[Theme][MetaMorph] Krispy's Gingerbread for CM6.1 ROMs v1.3.1 - update 13-12

Search This thread

krispijn_s

Jul 27, 2009
Stompetoren
(scroll down a bit for download links)

Description:

This is basically a metamorph version of l0st.prophets "GingerFroyo" with a few differences:

• Uses Metamorph instead of an update.zip to apply theme
  • Your final look is determined by which packages and subthemes you apply (you have more options, e.g. you don't like the gingerbread-style animations? You don't apply that package)
  • Both grey and green statusbar icons (default is grey)
  • Includes a font that is somewhat more subtle (from the Palm Pre)
  • Misc. minor subtle differences (like the half transparent background of the dropdown)

Problems using metamorph or prefer an update.zip? Look here for l0st.prophet's flashable update instead: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=864451

Mandatory screenshots:
screenshot_1.png
screenshot_2.png
screenshot_6.png
screenshot_7.png
screenshot_8.png
screenshot_9.png

(The clock/weather widget is SiMi Clock Widget)

History:

13-12-2010:
v1.3.1:
  • Fixed font copy location
  • Fixed tab bug (in main package); thanks for the heads up, ximmox!

v1.3:
  • Moved files to public dropbox folder (HERE)
  • Restructured packages into individual zips for different items (see post below)
  • Added (optional) Froyo animation package. You can now revert if you don't like the wobly gingerbread style.
  • Added menu packages for Froyd 1.7.2 and Floyo 1.1.9 (could work on Floyo 1.2.0; untested)

12-12-2010: v1.2: Major kudos to l0st.prophet; this update is only possible thanks to him.
  • Nexus S default wallpaper
  • Added (optional) menu package for dark menus (see screenshot)
  • Added (optional) green icon package for statusbar icons
  • Added (optional) Browser and Dailer subthemes
  • Restructured metamorph package

10-12-2010: v1.1 now has both animation- and theme-packages in seperate metamorph directories. That way you can choose whether you want those animations or not ... or just the animations ;) Also it has cleaned up contactframes (aka they be gone now) as well as cleaned up waiting spinners (no more jagged edges there).

09-12-2010: Thanks to studjuice for pointing me to the anim xmls, which have now been included in an extra package (those that don't want the fly-in animations can still use the original zip). :)

Downloads

How to use:

!!!
Please, please, please make sure that you have are using the default theme (Stock) with the white status bar before continuing (this is important; you can reset it by going to Settings -> Cyanogenmod Settings -> User Interface -> Tweaks Extra -> Reset UI tweaks to default).
!!!

1. "KrispysGingerbread_1.3.1_Main.zip" contains:
    • "CM6settingsXML" contains an xml for use with Cyanogenmod settings. It is the colour definition I use (makes the clock and notifications turn white). This xml-file should be extracted to your sd card in "CMTheme". Then you can select it by going to Settings -> Cyanogenmod Settings -> User Interface -> Tweaks Extra -> Select a theme.
    • "KrispyGingerbread_Main" contains the basic metamorph (a directory) and you should extract that to the "AndroidThemes" directory on your sdcard. This main package contains 4 subthemes: the font, browser update, dailer update and framework-res.apk: the meat of the package.
  2. "KrispysGingerbread_1.3_Animation.zip" contains the gingerbread-style animations metamorph and you should put that in the "AndroidThemes" directory on your sdcard as well. This package also contains a metamorph with the original Froyo-style animations in case you want to go back.
  3. "KrispyGingerbread_1.3_Menu_***.zip" contains the metamorph with the gingerbread bottom menu (dark), depending on your ROM.
    note: If you apply this metamorph, there is no easy way back to the default style. Should you wish to do this, reflash your ROM version (only cache wiping) and reapply the packages you want or drop me a pm and I'll see what I can do.
  4. "KrispyGingerbread_1.3_GreenIcons.zip" contains statusbar icons in green. Copy to SD blablabla.

Then install using metamorph (here's a guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591329 ) :)

Disclaimerthingy:

So I made this for myself, but seeing as there is some demand for this in the froyd thread, I figured I'd share this. I take no credit for anything other than the resizing (which is not a big deal anyway). I did not skin the bottom dwelling menu (the one that pop's up if you press the menu key), because I haven't been able to change the font colour and you'd get black on black (unreadable). If someone knows how to change that, please tell! :confused:

I've tested it on CM6.1 stable, but my guess is that it should work for other android 2.2- or CM-based ROMs as well. I don't plan on supporting this, but if you post something here I might look at it. Also, feel free to use the images in the pack, they're Google's anyway ;)

ENJOY! :D

Last edited:

Miister-Ot

Jul 31, 2008
hallo! i'm using froydvillian 1.7. when i apply the metamorph theme nothing happens (i think the font changed)... i have tried several times now. i have chosen krispyGingerbread.xml and get no errors. no errors on startup check either.
any ideas?

punkmonkey1984

Aug 16, 2008
Bucheon 부천시
Not working for me, getting stuck at installing Krispy fonts and does not advance

Copying files from /system/fonts/
kispy-fonts.cpy to /system/fonts/

Last edited:

krispijn_s

Jul 27, 2009
Stompetoren
Hmmm... odd

Seems you have problems with Metamorph in general then. It could be that the file permissions are not set correctly.

