[Q] Can I upgrade i9300 4.1.2 rooted to Carbon rom 4.4.2 using just mobile Odin pro?

Search This thread

freedomIndia

Nov 7, 2013
Mine is an i9300 rooted and running 4.1.2
I have downloaded the carbon rom 4.4,2 meant for i9300 and also the gapps to the phone' sd card,
Can I upgrade the phone via mobile Odin pro only? I don't have access to a PC or a mac.
Or is it better to go via CMWM?
Don't want to mess up my only phone:)

kunal1540

Jun 6, 2013
City of oranges
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
No need to flash through mobile odin...
There are flashable zips available for Phil's... you can just flash those through your current recovery..
And I would suggest change your modem to any modem after mg4...
Installing an aosp ROM would not affect anything related to modem but if you do flash any Samsung rom then that would be necessary...

Sent from my GT-I9300

freedomIndia

Nov 7, 2013
Was able to update to philz recovery and did a new nandroid backup

No need to flash through mobile odin...
There are flashable zips available for Phil's... you can just flash those through your current recovery..
And I would suggest change your modem to any modem after mg4...
Installing an aosp ROM would not affect anything related to modem but if you do flash any Samsung rom then that would be necessary...

Sent from my GT-I9300

Thanks for the suggestion. Flashed philz through CWM recovery.
Now should I use Mobile Odin pro to install 4.2.2 carbon or just through philz itself?
Seems Odin pro gives me ability to inject super user on install. Philz doesn't give me any such option.
What would you recommend?

whatsgood

Aug 19, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. Flashed philz through CWM recovery.
Now should I use Mobile Odin pro to install 4.2.2 carbon or just through philz itself?
Seems Odin pro gives me ability to inject super user on install. Philz doesn't give me any such option.
What would you recommend?
Actually I think Philz does allow you to flash root .I remember seeing the option in advanced or philz settings I think. You can then go on to download SuperSU from market and it will work fine

freedomIndia

Nov 7, 2013
Don't have a PC or mac

Actually I think Philz does allow you to flash root .I remember seeing the option in advanced or philz settings I think. You can then go on to download SuperSU from market and it will work fine

Is the carbon rom pre rooted? Else I would have to depend on Odin to prerogative it for me.

Top Liked Posts