TIP: temporarily disable soft key back light when it is dark

Search This thread

marcinr

May 21, 2010
I found out a way to temporarily disable back light on the soft keys on my non-rooted HOX. It kind of works most of the times and is active until you lock the device.

First, download "Screen filter" from the Play store

Activate the screen filter to your liking, I recommend putting a widget on your home screen and un-tick the "enable soft-key backlight"

Now comes the extremely unscientific trick to get the soft key to be turned off, press the power key on your device to lock and unlock your device until it "forgets" to turn on the soft key back light!

I do this almost every night and usually works after 3 or 4 tries.

Maybe there is a better solution out there for the people who have not rooted their device?

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
I found out a way to temporarily disable back light on the soft keys on my non-rooted HOX. It kind of works most of the times and is active until you lock the device.

Activate the screen filter to your liking, I recommend putting a widget on your home screen and un-tick the "enable soft-key backlight"

Now comes the extremely unscientific trick to get the soft key to be turned off, press the power key on your device to lock and unlock your device until it "forgets" to turn on the soft key back light!

Maybe there is a better solution out there for the people who have not rooted their device?
Edit: my bad didn't notice the not rooted part :)

I think there is? Adjbrightness or how it's called, but it needs root. Or you can just shut the backlight completely like I did with an easy framework change.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

e34v8

Mar 8, 2011
There's another dirty trick. Press and hold your power button, till the capacitive buttons start to blink, when they are off, during the blinking process, release the power button, this will turn them off

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Thanks man! :good: This really annoyed me.

iLHaNroID

Apr 21, 2010
Have installed Soft Keys; back lights gone but how I can re-activate it? Trying to reset, no success..

Sent from my HTC One X (stock, international Tegra3) using xda premium

ankita stha

Jun 21, 2014
There's another dirty trick. Press and hold your power button, till the capacitive buttons start to blink, when they are off, during the blinking process, release the power button, this will turn them off

how to turn it on back in htc one m7 mine notification led and home and back buttons are not lightning back....plz help..:crying:

Vickycolt

Jun 14, 2015
Awsome trick and much easier :)

Thanks alot you saved me from so much tention :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.