Please help! Lost IMEI with no backup

Search This thread

mrhatfi

Jul 21, 2010
I have been running Task's AOKP (4.3.1 with LK3 bootloader) for a while now with no issues. Last night I decided to do a fresh install of it and started to run into problems now. I can no longer connect to LTE and only have edge service. After some researching I notice that my IMEI now says 0 and that can lead to not connecting to networks. Everything I have read says one way to get your IMEI back is to flash back to stock but since I have been running 4.3 there is no way to go back without bricking from what I have read? Is there any way to recover your IMEI or am I out of luck? I have tried reflashing/clearing caches and that made no difference..

I would be grateful for any help of If someone can point me in the right direction..

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:

rdoac

Oct 27, 2012
Rockford, IL
I have been running Task's AOKP (4.3.1 with LK3 bootloader) for a while now with no issues. Last night I decided to do a fresh install of it and started to run into problems now. I can no longer connect to LTE and only have edge service. After some researching I notice that my IMEI now says 0 and that can lead to not connecting to networks. Everything I have read says one way to get your IMEI back is to flash back to stock but since I have been running 4.3 there is no way to go back without bricking from what I have read? Is there any way to recover your IMEI or am I out of luck? I have tried reflashing/clearing caches and that made no difference..

I would be grateful for any help of If someone can point me in the right direction..

Thanks in Advance!

You can go back to stock. The issue has to do with bootloaders. If you try to go back to a previous bootloader once loading MJB you will brick your phone. You can, however, go back to a previous or stock Rom.

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012

Thanks in Advance!

I had a similar problem after recovering from a hard brick. Try to Reflash your modem. That's what got me service again after my bricking incident. My imei number showed as 0 and my baseband showed as unknown(go to settings, about device, look for baseband what does it show, then cruise back up to status and you got the imei there zero of course).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
You found a resolution yet?

ra4013

Oct 13, 2010
I had a similar problem after recovering from a hard brick. Try to Reflash your modem. That's what got me service again after my bricking incident. My imei number showed as 0 and my baseband showed as unknown(go to settings, about device, look for baseband what does it show, then cruise back up to status and you got the imei there zero of course).

Don't know if it will help but mine did the same after flashing a ROM. Nandroiding back fixed mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

britt21

Nov 28, 2012
barnstable
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
IMEI problems

i had the same problem. what i did is i went back to stock using Odin and used the full NV back up tool use this to put your IMEI back in make sure to put it in correctly save it. Then when you use the NV tool restore it back to the phone it worked for my phone no problems

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Another thread about to be locked or deleted. IMEI discussions are not permitted on this site due to abuse.

You can find the information you need from other sites via Google. Reflashing your modem, letting the phone catch a signal and a little time /patience does resolve the problem for many. Once you get back to normal, make sure that you back up your entire EFS /NV in case you run into any future problems.

As others pointed out, do not try to downgrade a 4.3 bootloader. 4.3 was a major update and blew a qfuse in our phones. Meaning that trying to revert it will likely brick your phone. If your IMEI is actually corrupt don't panic. You just need to spend an hour or two of quality time with Google. The information you need isn't that hard to find, it's just buried in an avalanche of help me posts.