[Q] Does a usb powered battery "last less"?

Search This thread

javiwankenobi

Jun 26, 2013
I bought myself one of those portable batteries to charge my phone and tablet on the go. It always seems like when I charge my Nexus 5 from the wall charger the battery lasts longer than when I do it from my car usb, or the portable battery itself. I could get 90% from the wall charger and get to 90% from the portable battery and the latter seems to drain faster. Am I just am I imagining things?

pepdavies

Dec 1, 2012
Tiverton, Devon
The problem with using a battery pack is that you are filling up with poor quality electricity. If you charge from the wall you know exactly where it has come from, kind of like fair trade organic apples

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: chaosdefinesorder

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
I bought myself one of those portable batteries to charge my phone and tablet on the go. It always seems like when I charge my Nexus 5 from the wall charger the battery lasts longer than when I do it from my car usb, or the portable battery itself. I could get 90% from the wall charger and get to 90% from the portable battery and the latter seems to drain faster. Am I just am I imagining things?

You are just imagining.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

chaosdefinesorder

Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge

is it possible that when you top up when out and about, you are more likely to be using your device a bit heavier (more screen-on or active time), while wall charger implies charging at home therefore implies using device a bit less?

Edit/OT: ooo this was post 666 for me! :victory:

Reactions: javiwankenobi

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
The problem with using a battery pack is that you are filling up with poor quality electricity. If you charge from the wall you know exactly where it has come from, kind of like fair trade organic apples

You Sir, are a science genius !!

Reactions: pepdavies

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

is it possible that when you top up when out and about, you are more likely to be using your device a bit heavier (more screen-on or active time), while wall charger implies charging at home therefore implies using device a bit less?

Edit/OT: ooo this was post 666 for me! :victory:

You Sir, are a science genius !!