Using either the adb or root explorer, can anyone on Froyd check the file permissions of:

/system/fonts/* (mine are set to --rwxr-x)
/system/framework/framework-res.apk (mine is set to rw-r--r--)

The other problem could be with the /system partition being mounted as r/o rather than r/w, but that's a bit trickier to solve.

krispijn_s

Jul 27, 2009
Stompetoren
I found this in the Metamorph thread and I remember doing this at one point so you might want to try this:

"That actually is a busy box issue, it is not being given proper permission.

get the app "terminal emulaltor" from the market

then type this into the emulator
Quote:
chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox"

Miister-Ot

Jul 31, 2008
output:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 98092 0 98092 0% /dev
tmpfs 98092 0 98092 0% /mnt/asec
/dev/block/mtdblock3 174080 111768 62312 64% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock5 169728 5388 164340 3% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock4 133120 40816 92304 31% /cache
/dev/block/vold/179:1
15685632 10114368 5571264 64% /mnt/sdcard
/dev/block/vold/179:1
15685632 10114368 5571264 64% /mnt/secure/asec

krispijn_s

Jul 27, 2009
Stompetoren
Well.. it's not about space then. Last thing I can come up with is renaming the directory to something without special characters, e.g. "KrispysGingerbread".

I had some problems applying the fonts, but it worked after the rename. I've updated the zip, maybe you could try that one?

Miister-Ot

Jul 31, 2008
tried the updated zip. still no errors and theme is not applied.
i'm on osx and one thing i noticed is, after your zip is unpacked and i try copying KrispysGingerbread folder in sdcard/AndroidThemes i get an error saying that the operation cannot finish because an object with the same name already exists.... and there is nothing in that folder...
so my solution is that i copy the whole zip into sdcard/androidtheme and let metamorph unzip it. i then browse to the xml and apply it

the copying of KrispysGingerbread always stops after jog_tab_target_yellow.png in KrispysGingerbread/framework-res/res/dawable-mdpi , if that helps...

Last edited:

thantos2024

Apr 5, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Have tried myself with this, and with new zip will apply the fonts but not the theme itself, although it states its applying framework-res.apk and then asks if you want to reboot to see your changes.

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

Slugbug

Sep 22, 2010
Just installed MetaMorph and went about to enable this theme. Works wonders! Had to run MetaMorph twice though to get it to run without asking about more space on /system.

Thanks! Looks awesome! :D

krispijn_s

Jul 27, 2009
Stompetoren
Looking really good, but aren`t network and 3G icons green. :confused:

214380b14bli.jpg

Are you going to add other stuff?

Gingerbread system image is here

Thanks
I suspect this has something to do with roaming on a network or something like that: my colleague has the same green icons and uses an small operator that uses the network of a smaller one. I'm on vodafone and mine are just white.

I might theme more.. if I find the time :)

studjuice

Feb 23, 2010
St. Louis
Port to G1

Hey Krispy, I made a port of this to use on my G1.
Would you mind if I posted this for other G1 users (giving credit to you)?

Frojd

Sep 19, 2009
I've ported this to the Galaxy I7500 running GAOSP. Posted in a thread on Drakaz android forum (I wasn't allowed to link to outside sites yet apparently), giving you credit.

Thanks for your work, it works great and looks nice! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (scroll down a bit for download links)

Description:

This is basically a metamorph version of l0st.prophets "GingerFroyo" with a few differences:

• Uses Metamorph instead of an update.zip to apply theme
    • Your final look is determined by which packages and subthemes you apply (you have more options, e.g. you don't like the gingerbread-style animations? You don't apply that package)
    • Both grey and green statusbar icons (default is grey)
    • Includes a font that is somewhat more subtle (from the Palm Pre)
    • Misc. minor subtle differences (like the half transparent background of the dropdown)

Problems using metamorph or prefer an update.zip? Look here for l0st.prophet's flashable update instead: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=864451

Mandatory screenshots:
    screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_2.png
    screenshot_6.png
    screenshot_7.png
    screenshot_8.png
    screenshot_9.png

(The clock/weather widget is SiMi Clock Widget)

History:

13-12-2010:
    v1.3.1:
    • Fixed font copy location
    • Fixed tab bug (in main package); thanks for the heads up, ximmox!

v1.3:
    • Moved files to public dropbox folder (HERE)
    • Restructured packages into individual zips for different items (see post below)
    • Added (optional) Froyo animation package. You can now revert if you don't like the wobly gingerbread style.
    • Added menu packages for Froyd 1.7.2 and Floyo 1.1.9 (could work on Floyo 1.2.0; untested)

12-12-2010: v1.2: Major kudos to l0st.prophet; this update is only possible thanks to him.
    • Nexus S default wallpaper
    • Added (optional) menu package for dark menus (see screenshot)
    • Added (optional) green icon package for statusbar icons
    • Added (optional) Browser and Dailer subthemes
    • Restructured metamorph package

10-12-2010: v1.1 now has both animation- and theme-packages in seperate metamorph directories. That way you can choose whether you want those animations or not ... or just the animations ;) Also it has cleaned up contactframes (aka they be gone now) as well as cleaned up waiting spinners (no more jagged edges there).

09-12-2010: Thanks to studjuice for pointing me to the anim xmls, which have now been included in an extra package (those that don't want the fly-in animations can still use the original zip). :)

Downloads

How to use:

!!!
    Please, please, please make sure that you have are using the default theme (Stock) with the white status bar before continuing (this is important; you can reset it by going to Settings -> Cyanogenmod Settings -> User Interface -> Tweaks Extra -> Reset UI tweaks to default).
    !!!

1. "KrispysGingerbread_1.3.1_Main.zip" contains:
      • "CM6settingsXML" contains an xml for use with Cyanogenmod settings. It is the colour definition I use (makes the clock and notifications turn white). This xml-file should be extracted to your sd card in "CMTheme". Then you can select it by going to Settings -> Cyanogenmod Settings -> User Interface -> Tweaks Extra -> Select a theme.
      • "KrispyGingerbread_Main" contains the basic metamorph (a directory) and you should extract that to the "AndroidThemes" directory on your sdcard. This main package contains 4 subthemes: the font, browser update, dailer update and framework-res.apk: the meat of the package.
    2. "KrispysGingerbread_1.3_Animation.zip" contains the gingerbread-style animations metamorph and you should put that in the "AndroidThemes" directory on your sdcard as well. This package also contains a metamorph with the original Froyo-style animations in case you want to go back.
    3. "KrispyGingerbread_1.3_Menu_***.zip" contains the metamorph with the gingerbread bottom menu (dark), depending on your ROM.
      note: If you apply this metamorph, there is no easy way back to the default style. Should you wish to do this, reflash your ROM version (only cache wiping) and reapply the packages you want or drop me a pm and I'll see what I can do.
    4. "KrispyGingerbread_1.3_GreenIcons.zip" contains statusbar icons in green. Copy to SD blablabla.

Then install using metamorph (here's a guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591329 ) :)

Disclaimerthingy:

So I made this for myself, but seeing as there is some demand for this in the froyd thread, I figured I'd share this. I take no credit for anything other than the resizing (which is not a big deal anyway). I did not skin the bottom dwelling menu (the one that pop's up if you press the menu key), because I haven't been able to change the font colour and you'd get black on black (unreadable). If someone knows how to change that, please tell! :confused:

I've tested it on CM6.1 stable, but my guess is that it should work for other android 2.2- or CM-based ROMs as well. I don't plan on supporting this, but if you post something here I might look at it. Also, feel free to use the images in the pack, they're Google's anyway ;)

ENJOY! :D
    Well, it seems that the menu package gives me a bootloop on FroydVillain 1.7.2. So, gonna avoid that and install everything else.

Yeah, as I'm only running CM6.1 I forgot that other ROMs have need seperate files as the menu package replaces some compiled files, rather than regular images. I'll add packages for other ROMs.

hey, i tried this with my CDMA Hero, and it works perfectly! thanks a bunch! but i have a question. i had no clue what the 2.3 animations looked liked, and now that i do, i dont like them. is there a way to revert (stock metamorph) besides a complete redoing of system flashing? i did a nandroid before my metamorphing, but when i go to restore, it gives me a md5 sum mismatch. no biggy, i just dont have an image of before my metamorphs, and i want to get rid of the new animations. thanks for the theme anyway :D

EDIT: all i did was reflash 6.1 stable, and its all stock. again, good job with this, i like it alot!

There's no Froyo animation pack atm. but if people want, I can whip up a metamorph.

Thanks for adding the Menu-Metamorph, sadly I can't use it... anyone else etting into a bootloop after flashing it? :eek:

I'm not using a Hero but a HTC Magic with CM6.1, but I'd guess that's probably not the cause?

I don't need to flash the Main-Theme before either, do I?

Currently I'm using my own metamorph for the framework which mostly consists of your and l0st.prohphet's work with the exception of sliders or tabs (which are btw. not as accurate as in CM's stock theme ... the bottom borderline underneath the other tabs is a slight bit too thick compared to the line under the active tab.)

edit: Actually the border underneath the tabs isn't too thick, it's the border underneath the active tab which is too thin,
    here's a picture (from l0st.prohpet's thread) to show the area I mean:

tab_error_CM6.1_metamorph.jpg

Same as with Froyd/Floyo ROMs: the menu metamorph replaces a compiled package so it is ROM specific and thus device specific as well.

As for the tabs: it must be some image file in the Contacts.apk that looks off; tabs in other apps seem to look fine; lemme see if I can fix that.
    I tried making the menu work for cm6.2 for my eris and I have got the menu to work in a sense that the background is there and the buttons show but only the horizontal devider shows. The vertical devider and text dont show, how do i change that?

this thread has some good info on this
    Thanks. But i got the file decompiled and the xml changed, What now how do i recompile it?

i use apk manager, save your xml file, decompile the original apk using apk manager, and stick your xml in there, compile, zip, sign...done