[VIDEO] Sony Xperia Z vs Xperia Z1 vs Xperia Z2

Search This thread

luluchambler

Apr 15, 2014
Great review! :)
Btw. is it just my eyes or is it so that the Z1 has the brightest/contrasty Screen out of the three?

shem2409

Feb 5, 2013
Hull
www.youtube.com
Great review! :)
Btw. is it just my eyes or is it so that the Z1 has the brightest/contrasty Screen out of the three?

For some reason the wallpaper is lighter on Z1. When you look at the video playback on all three they are almost identical. I have been looked closely at all three and the brightness is almost the same. The viewing angles on the Z2 are far superior though.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
almost all camera gadgets are available in market, i have latest timeshift, AR effect(this with sounds), motiongraph and this cool blurred background mode, when you shoot two images and play with background, its a bit buggy but work

iDroid8

Dec 18, 2012
London
I really don't like the lack of soft-touch edge on the Z1/2 like on the Z. I understand the metal frame makes it more durable and more premium, but after holding the Z, the Z1 and up feel incredibly slippery in the hand as a result.

luluchambler

Apr 15, 2014
I generally like the design of the Z better than that of its sucessors.
The soft-touch was great, aluminum is generally a bad idea when there are antennas nearby and it really destroys the look iam loving the Z for right now.

The plain black monolitic all-around, with the frame that is like pebble-blueish when looked at in the sunlight.
Just great imo.

For me the Z1/Z2 are a step back regarding the sleek elegant design that was inherent to the Z, except for a few changes.
The flap-less headphone jack is really the only thing that i really found to be annoying about the Z, and the 3200mah is also a great step forward.

Other than that there isnt really much beside hardware-specs that was improved in my opinion.
Still missing such a feature like IR, maybe with the Z3?

Display was always kinda okayish when looking straight at it, and due to the bad viewing angles i dont need any kind of "privacy-filter" foil or similiar :p
Things that should get improved is the Picture-Quality in dark conditions and in macro-mode i hate that blur-filter that seems to destroy any little detail i was used to see on a lot older devices.
There have been Sony-Ericcson's Cybershot phones that are now pretty much "historical" that took more natural or even in general better looking images.
Its also sad for me to know that my five year old phone takes better macro-shots :(

Anyways, we'll see.

:highfive:

Last edited:

->---

Nov 10, 2012
Wien
It is like in the automobile sector. The first facelift is the best balance between price and features. All the bugs from the protoype version are solved. The features are not to overwhelming and the price is ok.

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Z - Feels like a prototype phone. Has many things done good but also has many thing that just feel low quality...
Z1 - Feels like hell-a-lot of an improvement - better screen, and build quality. Still not perfect with those bezels and not as great viewing angles.
Z2 - *Z design brang to perfection* Great screen with good bezels and viewing angles.

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
I went to store with intent to buy Z2, the display model was abhorrent, the screen was misaligned, there were huge gaps around the screen and middle frame and if that wasnt bad enough the screen was flickering away. As a Z1 owner I couldnt help notice also that the entire look and feel was less premium than Z1. Im sticking with Z1 very disappointed as I was looking forward to 4K vid and display improvements.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How many generations does it take to build the perfect smartphone? In this video I will show you all differences between Sony Xperia Z vs. Sony Xperia Z1 and Sony Xperia Z2. What exactly has changed between models and is it worth upgrading?

I generally like the design of the Z better than that of its sucessors.
    The soft-touch was great, aluminum is generally a bad idea when there are antennas nearby and it really destroys the look iam loving the Z for right now.

The plain black monolitic all-around, with the frame that is like pebble-blueish when looked at in the sunlight.
    Just great imo.

For me the Z1/Z2 are a step back regarding the sleek elegant design that was inherent to the Z, except for a few changes.
    The flap-less headphone jack is really the only thing that i really found to be annoying about the Z, and the 3200mah is also a great step forward.

Other than that there isnt really much beside hardware-specs that was improved in my opinion.
    Still missing such a feature like IR, maybe with the Z3?

Display was always kinda okayish when looking straight at it, and due to the bad viewing angles i dont need any kind of "privacy-filter" foil or similiar :p
    Things that should get improved is the Picture-Quality in dark conditions and in macro-mode i hate that blur-filter that seems to destroy any little detail i was used to see on a lot older devices.
    There have been Sony-Ericcson's Cybershot phones that are now pretty much "historical" that took more natural or even in general better looking images.
    Its also sad for me to know that my five year old phone takes better macro-shots :(

Anyways, we'll see.

:highfive: