorer you should select LAN and scan for the server.

Reactions: artical

cooldroid07

Nov 15, 2012
Yeah tried it but failed it says no servers found.! So I don't know what do I do. Can you explain me a bit?
Thank you

mtabzr

Feb 10, 2014
act accordingly;
in ES file explorer tap on the cell pic on the top left side then select Network and go to LAN. Tap on New and in the opened window in the Server field enter the ip address of the PC connected to network through which you want to connect to network, and also you should enter your username and password of the PC too. click OK and you should be fine using created access point.

cooldroid07

Nov 15, 2012
Yeah I tried that but the HDD is connected to the router no the pc!

tytiger

Sep 15, 2012
Torquay
www.coolmediatech.com
Yeah I tried that but the HDD is connected to the router no the pc!

First dumb suggestion: make sure phone is connected to the right wifi/network.

Less dumb question: what model router is it? and are you sure it supports samba and the file system you have the drive formatted to? and make sure it shows up on a PC.

Reason i make these suggestions:
I have a Technicolor TG582n, which has a USB port for doing just this, sadly, however, it only supports FAT32, so if the drive is formatted in anything else such as EXT3 or NTFS, it simply wont work. Another step i have to take is to set up the router to use the drive, by going to the webgui and initialising it (setting it to managed)
Another thing would be to check is if it's not actually sharing the drive over a different protocol such as DLNA/UPnP, in which case, you want an app such as UPNPlay from the market to view the share on your router. though mine also supports SMB so it shows up as TECHNICOLOR\ on my Root Explorer and in the network computers on the computer.

Hope this helps you get to the bottom of it.

Last edited:

aminaweng14

Oct 19, 2015
Hello,
Thank you.

i dont really understand the main point sir,
do i need to get files in the drive using the network? laptop to android?

instal the apk and follow the step :)

Attachments

• Step1.png
    Step1.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 2,657
  • Step2.png
    Step2.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,648

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    Thank you.

I have messed with the Belkin routers a bit. They use NAS, and I think in E-File explorer you should select LAN and scan for the server.