MicroSDXC 64 / 128 GB for any Phone /Tablet with a slot

Search This thread

wolfgangt

Oct 1, 2013
Now that MicroSDXC cards of 64 GB are getting cheaper every day - you can get at Amazon a Transcend card for about 40 Euros - I tried such a card on a very cheap Allwinner A 10 tablet (Dslide 971) running stock rom 4.0.4. Not easy to go lower. I formatted the card with the utility FAT32FORMAT (google it), which allows to format partitions larger than 32 GB to be formatted in FAT32.

Works like a charm ! (Only unconvenience: FAT32 allows no files larger than 4 GB).
Worked as well on a cheap china phone (MTK 6589, Custom rom based on 4.2.1).
I did not test it, but there is no reason why this should not work with a 128 GB card (are still a little expensive today).

PS: the utility FAT32FORMATTER did not work.
PPS: another reason to buy only phones with a card slot. F....you, Apple and Google

Im using 64gb sandisk in my xplay, however as sony said it wont support cards bigger than 32gb. I think that they knew that their devices will work with bigger but werent sure (or something) about it. So if it wont work they dont need to help.

And 40€ is more expensive than ie samsung 64gb uhs1, which in poland cost ~80zl (~20€)

PS. To format sdcards im uing sdformatter or hp usb format tool on windows, or gparted pn linux

Sent using C6833 - Carbon KitKat

wolfgangt

Oct 1, 2013
Im using 64gb sandisk in my xplay, however as sony said it wont support cards bigger than 32gb. I think that they knew that their devices will work with bigger but werent sure (or something) about it. So if it wont work they dont need to help.

And 40€ is more expensive than ie samsung 64gb uhs1, which in poland cost ~80zl (~20€)

PS. To format sdcards im uing sdformatter or hp usb format tool on windows, or gparted pn linux

You are sure that the 80 zloty 64 GB card is not a fake ? You should buy them all and sell them on ebay for 30 Euros ......

It doesnt look like fake (however now they can fake everything).
They are sold as Samsung by real companies (or maybe small shops) and in poland u are not allowed to sell fakes and i dont think so many people willtry their best with law, where every unhappy client can finished it - they would try with noname cards.
I know one person which have this sdcard and till now he doesnt have problems with it (will se what future brings). Hes card is real 64gb (nothing disapear)

PS. Its even 60zl (15€)
PS2. Good idea with buying/selling, but one i dont have money now and i dont like debts, second polish law will probably make it not pay off (im not sure coz im not into laws)

wolfgangt

Oct 1, 2013
It doesnt look like fake (however now they can fake everything).
They are sold as Samsung by real companies (or maybe small shops) and in poland u are not allowed to sell fakes and i dont think so many people willtry their best with law, where every unhappy client can finished it - they would try with noname cards.
I know one person which have this sdcard and till now he doesnt have problems with it (will se what future brings). Hes card is real 64gb (nothing disapear)

PS. Its even 60zl (15€)
PS2. Good idea with buying/selling, but one i dont have money now and i dont like debts, second polish law will probably make it not pay off (im not sure coz im not into laws)

15 Euros looks like too good to be true. Do they have 128´s as well ? If yes, do they accept orders from other countries ?

Best regards
Wolfgang

Last edited:
There is no english version od Allegro (some kind of polish ebay, but we have ebay too), but it probably wont be too hard for you, so look here:
http://allegro.pl/listing/listing.p...+64gb&search_scope=&bmatch=seng-v6-p-2-e-0409
Maybe u find something "fake" in them, but for me they look enough original (but I dont say they are)

Here u have ss:
allegro_zpsa805ab5b.png
This one ships outside poland (but doesnt say where)
If u look othe auctions u need to go to the same bookmark (1) - "Dostawa i płatność" (mean shipping and payment) and than look if there is (2) "Zgadzam się na wysyłkę za granicę" (mean that he/she is sending abroad). If there is similar "Nie zgadzam się na wysyłkę za granicę" it means that he/she doesnt ("nie" is "no" in polish)

Ps. If i will have more money I think about buying one for my ZU.

EDIT: I read some more around and even found xda thread about this cards: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2422365
It looks It was to good to be true and they are probably fake - real SAMSUNG are SDXC and with white/grey 64gb not SDHC whit blue :(

Last edited: