[APP][2.3+][V3.7.2] LocationDetector

Search This thread

BaseManAndroid

Aug 23, 2013
Important: the application can work without Internet connection!

LocationDetector is full suite for travelers, fishermen and mushroom pickers! It is direct GPS Navigator to saved places.

Use navigation arrow to find the saved location you have forgot.
Use compass to get directions of North, West etc.
Send locations via sms, see all locations on map etc....
Now you can do all of these things with the only one application - LocationDetector !!!

In advanced version you have additional features like adding locations from google map or enter it numeric values, weather conditions etc.!
Also there is no advertisement in Advanced Location Detector!

Thanks for using it!

Google Play: LocationDetector

QR :
qr_code_200.png

SCREENS:
8p92zBgtyLRoTpw7lYg836aybps3U5-_jnWDwYNwpHp94AkFVU-zLFmQ9sSjlTa_ePs=h310
GOKrWu6MunsmNfOogPixKu4HkWONJ1Y2rlg0p0w6K2ahsKDfSeAGjN0oTip0YGpRb2f5=h310
aMJ5jyOk7PSMxHcKKZv2NacUTcCwQKWALVcnSmzxp-UrgqClIbbKddbNo8P05TvhQSg=h310
9HRax3r4ulxQ9MN_ukarsf1Qd7drPTqtaB3fHe3WlshmXeXKzxx93M3M_I31l6ixtwk=h310
Qr7bnWatwZOT5olK7B9itF5W7TQHP1tyyVMb_acyUcS1Bcvawmh_m4eIHKuCUhXDlEg=h310
akLEj9BSWd4RLhHUZz7o02sgWudhEj6C5ayDuist81ppISP_ZogGB1ASgOY4spYtjhs=h310

LWRRpIJQRti4G6IzuzA8GDJWtlSGrFfI_X1VOrJZsaKqUXeoMk7ZktPH3BWGQku8bEE=h310

twinky444

Jan 9, 2012
where the Wi-Fi is.
Do you mean that it is difficult to understand how to use the application?
It is not a nice, enjoyable experience. The design is just outdated. Making a good app is not all. The second part is a good UI, pay attention to details, then the users will be more into using it. Take a look at HRS Hotel Search app. Their app was so badly designed (Gingerbread UI elements, wrong spacing, etc.) that they had to redesign it and after they have done that, they had to start over, with new app package name, new design (finally Holo, looks gorgeous) because of the bad ratings at Play Store. There is an official Android App Design community at Google+ that you may want to check out, with Roman Nurik (Muzei, DashClock) being the one of the moderators
If other developers would make app designs still based on Gingerbread, completely ignoring design guidelines, there would in the future be no material design, uncomplete Android L (because of those outdated apps) and Android platform would loose on popularity (no high-end games, cool apps, etc., you get the idea...).

However, from the screenshots it looks like if you just swap Theme.Light for Theme.Holo.Light.DarkActionBar, for example, and then spent just a few hours making your app look against the design guidelines, trust me, it would be at a totally different level. Good luck ;)

BaseManAndroid

Aug 23, 2013
It is not a nice, enjoyable experience. The design is just outdated. Making a good app is not all. The second part is a good UI, pay attention to details, then the users will be more into using it. Take a look at HRS Hotel Search app. Their app was so badly designed (Gingerbread UI elements, wrong spacing, etc.) that they had to redesign it and after they have done that, they had to start over, with new app package name, new design (finally Holo, looks gorgeous) because of the bad ratings at Play Store. There is an official Android App Design community at Google+ that you may want to check out, with Roman Nurik (Muzei, DashClock) being the one of the moderators
If other developers would make app designs still based on Gingerbread, completely ignoring design guidelines, there would in the future be no material design, uncomplete Android L (because of those outdated apps) and Android platform would loose on popularity (no high-end games, cool apps, etc., you get the idea...).

However, from the screenshots it looks like if you just swap Theme.Light for Theme.Holo.Light.DarkActionBar, for example, and then spent just a few hours making your app look against the design guidelines, trust me, it would be at a totally different level. Good luck ;)

Thanks a lot for your advices! Actually I'm going to redesign the app in the future, and now I think that I have to do it ASAP :)

Anyway, application is very helpful if you like to travel, and emphasis was made for functionality. I hope you will enjoy it anyway even with current design.

Reactions: twinky444

BaseManAndroid

Aug 23, 2013
May be someone has idea about functionality of this app? Is everything suitable for you?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Important: the application can work without Internet connection!

LocationDetector is full suite for travelers, fishermen and mushroom pickers! It is direct GPS Navigator to saved places.

Use navigation arrow to find the saved location you have forgot.
    Use compass to get directions of North, West etc.
    Send locations via sms, see all locations on map etc....
    Now you can do all of these things with the only one application - LocationDetector !!!

In advanced version you have additional features like adding locations from google map or enter it numeric values, weather conditions etc.!
    Also there is no advertisement in Advanced Location Detector!

Thanks for using it!

Google Play: LocationDetector

QR :
    qr_code_200.png

SCREENS:
    8p92zBgtyLRoTpw7lYg836aybps3U5-_jnWDwYNwpHp94AkFVU-zLFmQ9sSjlTa_ePs=h310
    GOKrWu6MunsmNfOogPixKu4HkWONJ1Y2rlg0p0w6K2ahsKDfSeAGjN0oTip0YGpRb2f5=h310
    aMJ5jyOk7PSMxHcKKZv2NacUTcCwQKWALVcnSmzxp-UrgqClIbbKddbNo8P05TvhQSg=h310
    9HRax3r4ulxQ9MN_ukarsf1Qd7drPTqtaB3fHe3WlshmXeXKzxx93M3M_I31l6ixtwk=h310
    Qr7bnWatwZOT5olK7B9itF5W7TQHP1tyyVMb_acyUcS1Bcvawmh_m4eIHKuCUhXDlEg=h310
    akLEj9BSWd4RLhHUZz7o02sgWudhEj6C5ayDuist81ppISP_ZogGB1ASgOY4spYtjhs=h310

LWRRpIJQRti4G6IzuzA8GDJWtlSGrFfI_X1VOrJZsaKqUXeoMk7ZktPH3BWGQku8bEE=h310
    UI/UX comment: Gingerbread UI? No. Ever heard of Holo or Material?

developer.android.com/design/index.html
    www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html

Sorry, I just don't get it.

Thanks a lot for your advices! Actually I'm going to redesign the app in the future, and now I think that I have to do it ASAP :)

Anyway, application is very helpful if you like to travel, and emphasis was made for functionality. I hope you will enjoy it anyway even with current design.