[Q] HELP - My new phone stop reading my SimCard

Search This thread

xperia_88

Nov 6, 2012
My new phone stop reading the SimCard after 2 using days ("no simcard" reporting). I am sure It is not a software problem but on the other hand the SimCard socket hardware look like new. Unfortunately I don't have warranty... Any idea how to fix it? :crying:

My new phone stop reading the SimCard after 2 using days ("no simcard" reporting). I am sure It is not a software problem but on the other hand the SimCard socket hardware look like new. Unfortunately I don't have warranty... Any idea how to fix it? :crying:

Maybe Sim Card problem?? did you try a different sim

Clean the contacts in sim and phone....

Reactions: comk4ver

xperia_88

Nov 6, 2012
Thanks all but Unfortunately I tried all, cleaning by electric spry etc. This phone is new and all its hardware just new. I loss $350 since I bought it with no warranty :( . It worked perfect and suddenly no calling in/out no SimCard...

Last edited:
Thanks all but Unfortunately I tried all, cleaning by electric spry etc. This phone is new and all its hardware just new. I loss $350 since I bought it with no warranty :( . It worked perfect and suddenly no calling in/out no SimCard...

Mate ,

Do not give up just yet , take it to service center ( does not have to be Samsung) it may be just a cold solder point ( loose contact) does not seem to be something terribly bad.

Reactions: xperia_88

dave106

Dec 22, 2005
The sim tray is pretty easy to replace and the part is quite cheap (couple of £) YouTube a video on replacing it. Just need a screwdriver and a hair dryer to soften the sticky holding down the current tray

Reactions: xperia_88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Maybe Sim Card problem?? did you try a different sim

Clean the contacts in sim and phone....
    Yes, this sim is working on other phone now.

well if the sim card is working ....looks like a problem in the sim card socket, try to clean the contacts there , like with a pencil eraser , if that does not work you may have to take it to a service center

Mate ,

Do not give up just yet , take it to service center ( does not have to be Samsung) it may be just a cold solder point ( loose contact) does not seem to be something terribly bad.
    The sim tray is pretty easy to replace and the part is quite cheap (couple of £) YouTube a video on replacing it. Just need a screwdriver and a hair dryer to soften the sticky holding down the current tray